which value resort?

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
I'm going to Disney in late October/early November. I stayed at All Star Music in the past, and while I loved the ground of the resort I really disliked the bed. My understanding is that all of the All Stars have the same beds. I also understand that there is an ongoing refurb in which includes new beds for Movies, then Music, then Sports.

Does anyone know where I can find information on when the refurb at each resort will be finished?

Pop Century is the only value resort that has been fully refurbed and all have queen beds.

All Star Movies is undergoing the same refurb but it is only about 80% complete by this point I believe. There is no completion due date as the refurb is actually months behind schedule. (Was supposed to be finished last year with Music starting this year but went on hiatus halfway through for some reason).

I really enjoyed my stay at the Pop Century last month. The rooms were very nicely refurbished, and although not as spacious as a moderate resort, extremely comfortable with a fresh design.

I would say that the Pop Century has the best atmosphere of all the value resorts, including the common areas and layout. The environment in front of Hourglass Lake is excellent, even if you don't have a water view, and I thought the bus service was superior to the All-Stars.

If you go on Disney's website and type in the dates and look at the rates for that hotel, on the room selection screen it states at top in red near picture, " this resort is experiencing refurbishments from ... to..." Just saw this yesterday on Music's site

Pop Century really isn't a value resort anymore. The addition of the Skyliner makes the rooms $50+ more per night. The All Stars are the only true value hotels Disney has anymore.

We stayed at Pop five years ago and really liked the sculptures outside, the landscaping and the proximity to the lake. The bus service was good, too. The lobby/gift shop area was nice.

Pop Century really isn't a value resort anymore. The addition of the Skyliner makes the rooms $50+ more per night. The All Stars are the only true value hotels Disney has anymore.
POP rooms are still less than any moderate. Within any category you will have price differences. Not all moderates are the same price, nor are all deluxe resorts the same price. Why should all of the values be the same price?

POP is our 1st choice (we love the resort). But if All Stars is more in the budget. Movies does have some refurbished rooms. You could put in a room request for a refurbished room (no guarantee). We were able to get our room request for a refurbished room at POP last year before they were complete. We faxed in the request 1 week prior to our stay.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Pop Century last month. The rooms were very nicely refurbished, and although not as spacious as a moderate resort, extremely comfortable with a fresh design.

I would say that the Pop Century has the best atmosphere of all the value resorts, including the common areas and layout. The environment in front of Hourglass Lake is excellent, even if you don't have a water view, and I thought the bus service was superior to the All-Stars.
I agree with this. Pop is one of my faves. I love the layout of the food court/gift shop combo. I love lakeview at pop. Its so serene. It truly is beautiful. And the rooms itself are very modern, clean, and comfortable. I had no issues with the mattresses. If you dont need the 2nd bed, you can leave it up. It'll give you a ton of space to work with.

I will say that AS Movies reno's are quite nice as well. They're very similar to the Pop rooms. I like Movies as well. Great theme. Only draw back is that when they share buses with the other all stars, movies is the last pickup and drop off. When its the last pick up it can be annoying as the bus would come to your resort full at times. I stayed here in the fall. It has happened a few times.

You may have been in a room that had an older bed. The beds were completely replaced in the Music Resort a little while ago. I had a bad bed experience around 2011 but I have not had that bad experience since-and we stay at Music every year. I love Music, as we do stay there every year since 2009, because of the staff and the fact is has less rooms than the other values. That translates into more room at the dining hall, gift shop, pool , buses, excetera. I also love the staff there. We are there every year so we have become good friends with many of the staff who have also been at that resort for these many years. Every year we get hugs and welcomes when we show up. It makes for a more pleasant vacation stay.

I also vote for Pop. Not only do I like the rooms and the grounds, the beds are great, very comfy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter