Which tower at DLH?

mastodon

Mouseketeer
Opinions on towers at DLH? We booked premium room. Changed from DTD view to pool view.

My preference is Frontier tower if I can get a room with the balcony. Premium room you stand a good chance. It is also the closest tower if you are coming back from DCA thru the Grand. But the 50 extra steps either way don't really matter. Otherwise, all 3 towers are great. I will be in Frontier this weekend I believe.

The only one I've stayed at is the Frontier Tower. I've seen many people advise against that tower because it's the farthest from the parks, and if walking distance is the absolute most important thing to you then that's a valid point. But honestly, I really liked that tower. The difference in walking distance is negligible (it's just a matter of walking past the pool). The tower was so quiet. This was a busy event weekend and the hotel was fully booked, and yet there were many times when it felt like we were the only ones in the hotel. There's very little foot traffic nearby and the elevators and lobby were often empty. Some people also say they prefer the Fantasy tower because they like having a full lobby attached (that's the tower that has the front desk, check-in, valet, gift shop, etc.). But again, this is a matter of personal preference, because I found that having a calm and quiet lobby was really nice after a hectic park day and made returning to the room a more relaxing transition.

I liked both Frontier and Fantasy for the reasons mentioned above. Frontier is nice because it's quiet. Fantasy is nice because it's got the lobby and the big gift shop, and Goofy hangs out there sometimes. Frontier is also nice if you want to be close to the monorail slide pool.

Do recommendations change for someone with a standard room?

If I was getting a standard room with no view, I'd probably try for the Adventure Tower. One side faces the pool and the other side faces DTD, unlike Frontier and Fantasy, both of which have parking lots on one side. Not sure how many standard rooms they have there, though, due to the views. They might count the lower floors as standard since the views might be blocked by trees and/or buildings.

Do recommendations change for someone with a standard room?

We had a standard view in Adventure and loved it. We were on the 5th floor and could see DTD and a little of both DL and DCA. Perhaps the only downside is you can here the live music if being played right outside ESPN zone. They stopped right at 10:00 (maybe it was 9) each night.

We were so gassed from the parks each day I think I was the only one who noticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter