Which Shuttle?

clairabell29

Mouseketeer
I have never flown into SNA before. I always fly into LGB. I have found tickets for $9 each way per person for the Disney Express and the Super Shuttle is just a dollar more. The two of us land at 9:15am and we want to get to DL ASAP! It will be spring break and BUSY. We don't have any baggage to pick up. It appears the Disney Express only shuttles once an hour and makes several stops. I can't find any info on Super Shuttle regaurding it's policies on how many stops it makes. I am open to suggestions too, these are just the two I found doing a search on here. Thanks!

I have never flown into SNA before. I always fly into LGB. I have found tickets for $9 each way per person for the Disney Express and the Super Shuttle is just a dollar more. The two of us land at 9:15am and we want to get to DL ASAP! It will be spring break and BUSY. We don't have any baggage to pick up. It appears the Disney Express only shuttles once an hour and makes several stops. I can't find any info on Super Shuttle regaurding it's policies on how many stops it makes. I am open to suggestions too, these are just the two I found doing a search on here. Thanks!

You are traveling with no baggage?

Jack

Sorry should have made that more clear. We are not checking baggage, so we won't have to go to baggage claim. Its a short trip, so our one carry on and larger personal item each works great. Sorry for the confusion!

Personally if I were to choose between either Super Shuttle, or the Disneyland express I would choose Super Shuttle. The Disneyland Express its a big tour bus, and can be pretty full, and you have to stop at everyones hotel. It takes forever when you just want to get to your hotel. I find that the Disneyland Express stops at the resort hotels first. This has always been my experiences, but I could be wrong. Still I hate the wait. Super Shuttle however is a small van, and only sits about 8. Unless you have a big party, you will most likely have to share the shuttle with other people. Those folks are usually going to the Disneyland resort area as well or on the way there so its not an out of the way drive. This is a much faster option because you usually share the shuttle with another family, so you might only have 1 or 2 stops before yours, unlike the Disneyland express where you will have more stops.

If you are willing to pay it, I am going to recommend a taxi. The SNA taxis give you a flat rate of $40 one way from the SNA airport to your hotel, and that includes tip. Then you are garunteed to go straight to your hotel with no stops.

SS can be delayed at the airport while waiting to try to fill the shuttle.

The bus can be delayed b/c they almost always stop at DLH first, to collect money and vouchers, and THEN they move on to the other hotels.

If you're landing in a timeframe where the bus is only picking up once an hour, and you might not get the one shortly after you get off the plane, I'd take SS. Just be prepared to sit there for a bit, if you didn't fill the last spots on the shuttle waiting. :)

If you decide to take SS, use this code:
UYR59.
Book each person separately, and you'll get $6.00 off R/T!
Just did it today, we paid $14.00 R/T, per person.
:thumbsup2

With DLRE it depends on where you are staying. If you're staying at the DLH, you're the first stop and the trip is FAST! We took it on our last trip and were really happy. During most of the day (either 9-3 or 10-3) it runs every half hour. Other times on the hour. We were very happy. There is a $5 off coupon on the orange county tourism site as well.

If you take the DL Express, do you get off at the DL hotel stop if you are staying at Paradise Pier?

If you take the DL Express, do you get off at the DL hotel stop if you are staying at Paradise Pier?

I *think* that they stop at every hotel that is requested. That being said, if you don't have too much stuff I would get off at DLH and walk the 3 minutes to PPH because you'd probably save a bunch of time!

This is info I need too. We went to DL in 2005 & I can't remember what we took. I do remember being in a van w/1 other family, so it must have been the super shuttle. Thanks for the disc code!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter