• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which villa has the best pool for 5-8 year olds?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about renting points for a 1BR villa. Last year, we stayed in a 2BR at SSR when we were a bigger group (5 adults 2 kids) - just paid, didn't rent since we are not DVC owners. This time it will just be the 4 of us (me, DH, DS8, and DS5). I would like a 1BR because it gives us more room, and I like having the kitchen for breakfasts and the washer/dryer. We really liked SSR - my boys LOVED the splash pool. However, the buses there sucked! Seemed like we spent a long time waiting for buses and they were packed! Since we are planning on going the last week of March next year to coincide with my Spring Break (I am a teacher), it is going to be busy then. My kids would like to go back to SSR, but I am wondering if any of the other villa have a great pool and a better bus system. I was thinking about OKW, but that resort looks even more spread out than SSR and I imagine the bus situation would be about the same as SSR. Which villa would you say has a good splash area / pool and good buses? Thanks!

Our family like Kidani at AKL and Beach Club Villas. Both have great play areas for kids.:thumbsup2

Your kids would probably really like the pool area at Kidani. It has a really cool splash area for the kids, and the slide is awesome. The 1BR's at Kidani also have a second full bathroom, which is nice with a family.

The bus system at AKV is generally very good. The park buses all stop at Kidani first, and are generally empty. They then make a stop at Jambo and then off to the parks. From entering the bus at Kidani to arriving at MK is about 25-30 minutes, sometimes less. The other parks are all closer. The buses to DTD stop at Jambo first, then Kidani. You can use the buses to get between Kidani and Jambo, or there is an intra-resort shuttle.

Kidani does not have a quick service restaurant. The AKL quick service is the Mara, which is near the pool at Jambo. Again, it is fairly easy to get between the two buildings.

ABSOLUTELY love Stormalong Bay at BCV!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Also, nice being able to walk around the Boardwalk area! We've rented bikes and biked around the boardwalk too! Fun!:thumbsup2

Stayed at Animal Kingdom Kidani and love the pools there too! Think your children would love Kidani as well! :cheer2:

Good Luck and Enjoy!:thumbsup2

DGS(2) would stay all day at the splash pads of AKL or SSR and not eat if we did not make him. These two resorts have the largest and most interactive splash pads. The one at BLT is large but there is not that much for the kids to do but run around.

Hmm, does location to the parks matter at all? In other words is waiting and taking a bus both ways every single time you go to a park and back (and for swim breaks) a big deal to you? We hate it and split stays with BLT and BCV just to reduce bus time.

But if you don't care, AKV has a nice swim area, VWL is very nice but not as big (but does have a boat to MK for at least a change of pace). OKW 1BR is huge and nice enough pool-but similar to SSR for bus issues as you say.

By far I would recommend BCV to walk over to EPCOT or walk or boat to DHS. But those ages for SAB may depend how you watch them. I always swam with the kids so it didn't matter. Some folks like to fall asleep or sit in a chair and send the kids off-SAB you will not be able to keep an eye on them if your OK with that or not.

Otherwise BWV would be 2nd for us, walk to EPCOT and DHS, very nice pool and you can keep an eye on them from a chair.

BLT would be 3rd-big enough pool, slide and play area IMO and walk over to MK with ease.

VGF would be 4th, but maybe grab a studio since they have extra shower, 1BR would be great but spendy, what a great resort that is, and monorail to MK/EPCOT, sadly no walking yet.

Calculate what your time is worth as well, and how/where you tour.

If you have an ADR at France in EPCOT after swimming for example, you can leave your room at BCV 10 or 15 minutes before you want to arrive there, or to open or for a FP+, SSR/OKW/AKV-all would be what an hour before?

After Illuminations you can be in your room at BCV before you could even walk to the bus stops. After Wishes your BLT room is not much further than the bus stops etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter