• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which side?

Which side of the ship do you prefer and why?
For Bahamian cruises, we prefer starboard, because on most sailings that has the most expansive view of Castaway Cay, the view of Atlantis at Nassau, and the Pirate Night fireworks are often visible on that side. It's not a huge issue, though. We've sailed the Bahamas port side and enjoyed it. My son particularly enjoyed watching the dock workers tie the ship to the dock on Castaway Cay morning the year we sailed there port side.

For our Alaskan cruise, which side didn't matter, as there were no fireworks, and you sail up and down pretty much the same route, so you'll get get similar voyage views throughout the cruise no matter which side you're on- you'll just get them at different times. On glacier day, the captain rotates the ship so that both sides have a long view of the glacier.

Whichever one has an available room. Not trying to be snippy, but any room onboard is good for us. Well, except inside rooms. I prefer at least an oceanview.

Same here! I almost always end up Port side because I book only GTY rooms. Only once did I get a "starboard" room. It was an oceanview that looks out the front of the ship. Usually it makes for some great sunset views on the Port side rooms.

I actually prefer port side at CC as I really enjoy watching all of the dock activity. But, what I really like, if on the Dream or Fantasy, are the aft balcony cabins. You get all the views!

Starboard (right) side for any cruise in the Caribbean that stops at Castaway Cay. Just to get a great view of the island. Port (left) side for cruises out of Barcelona (Mediterranean Cruise). Although, the boats can port either side depending on sea conditions and the port master. Just our opinion but we have never been disappointed.

We prefer port side at Castaway Cay so we watch all of the activity on the dock and wave to the CMs as we leave. I feel the view of CC from the starboard side is overrated.

Honestly, I love not sitting in the sun and letting the room bake all day in the rooms on the starboard side. It keeps things nice and cool in the rooms on the port side. I love watching the docking process too!

Our first 3 cruises (all on the Magic) we had port side rooms. Hard habit to break, walking out of room and turning ..... which way to the front?

Complete opposite for us, our two prior cruises on the Magic, first cruise on Wonder were situated on the starboard side and this upcoming cruise on the Magic is port side. Should be interesting lol.

Starboard, for short cruises in the Bahamas... though there's really no guarantee that you'll get the views you're hoping for.

For me what matters most is the room location. I prefer midship (helps with motion sickness, and I don't like the vibrations you get far forward or aft when docking), and not too far from the stairs/elevators. If I have a choice of sides within my preferred location, and it is a caribbean cruise, I do prefer the starboard view of CC. But not enough to sacrifice a good room location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter