Which resort to stay at with that has 3 separate beds?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4; with my Wife and I along with our 2 teenage kids. On all of our trips to stay at DW, we've always slept in 2 Queen/Double where my Wife would sleep in the same bed as my daughter and I would sleep in the same bed as my son. Now that the kids are old and physically big enough, I need to find rooms that can accommodate them sleeping in their own beds.

Specifically, I need to find a room that where there 3 beds. My guess is that the best accommodation is 2 Double Beds and then a single Pull Out sofa bed. In other words, 3 beds.

I'm guessing that resorts that have rooms that can sleep 5 people would work?

Not only is my son bigger than me, its hard to share a bed with him cuz he flip and flops around like a fish out of water when sleeping ( which wakes me up often ).

I'm assuming that I'm not the only family now that has 2 fully grown teenagers that travel in a family of 4. What do you guys do?

I'm assuming that staying at a Hotel outside of Disneyworld is another option?

Just curious as to what any of you would suggest.

Most that sleep 4 have 2 queen beds, so only two sleeping surfaces.

I think some suites may have 3 sleeping surfaces, but one might be a sofa bed. I like Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) has a 5th sleeper bed, so that would be a 3rd sleeping surface.

Fort Wildness Cabin has a bunk bed set up, I believe.

Animal Kingdom Lodge with a sleeper sofa in the room.
Boardwalk - 2 queens + daybed (not sure if bookable category)
Contemporary - 2 queens + daybed

Last edited:
I think Port Orleans Riverside with its pull-down sleeper (see left-side of photo) is the least-expensive onsite option with 3 sleeping surfaces:

If you have a car, I suggest looking on eBay for a 2-bedroom condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Although we are DVC members and have tried many offsite options (including houses), WBC is now our go-to when we stay offsite. This will cost (a lot) less than Port Orleans Riverside:

Its location is essentially like being onsite:

Thanks to all that have replied. Although I have ALWAYS LOVED the amenities afforded to those that stay on a Disney Property ( and the only resorts that we have stayed at for every Disney trip ) I'm wondering if it's cost effective to stay at a higher end Non-Disney Property.

I have always loved the sprawling and huge Disney properties. For a longer trip, we do take advantage of all of the onsite property amenities. We like going swimming in the evening, I love the food court and restaurants that are open in the evening and love that we have transportation options.

If I were to consider a Non-Disney property, what resorts are huge and have similar type of amenities that Disney Properties offer ( stuff like water slides, lazy river if available, restaurants, etc. )?

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort looks interesting. Anything else along those lines that are close by?

CBR has two beds and a Murphy bed.
Beach Club has rooms with two beds and a day bed.
AoA has suites with multiple beds and Murphy beds.
so there are some options.

Fort Wilderness Cabins.

There's a queen bed, a bunk bed and a double-size sleeper sofa.

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort looks interesting. Anything else along those lines that are close by?
There are a lot of timeshare resorts near Disney that have their own rental programs, or you can rent from owners. Ask on the DISboards Orlando hotels and attractions board. In addition to Wyndham Bonnet Creek, we like Silver Lake, but would happily stay at Vistana Villages, Vistana Resort, or any of the nearby Marriott timeshares.

Thanks to all that have replied. Although I have ALWAYS LOVED the amenities afforded to those that stay on a Disney Property ( and the only resorts that we have stayed at for every Disney trip ) I'm wondering if it's cost effective to stay at a higher end Non-Disney Property.

I have always loved the sprawling and huge Disney properties. For a longer trip, we do take advantage of all of the onsite property amenities. We like going swimming in the evening, I love the food court and restaurants that are open in the evening and love that we have transportation options.

If I were to consider a Non-Disney property, what resorts are huge and have similar type of amenities that Disney Properties offer ( stuff like water slides, lazy river if available, restaurants, etc. )?

GF, Poly and CR all have rooms with daybeds. I'm 5'2" and am very comfortable in the deluxe day beds.

I would consider calling Swan/Dolphin and inquiring about a 2-bedroom suite. We have stayed in their suites and find a 2-bedroom will typically run around the same cost as a standard MK resort room. With Swan/Dolphin, you would get more space right in the thick of the EP resort area with boat/walking/Skyliner access to two parks.

To add to the post by @Marthasor above about the Dolphin. The standard Dolphin standard room sleeps up to 5: 2 double beds and an option for a roll-a-way bed (single) that would provide 3 dedicated "beds' vs a fold out couch or fold down sleeping surface.

At the Swan they often offer a family offer which consists of a King room and a connecting 2 Queen room at a discount and provides 2 full bathrooms.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter