Which side for left to right transfers on DCL?

Kim84

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster!

Having been to Disney countless times, we're now about to take the next step and go on a Disney cruise! :woohoo:

OH uses an electric wheelchair at all times and needs assistance in transferring to/from toilet and bed etc.

One thing we're struggling to understand is, while we know the rooms will be mirror images of one another in regards to portside/starboard which side would be best for transferring to the toilet, if transferring from the left to the toilet on the right?

Currently we are trying to decide between rooms 6147 or 6647 on the Magic and don't want to make the wrong choice.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated on these rooms in particular.

Thanks!
Kim

When are you travelling? I
will be in 6147 Sept 22, 2012. If it isn't until after that, I can let you know.

Call DCL and ask to speak with Special Services- they have all the info on measurements and placement of the toilet and grab bars for all the accessible staterooms. I've not been in those staterooms or I could tell you myself but one nice feature of the deck 6 accessible staterooms is the touchplate to open/close the door- wonderful!---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter