Which waterpark to take our kids to?

cachacopr

Earning My Ears
Hello all! We will be going next week to Orlando and wondered which would be a better waterpark to take them to: wet 'n wild or Aquatica? (our kids are 5 & 7 yrs old). Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!

We have only done BB and TL but we are looking forward to trying Aquatica for my 6 and 8 year olds. Have fun!

- Aquatic is newer ... better shape....nice location

- WnW is kind of stuck in the middle of a busy area. looks a bit older, cuz it is....

- It is not unusual for Aquatica to reach capacity and the gates to close by mid morning. If you go, go early to be sure you get in. Right now anyone with advanced purchase tickets can get in 1 hour before regular posted opening time. Or wait, they tend to open again around 4pm....if you enter then and stay 'til closing you've had a long day. and the crowd seems to really thin in the evening.

- Have not heard of WnW filling lately.

- WnW rides are, in my opinion a bit more .... AQ is a bit more on the tame side. What's right for your kids?

Thanks all for the info. This will be my kids' first trip to a waterpark, so I hope they really enjoy, in trying to wooo them, I'm inclined to take them over to Aquatica, and see their reaction. I also would like to visit USF, IOA and maybe some Disney Parks, but time and money is of essence, so we are studying prices and offers to see how to get more bang for the buck... (and also where my kids will get to ride the most without height or age restrictions...you know, kiddie rides availability). Thanks!

Last year I took my 3 kids to Disney (aged 2.5, 3.5, and 5) and they could ride everything. If you are looking for a theme park they can ride stuff Disney has tons. I am going to Universal in a 3 weeks so I am not sure yet about that.

FYI - Universal has a offer right now that if you by the 89.99 tickets (7 day) you can get free wet and wild tickets. We just purchased them and are staying 7 nights at the royal pacific resort.

Have fun:cool1:

Hello all! We will be going next week to Orlando and wondered which would be a better waterpark to take them to: wet 'n wild or Aquatica? (our kids are 5 & 7 yrs old). Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!

My children are 5 and 8 and they love Aquatica. I have not been to WnW but as posted, it's in the middle of a busy area and just doesn't look all that themed. AQ has alot of "whimsy" for lack of a better word. Lots of bright colors and such. We like it alot.

Let me add that compared to TL and BB, AQ isn't all that themed either...but I'd say it beats WnW. :)

Wel, I should now by next weekend, either one looks good, so it will most likely be a gametime decision... Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter