Which TV shows were banned in your household growing up?

I remember specifically being forbidden to watch Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In, Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts and Love American Style. My parents considered them too risqué for children under 13.

I couldn’t watch the Nickelodeon tv show “You can’t do that on Television” b/c my parents & grandparents thought it was “too crude”. There were plenty others, but that’s one I really wanted to watch at the time.

Nothing. Faves when I was little were Roseanne and Night Court. She took me to all the Coen Bros stuff when it came out and even the Big Lebowski.

I can't remember anything being censored growing up.

I on the other hand wouldn't let my kids watch Looney Tones (violence), Rugrats (aka Rugbrats) and I am sure many others.

I don’t recall any shows being banned. There were even lots of times I was the only one watching the tv. Of course we only had six stations, and shows were not pushing the boundaries way back then.

Nothing. But with just 4 channels (ABC, CBS, NBC and what is now PBS) there weren't many choices. I grew up with I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, My Mother the Car, the Munsters and the Addams family. Pretty tame stuff. I was even allowed to watch the news, and in those days they would show dead bodies on the news. Something we are no longer allowed to do.

We had a huge dish in our backyard, that received a couple hundred channels (or so it seemed to my teen brain)

The Playboy channel was certainly banned.....until parents went out for the evening....
Then the neighborhood friends all came over to watch the Playboy channel :rotfl2:
We were so immature, we had no clue half of what we were seeing, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter