Which would you choose? BLT vs CCV

OlieRow

Mouseketeer
Planning a girls trip next May and we currently have a 2 bedroom lake view at BLT booked but are considering switching to 2 bedroom at CCV. At the moment, we have 4 people but potentially will have 5 or 6 for some nights. We'll likely do breakfast and some snacks in the room but unlikely to a ton of cooking. We say we want a lower key trip but never seem to have as much down time as we plan for so better pool at CCV is a plus. But a glass of wine on the balcony overlooking Bay Lake wouldn't be so bad! I think the CCV rooms/WL are beautiful but the location of BLT is hard to beat. Is there enough space for us to relax in the living room/kitchen at CCV? Extra bathroom at BLT would be a plus.

As someone who hasn't stayed at either resort, which would you pick?

I own at both and I recommend BLT. While CCV has the better theming, the large room layout at BLT can’t be beat. Same with the walking distance to MK.

We had 3 in a one bedroom at CCV and felt like we were constantly tripping over each other, same 3 in a BLT one bedroom felt larger than our house 😂 the CCV rooms just feel dark and the ceiling felt low. Plus the pass through kitchen creates a roadblock. My son would go from the living room on to the balcony and through the bedroom to get to the bathroom if someone was cooking 😅

Now, for a studio, I would Probably never recommend BLT unless you are traveling along 😬

For me, more than 4 adults I would choose BLT. Either one of the resorts would be great choices, although CCV is probably my favorite DVC resort.

The other benefit of staying at BLT is that you are a <5 walk to the MK bus terminal. From there, it's a nonstop bus trip to practically any destination on Disney property.
Good point, probably a good option going back to BLT as well. You can just get on a MK bus, gives you another option.

Until they build a walking path from The WL to the MK (I'm not saying they are), there really is no comparison between the two. Also, I happen to prefer the look and feel of BLT. CCV rooms feel dark and VERY small to me, especially in the bathroom where the shower door almost scrapes the toilet when it opens...I felt like we had to jump over the toilet just to get in!

And lastly, I agree with the others that TWO full bathrooms are always better than one.

I vote for BLT, with the biggest reason being that it has an extra bathroom. With that many adults, that extra bathroom will be nice.
I also like being on the monorail so if I want to pop over to one of the other monorail resorts for breakfast or something, it's easy to do. Capt Cooks at the Poly is one of my favorite quick serve breakfast spots, so if I could have easier access to that, I would go for that option.

If the pool is REALLY important to your trip though, I would go for CCV.

Happy planning!

We own most of our points at CCV and it's our favorite resort, by far. But for your situation I'd stick with BLT. We stayed there for the first time back in Sept and wow, are those 2 BR's huge! CCV's 2 BR's are perfect for our family of 3 adults, but I think you're going to be pushing it if your group grows to 5 or 6. And as others have said, that 3rd bathroom will be a great plus for a group your size. We moved to CCV at the end of our stay, and it really was kind of shocking how much smaller the living area felt after BLT. If you do decided to move, one thing CCV does have going for it is the second bedroom and bathroom are really good sized - much more so than some other resorts. It's the living area that would give me pause for 5 or 6 people.

The other benefit of staying at BLT is that you are a <5 walk to the MK bus terminal. From there, it's a nonstop bus trip to practically any destination on Disney property.
So true!!! DS wanted to ride the skyliner so we took it from Epcot to RIV, got on the bus to MK and did the walk back home to BLT :)

In addition to what other people have said, I wouldn't necessarily consider CCV pools better. There's a leisure pool at the contemporary that is usually quiet and relaxing. There's also the beach areas at the contemporary that can be a relaxing place to hang out.

We own at CC but end up more times than not at BLT due to location. Food options are so much better on the loop. If it was a studio I would say CC since BLT studios are tight but the 2 bedroom is better setup at BLT. CC wins theming and I do think their pools are better. Contemporary pool is closed January-April 2023 for refurb so BLT pool will likely be busier if your travel is in that time.

Very true. Had a Standard view at BLT and asked at the front desk if they had any rooms that gave us some park view. Ended up with the lake to our right and Space Mountain to our left with castle just in view. Got to watch the final run (for now) of HEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter