• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which weekend to go to Sesame Place???

SoThisIsLove

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I'm looking for opinions on when to take my DD1 to Sesame Place....we've been once in June (during the heatwave) and it was too hot.....a little over 100 degrees in the park. We bought an annunal pass and would like to go back when its cooler.....
I know the park is mostly water rides but she LOVED the character stuff and dining with them so we thought that we'd skip the water and just do the dry stuff for the day...may sound crazy but the older kids were a little rough when we were there last and we were afraid she'd get hurt.
We were thinking of going back the last weekend in Sept but its bring a friend for free weekend if you have an annunal pass. We were also thinking of the weekend of Oct 18th or Oct 25 (which is the Halloween Costume Contest and the last day it's open for the season).
Does anyone know what the crowds are like during any of these times? Also, has anyone gone during halloween? Is it nice?
Any opinions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi! :wave2: My family has gone to Sesame Place in the Fall and thought it was great. (We're big fans of doing parks during the off-season -- although it's sometimes nice to be able to fit in the water rides.)

I'm not certain about crowd levels during "Bring a Friend" Free Day in September. (Our family actually was returning home from a trip to Disney World that weekend last year. :teeth: ) We did, however, visit Sesame Place during the same promotion in May 2007, and the crowds were not that bad -- probably in part because it was overcast and drizzly outside. (I believe that Sesame Place offers its "Bring a Friend" Days during historically slow times to help fill the Park, if that helps...)

In the weeks leading up to Halloween, Sesame Place has trick-or-treat stations -- sort of a scavenger hunt with clues. Some folks even wear costumes. There's also a special Halloween-themed show (Count's Halloween Spooktacular) and decorations. One of the splash areas (Count's Fount) is drained and transformed into Count's Castle maze, and there are hay-less hayrides in the parking lot. (Last year, we got some cute photos of DS(now 2) and DD(now 5) sitting next to Grover during the ride, since a character often accompanies riders.)

One new park "perk" to catch whenever you next visit: Sesame Place has introduced a new dry attraction. It's the Sunny Day Carousel, located where the giant Big Bird head structure used to sit.

'Hope this helps! Whenever you decide to go, have fun!! :)

Here are a few photos of the DISgeeks kids during the 2007 Halloween festivities:

168222Hayless_Hayride_-_Tractor_Driver-med.JPG
The DISgeeks kids pose with a Hay-less Hayride helper, who dispensed Sesame Street-themed stickers.

168222Hayless_Hayride_-_Grover1-med.JPG
168222Hayless_Hayride_-_Grover2-med.JPG

A Moment with Grover on the Hay-less Hayride

168222Halloween_Elmo_Bert_Ernie_Blow-up-med.JPG
168222Sesame_Place_-_More_Halloween_Decorations-med.JPG

Halloween Decorations Near the Trick-or-Treat Stations

168222s_Castle_Maze_-_Scarecrow-med.JPG
168222s_Castle_Maze_-_Skeletons-med.JPG

The Disgeeks kids pause for some photos in the Count's Castle maze -- another trick-or-treat station.

I would try avoiding the park on the weekends in July/August. It does get crazy! I went to the passport's bring a friend day in May and it was mobbed. It probably didn't help that it was supposed to be about 65 degrees and was probably at least 80 degrees. There was hardly anyone in the water and tons of people trying to do everything else! We brought our DD#1 to the parks when she was one during the slower times...during the week in late may and then again in September I believe. It was warmer so she could do the water things and she had a ball. So I wouldn't rule it out if you can get there on the off-peak times for a warmer day!
I'm planning on going for the Halloween events this year! It's our first year w/ the passports!

I went to the passport's bring a friend day in May and it was mobbed. It probably didn't help that it was supposed to be about 65 degrees and was probably at least 80 degrees. There was hardly anyone in the water and tons of people trying to do everything else!

Hmmm... I wonder if we experienced lighter crowds (for the May 2007 "Bring a Friend" Day) because we arrived after noon or because it was threatening to rain.

Regardless, I agree with dolfinjuls: Try to avoid weekends in the middle of Summer. Off-season rules! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter