• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which strategy would you choose?

Cosmic Ryan

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I will be taking a short solo trip to WDW from 3/2 - 3/5. I am limited on time but am wanting to pack in as much as I can and make sure I hit every park. Flight of Passage and Everest are the only musts for me at Animal Kingdom.

I don’t arrive on 3/2 until early evening but have purchased a ticket to the DHS After Hours event that night which will satisfy visiting DHS for me.

Beyond that, I have 2 day park hopper tickets. My current plan for 3/3 is to hit MK at rope drop, maybe hit the monorail resort loop around afternoon, and head to AK in the evening. Walk around a bit, do Everest, and then get in line for FoP right before park closing (did this a few months back and the wait was only 40 minutes).

3/4 would be Epcot at rope drop and then back to MK for a little bit in the evening.

On 3/5, my departure day, my plane leaves at 3:45pm which means I’d have to be on the Magical Express at 12:45pm so I was just planning on visiting Disney Springs for a bit.

However...

For only 20 dollars more, I can purchase 3 day one park per day tickets and could do MK 3/3, Epcot 3/4, and AK from 9am - 12pm 3/5. With FoP and EE being my only must dos at AK, I feel like I could accomplish both within those three hours. Of course, this would mean needing to get there early and braving the rope drop stampede vs. the more relaxed pace of getting in line before park closing. However, it would also give me more time at MK and Epcot and allow me to see both night time shows (not an absolute must for me but certainly wouldn’t mind it!) just not sure if It would feel too hectic having such little time and it being a departure day.

Which of these two strategies would you choose?

I think both options are do-able. The one thing you need to consider is that is the start of spring break season and crowds will be heavier, so you'd need to get to rope drop early.

I would recommend upgrading to the 3-day 1-park per day tickets. This makes the most sense. Both Epcot and MK each require a full day for the best experience, there is just so much to see at each park that only spending half a day at each would be a loss. Plus, it would be a nice bonus if you get to both nighttime firework shows, keep in mind that this is the last year for Illuminations ;)

I like both, but we like to hop. Being solo, if you hit refresh a bit you should come up with FOP fp. I got everything I wanted last trip - which was pretty busy, and we were a party of 6. Just make it your mission. We changed plans last minute and I used my dining wait time to try for 7DMT and PP. Got 7DMT after a few minutes (for next day). I got 5 of the 6 PP later while waiting for everyone to get off a motion ride Got up the next morning and got the 6th with a time overlap. People always change their minds.

Depending on how well you like Everest, you could ride it multiple times using your evening plan with little to no wait.

My kids like to ride it about 6 times back to back during the last hour or so of operation, but i’m only good for about 2-3 trips.

Just don’t be late getting over to FoP before they shut the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter