Which restaurants validate Downtown Disney parking?

heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
I'm a newbie Annual Passholder (Deluxe) and was trying to decide if it would be worth upgrading from Deluxe to Premium mostly because of the parking issue. I plan to visit DL at least twice a month and stay around 5 hours each trip. I wondered if it would be better to just park at Downtown Disney and have my parking validated at one of the restaurants or just go ahead and upgrade for the additional $$ per month (I'm on the monthly payment plan).

Does anyone know which restaurants validate and what the least amount you need to spend to have parking validated? Thanks!

I'm a newbie Annual Passholder (Deluxe) and was trying to decide if it would be worth upgrading from Deluxe to Premium mostly because of the parking issue. I plan to visit DL at least twice a month and stay around 5 hours each trip. I wondered if it would be better to just park at Downtown Disney and have my parking validated at one of the restaurants or just go ahead and upgrade for the additional $$ per month (I'm on the monthly payment plan).

Does anyone know which restaurants validate and what the least amount you need to spend to have parking validated? Thanks!

"Parking Validation at the AMC 12 Theatres and the following table-service dining restaurants: Catal Restaurant, ESPN Zone, House of Blues, La Brea Bakery Cafe, Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria, Napolini, Rainforest Cafe, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, and Tortilla Jo's".

That was taken from a third-party site, however, so I can't confirm it officially. Of those listed, I'd say La Brea Bakery Cafe would be the fastest option if they do indeed validate.

The hotel restaurants also validate for DtD parking. We've received validation from Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55. To the OP, I would suggest calculating the approximate amount you plan to spend for each validation and multiply that by the approximate times you plan to visit DLR. If the total exceeds the amount for your AP upgrade, then it would be cheaper to upgrade (and get the discounts, too).

You could just do the DTD parking(with validation), however, you would have to make sure you were back by the end of that 5 hour period, or pay extra!

That would drive me bonkers having to keep an eye on the clock, so as to not be late.

It might just be in your best interest to go ahead and upgrade to the Premium Pass--free parking(no time constraints), and larger discounts purchases:thumbsup2!

You could just do the DTD parking(with validation), however, you would have to make sure you were back by the end of that 5 hour period, or pay extra!

That would drive me bonkers having to keep an eye on the clock, so as to not be late.

It might just be in your best interest to go ahead and upgrade to the Premium Pass--free parking(no time constraints), and larger discounts purchases:thumbsup2!

I definitely agree with this. I did the math a couple weeks ago and if you plan to go to the parks 10 times or more in the year, it's best to add on parking to your AP. If you plan to go a lot, I'd definitely take that route instead of always having to validate and worry about timing.

Thanks, everyone! I also think I would go bonkers trying to remember to be back to my car by the 5 hour mark plus hoping I'm spending enough at a restaurant to qualify for validation. I'm going back tomorrow morning for a few hours so will see how much it will cost to upgrade to Premium when I get to the ticket booth. I wonder if they will validate my parking then since I have to pay at the gate before entering the parking garage. Either way, it's worth $16 not to have to worry. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back tomorrow evening :)

Thanks, everyone! I also think I would go bonkers trying to remember to be back to my car by the 5 hour mark plus hoping I'm spending enough at a restaurant to qualify for validation. I'm going back tomorrow morning for a few hours so will see how much it will cost to upgrade to Premium when I get to the ticket booth. I wonder if they will validate my parking then since I have to pay at the gate before entering the parking garage. Either way, it's worth $16 not to have to worry. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back tomorrow evening :)

You don't necessary have to upgrade to a Premium. You can add parking to any pass for $139. That said, the difference to upgrade to Premium would be $170 so for $31 extra you get no blackouts and better discounts so might as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter