Which Virgin Mobile phone do you have and do you like it???

dfchelbay

DIS Veteran
DS wants a new smart phone phone for his birthday. So, we're looking into the phones available at Virgin Mobile. They have six phones available for sale and I would like any recommendations you may have for or against certain phones. He wants a phone that will do everything...talk, text, internet. Since all these phones are capable, I'd like to know real hands on information from actual users, the good, the bad and the ugly. Any information, pro or con would be appreciated. Thanks.

These are the phones we're considering:

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp

DH has the OPTIMUS V and loves it! We will probably have DS upgrade to it as soon as the price goes down a bit.

DD18 has the Optimus and loves it! It does freeze once in awhile, but that is actually very common with the android phones.

I have the Rumor2 and hate it, LOL. Worst phone I've ever owned. I thought it would be sufficient for me, but it is awful. The slider gets stuck all the time, the screen won't display graphics even though you can access the internet, and right off the bat I had issues with my keyboard (keys sticking). I will be switching over to the Optimus shortly and giving my DD12 this one for now.

I have heard WONDERFUL things on the Optimus V...I plan to switch to it as soon as I can afford the phone out of pocket..

I don't know much about the other phones, but my daughter has the Rumor Touch and it's been a good phone for her. . .no problems that I know of. . .and I'm sure she would tell me if there was. :laughing: I have a cheapo Samsung, but am eying the Optimus for my next phone.

DH and I both have the Optimus V. Love it! Mine sticks more than his, but all in all it's a great phone. I love how easy it is to use. :)

My dd22 & I both have the Rumor Touch and my ds20 has the Rumor2. None of us have had problems with any of them.

I have the Rumor2. Works great for talk and text, but it doesn't do internet well - it's just a pain in the you-know-what to navigate to things and the screen is just too small once you get to a website for things to make sense. I don't use it for internet except in extreme situations (think twice in 2 years), so it's a great phone for me, but if that is something that is key for you then I wouldn't get that phone.

My husband and I both have the Optimus V....LOVE this phone!!!!:love::love:

DH has the OPTIMUS V and loves it! We will probably have DS upgrade to it as soon as the price goes down a bit.

We have 2 of these. Love these phones!

Radio Shack had them for $149 with a 10$ store credit of some sort and they applied it to both phones so $139 plus tax. We also ported our numbers with no problem.

I have the LG Rumor Touch and I love it. I have a cell phone mainly for emergencies, but it is nice to be able to go online whenever/where ever I need to.

Target has top-up cards for Virgin Mobile. With the 5th top up, you get an additional $10 airtime. I have mine automatically top up from my credit card, so I don't need to keep track of when to top up. The phone I have needs $25 a month.

Swtiched to Virgin a month ago....love it! I have the Optimus V and its been great, no issues what-so-ever.

I just switched to virgin mobile from verizon...love it!!! can't beat $27 a month!!! I was paying over $100 with verizon!!!! and had been with them since 2000....I have the rumor touch and love it may be upgrading to the optimus soon

Does anyone know if the Rumor touch will operate on wifi? I have a friend with that phone and she said we could play with it, but she uses it for back up only and she hasn't paid the bill for it in a couple months, so it's not operating on VM right now. Can I still play with it using my home internet (wifi) just to see how the online part of the Rumor Touch works. If it's easy to follow and navigate around.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter