• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Water Park?

mainegurl

Earning My Ears
Hey all!

We will be at the world from 8/5 - 8/12 and have a one day ticket to visit one of the Water Parks.
This isn't something we've done before but something DH has always wanted to do.

We have 3 teenagers so the more thrills the better.

Which water park do you recommend?

Thanks!!

Blizzard Beach is our favorite but, now that typhoon lagoon has the family raft ride it could be a toss up. We have always had just taken the first water park bus.

Kae

I've only done Blizzard Beach and I am basically a teenager in an adult's body when it comes to thrills. I personally love Blizzard Beach. Lots of good slides.

We've been to both of them many, many times. Big fans. Frankly, they're both fantastic and have similarities, so you won't go wrong either way. If I was forced to pick one for thrills sake, I guess it would be Typhoon Lagoon, but by a margin of 51%/49%, because I don't want to slight BB. BB has plenty of thrilling things to do. Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher are awesome. But TL has Humunga Kowabunga and also has Crush Gusher, which is a very unique group of slides (jets of water propel you forward at times). Then of course, the grand daddy of all wave pools is at TL. It's amazingly awesome! I've never seen another wave pool with waves this big and powerful. If you're going to go into the deep end, be sure the teens are really strong swimmers. But if you are a strong swimmer, it's so much fun. Even if you aren't a strong swimmer, stay in the shallow and you can still enjoy it. The bottom of the wave pool has a very rough surface. Try not to fall down and get dragged by a wave. I've had skinned knees and elbows more than once.

Both places have plenty of chairs in the shade, you'll have no trouble finding a spot. No need to show up 45 minutes before park open. Just show up 5 minutes early and you're golden. The first hour you can ride the slides over and over with no wait. Head for the big slides, because the lines get super long later in the day, and there is no FP+.

The pavement can get pretty hot. Some people wear water shoes of some type. I personally despise water shoes and would never do anything but go barefoot. But just be aware the pavement can get hot. They do a good job of wetting it down, but there will still be some hot spots.

Our favorite is TL because my two teens can stay in the wave pool all day....
I agree with the PP about making sure they are strong swimmers if they are going in the deeper area. Both of my kids are strong swimmers and I am still nervous!! And we all come out of there bloodied and beaten, but it's SO FUN!

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. My kids (11 and 18) prefer BB slightly over TL. I like the idea someone suggested of just getting on the first water park bus that comes

We enjoy both, but lately we've been going in Nov and TL was always closed for refurbishment so we did BB. (We usually managed 1 day- usually the hotest- at the water park when my DD was younger.)

Love both but I could stay in TL's wave pool all day long! The crushin gusher is a decent thrill with 3 different tracks, plus the new raft ride should be fun.

Thanks for the replies! We're leaning toward TL because of the wave pool but will probably play it by ear when we get there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter