Which TS restaurants have you scratched off your list and why?

edk35

DIS Veteran
We tend to revisit restaurants a few trips later that we have scratched off our lists.....to see if there have been any changes. We almost always try a place that was just SO SO another time as well. My scratch off is Mama Melrose for now. It just has not been that great the last couple of times. We haven't tried Chef Mickeys or Crystal Palace in a few years actually. Mainly because they are so chaotic to me. Another is ESPN.....don't even get me started on that place. We used to like it years ago. It is forever checked off my list. LOL We have always LOVED Liberty Tree and yet they have changed their menu and removed a few things. Anyway.....just curious. I have been making ADR's for our June trip and sometimes it is just a struggle for me. Our go to places are: Tusker House, Via Napoli, Liberty Tree, Plaza, Prime Time, Garden Grill. TIA

I feel like we've scratched off a lot of restaurants....

Mama Melrose - bad service
Garden Grill - rushed, didn't love the food
Ohana - bad service, now we just get the bread pudding from Tambu Lounge
T-Rex - too loud
Boma - normally love the dinner, but it was just okay last time, so we'll take a break
Tusker House - chaotic
CRT - really rushed service, food
Akershus - food, but may try again
50's Primetime - food didn't appeal to us
1900 Park Fare - poor character interaction/didn't love the food/felt really crowded
Chef Mickeys - food/character interaction fine, we just need a break
Le Cellier - slow service, steak okay but nothing special
Spirit of Aloha - fun and glad we did it, but once and done, good food though

I feel like we've scratched off a lot of restaurants....

Mama Melrose - bad service
Garden Grill - rushed, didn't love the food
Ohana - bad service, now we just get the bread pudding from Tambu Lounge
T-Rex - too loud
Boma - normally love the dinner, but it was just okay last time, so we'll take a break
Tusker House - chaotic
CRT - really rushed service, food
Akershus - food, but may try again
50's Primetime - food didn't appeal to us
1900 Park Fare - poor character interaction/didn't love the food/felt really crowded
Chef Mickeys - food/character interaction fine, we just need a break
Le Cellier - slow service, steak okay but nothing special
Spirit of Aloha - fun and glad we did it, but once and done, good food though
We go to Tusker House late like 10:45 and each time it seems that less people are there then

We go to Tusker House late like 10:45 and each time it seems that less people are there then

We go the beginning of lunch, so pretty near the time you go. I've been three times and it always feels a bit understaffed. Plates are piling up and servers don't come around often enough to clear them or refill your drinks. I don't know.

Tutto Italia: went once at lunch (walk up, no one in the place but us and another table), and the service was half-hearted while the food was just ok. It wasn't horrible, but it was so 'meh' that I have no desire to ever go back.

Garden Grill: I was so excited for our breakfast here, but the food wasn't great at all. The eggs were dry (both the first serving and our second helping), the meat was kind of odd tasting, and the tater tots were tater tots like I could heat up at home (and not too warm when they got to us). The only thing I really enjoyed during breakfast was the pull apart sweet rolls. However, I could do ok food if character interaction was good, but the characters were really low key...added to a seating arrangement that made it *really really really* difficult for the people in our party to get out from our booth to actually take pictures with the characters. Not a fan of it all, and left just really disappointed. I don't know if we'll be back, even for dinner.

Tusker House: I found the food just ok (dinner) and thought the place a bit big and chaotic. I might go back at some point, but I was underwhelmed.

Coral Reef: Like Tusker House, I was underwhelmed. The food was ok, and unless you're seated right next to the aquarium, the atmosphere is very meh to me. I might go back, but there are many other places higher on my list.

The take out pizza place on the Boardwalk is just not good...even my kids said it was bad pizza. When we stayed there last December, I walked over to the Fountain at the Swolfin rather than eat there as some in my party did. Sadly, our meal at the Fountain was almost just as bad, topped with really indifferent service. There are other places in that area that I love, so I'm not put off of eating in the general vicinity. I just won't get pizza or go to the Fountain again.

The only one I've scratched off is Rainforest Cafe. It's nothing terrible, it's just the least Disney-fied restaurant in the four major parks. The food was the least inspired, and the least imaginative, of all the food I've tried.

Tutto Italia: went once at lunch (walk up, no one in the place but us and another table), and the service was half-hearted while the food was just ok. It wasn't horrible, but it was so 'meh' that I have no desire to ever go back.

Garden Grill: I was so excited for our breakfast here, but the food wasn't great at all. The eggs were dry (both the first serving and our second helping), the meat was kind of odd tasting, and the tater tots were tater tots like I could heat up at home (and not too warm when they got to us). The only thing I really enjoyed during breakfast was the pull apart sweet rolls. However, I could do ok food if character interaction was good, but the characters were really low key...added to a seating arrangement that made it *really really really* difficult for the people in our party to get out from our booth to actually take pictures with the characters. Not a fan of it all, and left just really disappointed. I don't know if we'll be back, even for dinner.

Tusker House: I found the food just ok (dinner) and thought the place a bit big and chaotic. I might go back at some point, but I was underwhelmed.

Coral Reef: Like Tusker House, I was underwhelmed. The food was ok, and unless you're seated right next to the aquarium, the atmosphere is very meh to me. I might go back, but there are many other places higher on my list.

The take out pizza place on the Boardwalk is just not good...even my kids said it was bad pizza. When we stayed there last December, I walked over to the Fountain at the Swolfin rather than eat there as some in my party did. Sadly, our meal at the Fountain was almost just as bad, topped with really indifferent service. There are other places in that area that I love, so I'm not put off of eating in the general vicinity. I just won't get pizza or go to the Fountain again.

We have never eaten at Garden Grill for breakfast. We have had hit or miss there for lunch over the years. Then.... Nov. 2015 we tried it again and it was so good. So I might try it this trip and hate it. LOL

Hollywood&Vine. The lobster mac&cheese was tasty, but the character interactions were horrible. I'll wait a few visits before I try it again.

We're going to take a break from California Grill and Jiko for a while. I'm sure we'll be back to both at some point, but we seem to be enjoying the more simple, but good food lately. Jiko has always been our favorite restaurant on property, but we were in that side room last time and it was possibly the worst service we've ever had at a Disney restaurant. Honestly, it felt like we were practice customers for the waiter they were embarrassed to put on the real floor. My husband's birthday meal, too - such a disappointment.
Loving Beaches & Cream and Skipper Canteen.
We're going to go back to Boma, The Wave, and Ohana on our next trip. Haven't been to those in several years. And a couple new places - Tokyo Dining and Raglan Road. You just never know when you'll find a new favorite, right? And aren't we lucky that there are so many choices! Never need to be bored.

We have eaten at 75% of the restaurants. Not many we won't try again

Coral Reef is off our list for good. Never again. Just bad
H&V, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's unless another grandchild comes along. Food was just awful, nothing to draw us back in without another little one
I don't foresee me returning to Tepan Edo ever again because we have better here at home
Rainforest Cafe/T-Rex (same to me, with different scenery) No reason to eat there at Disney when we have RFC nearby

Biergarten. The setting and entertainment are fun and service is generally friendly, and we have sat with fun people, but now we have done it a few times. However the food we just don't find to be particularly good, and now without any more cheese soup the family is ready to throw in the towel on this one

I don't really care for buffets, dinner shows, aycte, anything involving skillets or "antics," so those are out for me unless their is another party member with an overriding desire. Over the years, I've pretty much figured out which friends/family are a good travel fit and which are not. Also, O'Hana because of the parades or whatever it is they do. Being able to have a conversation during a meal is important to me. Some people LOVE buffets, etc., but they are so noisy, etc., I'm just not up for that on vacation.

I don't really care for buffets, dinner shows, aycte, anything involving skillets or "antics," so those are out for me unless their is another party member with an overriding desire. Over the years, I've pretty much figured out which friends/family are a good travel fit and which are not. Also, O'Hana because of the parades or whatever it is they do. Being able to have a conversation during a meal is important to me. Some people LOVE buffets, etc., but they are so noisy, etc., I'm just not up for that on vacation.
This made me lol but I do truly get it!! My husband is not fond of these places either.

Taking a break from Narcooses. And I second everyone's opinion on coral reef. It was terrible. I hear it's getting redone. It should be a way better restaurant. New favorite is Tiffins.

We have only been to Disney a few times as adults but I would have to say we have 2 we wouldn't return to. TRex and Tusker House. DD6 wasn't impressed. TRex is so crowded and loud. Tusker House just isn't for us. Too chaotic with food that just isn't our cup of tea.

Be Our Guest, surprisingly. We had a terrible service experience when we went for dinner, and the food was just okay. So while it was amazing getting to see it, I don't feel the draw to return. We may give it a shot as a QS in the future for breakfast or lunch though.

San Angel inn. We LOVE La Hacienda, but my husband wanted to try eating "in the pyramid", so we gave it a shot...didn't enjoy it.

And another for Rainforest Cafe. I'm not a huge fan of restaurants like this in general, but my kids are. We've found we prefer the menu at T-Rex, and the kids seem to enjoy the dinosaurs more, so no more Rainforest. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter