Which retailers sell Disney gift cards

Helen Gregson

Earning My Ears
I'm just learning about budgeting for WDW trips, and am trying to compile a list of retailers that sell Disney gift cards. I am aware of Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, BJ's, and Walgreens.

What am I missing?

So, my follow up question is: Which of these retailers allow you to use their own store gift card to purchase Disney gift cards?

Thank for the info, everyone.

So, my follow up question is: Which of these retailers allow you to use their own store gift card to purchase Disney gift cards?

Thank for the info, everyone.

Safeway does. Target does in store only. Honestly, at this point your results may vary store by store, location by location, cashier by cashier. It is really just trial and error. Best thing to do is to try it without asking about it to a sales associate. Just take it to the register or self check out and see what happens.

This method is no longer universal with any store most of the budget board has learned. While something may work here, there or somewhere for you it may not for me.

If you live in a Kroger market it might be your best bet. Catch their 4x fuel point on gift card deal. If you buy a $250 card you would get $1000 fuel points. That entitles you to $1 off per gallon, up to 35 gallons. Which if you use all of it saves you $35. So the real cost of your $250 GC is only $215.

If you live in a Kroger market it might be your best bet. Catch their 4x fuel point on gift card deal. If you buy a $250 card you would get $1000 fuel points. That entitles you to $1 off per gallon, up to 35 gallons. Which if you use all of it saves you $35. So the real cost of your $250 GC is only $215.

I don't have Krogers around me but my aunt and uncle brings both of their cars to the gas station at one time to take full advantage of the 35 gallons or as close as they can come. Also don't forget to bring your container for your lawn mower also.

I've been patiently waiting for Giant Eagle to offer double fuel perks on Disney GC - so far they haven't this year. I usually buy them with my Amex which gives 6% off on grocery store purchases, so it comes out to an 18% discount total on the GC. (for each $100 GC, 40¢ off per gallon of gas for 30 gallons total)

Just wondering how that helps you budget for Disney unless you get a discount on gift cards like at Target?

Bjs online has a 100 dollar gift card for 94.99 and you don't have to be a member.

Safeway does. Target does in store only. Honestly, at this point your results may vary store by store, location by location, cashier by cashier. It is really just trial and error. Best thing to do is to try it without asking about it to a sales associate. Just take it to the register or self check out and see what happens.

This method is no longer universal with any store most of the budget board has learned. While something may work here, there or somewhere for you it may not for me.
Does Safeway (and presumably Vons) still allow you to buy Disney Gift Cards with store gift cards?

Target does not allow gift card to gift card purchases.

Target does not allow gift card to gift card purchases.
Oh? I never had any trouble, although it has been a while. But I specifically want to know about Safeway/Vons because I have enough in Amazon gift cards to almost pay for my dining plan and I can buy Safeway/Vons/Albertsons gift cards with the Amazon gift cards, the question is can I then buy Disney Gift Cards with those gift cards?

Just wondering how that helps you budget for Disney unless you get a discount on gift cards like at Target?

A lot of people buy them up before trips to use to pay for it. Most of us are hopefully doing so at a discount, whether from Sam's club/BJs or by buying them from somewhere that reaps the best rewards for any given credit cards they may have.

Just realized ybi
Oh? I never had any trouble, although it has been a while. But I specifically want to know about Safeway/Vons because I have enough in Amazon gift cards to almost pay for my dining plan and I can buy Safeway/Vons/Albertsons gift cards with the Amazon gift cards, the question is can I then buy Disney Gift Cards with those gift cards?

I just realized this was an old thread and when the comment I quoted was posted, gift card to gift card was allowed. However, Target definitely no longer allows this.

I do not have the Safeway grocery store chain near me so I can't answer for that. I hope someone chimes in for you!

I specifically want to know about Safeway/Vons because I have enough in Amazon gift cards to almost pay for my dining plan and I can buy Safeway/Vons/Albertsons gift cards with the Amazon gift cards, the question is can I then buy Disney Gift Cards with those gift cards?

Officially no, but I have been able to get a manager to complete the transaction for me in the past month. It is a huge pain in the butt though, and you will be met with resistance and shown the terms & conditions on the gift cards that say it cannot be used to buy 3rd party gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter