which stroller for a DCL and then WDW?

Castle0528

Earning My Ears
We will be going on a Disney cruise for 4 nights and then going to WDW for another 3 nights in late April to May. My daughter will be 19 months old for the trip so we'll definitely need a stroller for naps and just for little breaks.

We have a city mini gt which we love but is it too big? Should I use an umbrella stroller like the macalaren or the uppababy g-lux? I am just concerned with the stroller on the ship...please let me know what your experience has been.
Thanks so much.

Smaller is better for the ship. We've never taken anything larger than an umbrella stroller onboard, although it wouldn't be my first choice for the parks. If one of your lighter strollers would work for the parks, I'd take that. The GT is going to take up a ton of space in your cabin.

We drive, so I have tossed both our larger stroller and an umbrella in the car, but most people don't have that option.

Smaller is better for the ship. We've never taken anything larger than an umbrella stroller onboard, although it wouldn't be my first choice for the parks. If one of your lighter strollers would work for the parks, I'd take that. The GT is going to take up a ton of space in your cabin.

I agree with this. We took an umbrella stroller on our last trip - 7 day cruise plus a day in the parks. I only wish that it reclined more so that LO would have napped in the stroller.

Definitely umbrella stroller. I wouldn't worry about name brands, but that's up to you and your budget.

Definitely umbrella stroller. I wouldn't worry about name brands, but that's up to you and your budget.

Do you have any umbrella strollers you can recommend? I wasn't really looking at the brands more so the canopy and the recline that those two travel strollers have. If you have experience with one you love please let me know!!
Thanks

We bought an uppababy glux for the cruise and it was great. Fit though doors well, stands on it's own so we just tucked it in the front hall closet. We actually like it so much we took the bulky stroller out of our trunk and just use this now. It also has a strap so you can carry it on your back on and off the buses, etc. have fun!

We bought an uppababy glux for the cruise and it was great. Fit though doors well, stands on it's own so we just tucked it in the front hall closet. We actually like it so much we took the bulky stroller out of our trunk and just use this now. It also has a strap so you can carry it on your back on and off the buses, etc. have fun!

I am so glad someone else mentioned what happened to us, too. After using an umbrella stroller exclusively for our first Disney, we were often more likely to grab for it again instead of what now feels like an obscenely large stroller, ie what we used to use, a big jeep number.
I'm hopeful that on your trip, you'll have a good experience feeling confident that you have everything you need within reach...it's a special treat for someone starting this out at Disney - any possible scenario, you'll be able to track down what you might need.
I recommend checking your consignment stores for any incoming new strollers. I spent most of my pre-trip energy on paring down my kiddo' s outgrown clothes and toys to sell off to a great consignment store that held a new stroller for me until I matched the price. That might have just been some awesome luck, though, hard to say :confused3

An important tip for umbrella or other strollering is to make sure tips com format is for the tallest person who will be driving. My poor husband still whines a tin when he has to deal with ours, so i regret not figuring out one of the macguyver solutions offered on other boards re stroller handles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter