Which studio tour to take?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
We are headed to DL/SoCal next week and want to do a studio lot tour.
We are not going to Universal, but I saw that there were WB, Paramount, and other studios that did tours.
Could you tell me which you would recommend for 2 adults, and an 11 and 12 year old please?
We’ve never done anything beyond the old studio backlot tour ride at Hollywood Studios in WDW before and would like to experience cool behind the scenes stuff.

We did WB tour a couple of years ago. There was a lot of Harry Potter props and Batman vehicles. Mock ups of Friends and Big Bang Theory sets. Walk through of a prop warehouse. Also a large outdoor set from Gilmore girls. Several "green screen" scenes where they would take your picture (for a price). Again this was 2020 so not sure what might have changed.

WB Tour is great. We did it in late April and it was worth the money. I would've liked to have done the Classics Tour but the times didn't work well for us. The walk around the square was worth the price of admission as my oldest loves Pretty Little Liars and she recognized a lot of the sets from the show.

I've done them all.Adults will like Paramount, but if you have kids on the trip, I recommend Warner Bros. Outstanding!

So the universal tram tour is included in your universal ticket and WB also has a tour.

Highly recommend both.

And even with the WGA strike, many of the writers understand trips were pre planned and also want people to value the studios history and work so they understand what the strike is about.

So the universal tram tour is included in your universal ticket and WB also has a tour.

Highly recommend both.

And even with the WGA strike, many of the writers understand trips were pre planned and also want people to value the studios history and work so they understand what the strike is about.
I didn’t even think about the WGA strike. Are any of the strikes having any impact on the tours at all?

I've done them all.Adults will like Paramount, but if you have kids on the trip, I recommend Warner Bros. Outstanding!
What all do you see on the Paramount tour? I couldn't get a real sense of what it offered from their site. Thanks.

What all do you see on the Paramount tour? I couldn't get a real sense of what it offered from their site. Thanks.
Same. It says it’s 2 hours, but even on YouTube I couldn’t see anything comprehensive.

We saw the streets where filming occurs and went in one sound stage. It was more informative than looking at sets. We did see the Forrest Gump park and bench. THe end of the tour has a great warehouse of props. The golf cart seats 6.

I didn’t even think about the WGA strike. Are any of the strikes having any impact on the tours at all?
Not really other than traffic.

My friend is in the writers room on greys anatomy so she mainly only sees the ABC lot but I saw on my Instagram FYP a writer basically say the writers understand trips were booked far in advance and that they want people to a)see the history and b) see all that was made on the tours and understand the gravitas on the situation. He also said they don’t expect anyone to go out of their way in a trip to give them food and water, but he saw a few tourists do so and was ever so appreciative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter