Which rides were they willing to skip?

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
Which rides were your kids willing to skip? My DD, 8, can't wait for Dumbo as well as PoC - but she could do without Mr.Toads Wild Ride.....trying to figure out which rides to eliminate since we only have 1 full day. :confused3

I have been following your posts, I didn't know you only had one day!

My kids are willing to skip:

Tom Sawyer's Island
Tiki Room
Storybookland
King Arthur's Carousel
Rocket Rods
Mark Twain Steamboat
Shooting Gallery
Toontown

Those are a few that we skip but we go all the time. If we didn't go all the time, I wouldn't skip Toontown or Storybookland. The rest we don't do every trip!

Andrea

Matterhorn, we have one full day. We arrive on a Friday near noon, all day Sat, then leave Sun at 4 or so. I'd love to go during the week but my DH will nee to be home to watch our 2 yo.
When we take DS for his 1st trip (hopefully when he's 4) we will stay 7 days. Can't WAIT for that one!! I'm doing it big!! ;)

Thanks for the rides. We need to see Tom Sawyers I think b/c we haven't yet & she & I LOVE the Tiki Room!! :blush: It reminds me of retro Disney, back in the day. :) If we want to bug DH we sing the song...yes, we are sick minded people. :crazy:

We usually skip:
Dumbo
Storybook
Mad Tea Party
Astro Orbitor
Any Rivers of America
Tarzan's Treehouse
Parades(I know, but there are shorter lines)
HISTA
All Characters(biggest time waster)

Sometimes we skip
Casey Jr.
Enchanted Tiki Room
Snow White
Gadget
Alice

My kids (4 and 8) are willing to skip most of fantasyland. They love dumbo and Peter Pan, so we usually ride those. But, the rest can be skipped if needed. The lines are always so long in that area. They also are more then happy to skip the Matterhorn.

if she was younger I would say dont skip fantasyland....but being that she is 8 already I would probably skip it except for the ones she really likes...how is she on thrill rides? does she like them? I wouldnt let my dd get on SM until she was like 9...make sure you know which rides are a definite must and get fp for them so you can do it...its way hard to do DL in just one day I know but at least your not going to be there at a horrendous crowded time of year so this is doable...just a a lightspeed pace :rotfl: ....oh yeah I would skip star tours unless she really really wants to do it

My kids are 8, 9, & 10 they have already said that for our Halloween trip they want to skip Toontown, and the Tikki Room.

Yes we like the Tiki Room, but we definitely do not have to do it every trip! Can't skip the Teacups as that is DD3 favorite, and one of mine too! That music just gets me in a happy mood everytime I hear it. Tom Sawyers we skip only because there is no way I can fit through the tunnels holding DS, and IMHO, DD's are too little to go themselves because sometimes you don't know where they will come out! But your DD is a perfect age.

I think you will have plenty of time to do almost everything atleast once if you stay till closing Friday, open to close Saturday, and get there early Sunday! When we do trips like that, we get on pretyy much everything once and our favorites a few times! Good luck!

Andrea

Our kids are willing to skip Absolutely, unbelievably none! My husband on the otherhand would be all to willing to skip It's a Small World however since his daughter has him wrapped around her little finger while in DL, he goes on it!

I forgot to add Innoventions, another big waste of time and space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter