Which sit down at Epcot with 4 & 8 year old boys?

heehee611

Mouseketeer
We can't decide between Akershus, Biergarten, or Teppan Edo.

We have a hibachi place at home that the boys love to go to , so we know that would be a hit. They also love character meals, but we already have a lot of character meals booked (1900 Park Faire, H&V, and Tusker House).

We went to Biergarten on our first trip and really enjoyed it, but DH is concerned about sharing a table with others (I don't know why, we did it last time and it was no problem).

Right now my 4 year old wants T Rex but we're thinking of doing one of these instead.

So - one of the above, somewhere else, or T Rex?

My boys loved watching the fish in the Coral Reef. You can request a table by the tank when you check in if you are willing to wait.

At that age my son liked Teppan Edo the best. But since we have one at home we try to do something different at Disney. Via Napoli is his new favorite.

Our boys loved Biergarten (5&2)!!!!!! They loved the band and ability to "break it down" on the dance floor and enjoyed the food as well!! The oldest asked to do it next trip as well- total hit!

rMy two sons also love Teppan Edo the best for dinner at Epcot. Then we go to Les Halles Boulongerie for a hand made pastry case at France for dessert.

My boys, 5 and 3 loved Biergarten. It's loud so kids don't bother anyone. The musicians liven things up and they can burn off energy dancing to them on the dance floor. And when no music a playing lots of kids go out there and play while the parents eat. We've book this one for a second time. I was worried about the food. They make food most kids will eat - they have a fancy named Mac-n-cheese my kids loved, etc. it's great for kids, especially boys because it's loud and they can get up and move while you enjoy!

Are your boys into princesses? If not, I would skip Akershus. I also would not do Teppan Edo if you have a place you like at home. To try something new, I would say Biergarten. We love it there. The dance floor is fun for kids. However, depending on where you are going to be that day, I would consider TRex as well as I bet your boys would love it (although it is LOUD and dark).

I like garden grill. You get characters as well as get to see into the land as the restaurant spins.

My kids loved Coral Reef and Garden Grill. Teppan Edo is a lot of fun but you have to realize that its disneyfied hibachi so if you have a hibachi place at home the kids might be disappointed in it. The first time we ate there my older son was disappointed, but the 2nd time we ate there (by choice of my older son) he went in with the expectation that its disneyfied and he enjoyed it more. Biergarten is great I loved the atmosphere of it but it did make my older son uncomfortable to share the table and he also didmt like anything on the buffet. Hes an extremely picky eater. My best options would be Garden Grill or Coral Reef

Garden Grill. Characters, yes...princesses, no.

Biergarten is awesome for kids but with the husband dragging his feet over communal seating, maybe not.

DS4 & DS8 love Garden Grill & we eat there every trip. Food is good & characters are fun... Only thing is we have found that the service is highly variable - from exclent to pathetic...regardless we have eaten there every trip EXCEPT our adults only anniversary trip when we mostly ate @ signature dining a daren't a lot of time at the F&W BOOTHS :faint:

We did Tepan Edo in 2010 & didn't think it was that great considering we could get the same food & experience back home. I liked Biergarten in 2014 but DSs were on the fence about it & DH disliked the food so much he refuses to go back. Akershus was good - DSs lived that our CM gave them Mickey bars for dessert.

Garden Grill has many characters. Also coral reef would be another great meal for your boys because they would be able to see fish, sharks, and turtles while they eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter