Which restaurant would be better for eight people?

AuntiePeep

Earning My Ears
We’re planning to meet and dine prior to a Fireworks cruise on Bay Lake. Group ages range from 20 something to 70 something’s. Narrowed it down to Grand Floridian Cafe or Steakhouse 71. Would appreciate opinions.

I ate at Grand Floridian Cafe recently and they had some of the best fried chicken I have ever eaten. I am planning a trip back just for that fried chicken. So good! I’ve never dined at Steakhouse 71 so I can’t comment on their atmosphere or quality

Dined last month and last year at GF Cafe. Pretty atmosphere, great service, not a huge menu but just right size, consistently delicious food! It's a tradition, so we've been eating there since the 90s!
My DD loves both that and S71, tho I've never eaten there so I can't comment.

Which dock is your cruise leaving from?
This was going to be my question too. I don't enjoy schlepping all over the place at Disney. I would eat at whichever resort the cruise is departing from. That said, we think the food is better at Steakhouse 71, but the atmosphere is more pleasant at GF Cafe. The Grand Floridian lobby is currently going through a refurb so that could be a factor too depending on when you are going.

Stk71 is very loud when crowded which it's highly likely to be at that time of day. Might be a problem for anyone in your party who has difficulty hearing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter