Which would you choose for 1 night post-cruise?

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
So, I'm considering adding a 1-night resort stay after our cruise on the Wish July 1-5, since the flight options on our disembarkation day aren't convenient. If you were to do a 1-night stay that will most likely be resort-only (not sure it's worth the cost of 3 one-day tickets right after a cruise?) would you choose:

Yacht or Beach Club, with the perks of Stormalong Bay and being able to walk to Epcot if we decide to spring for 1-day Epcot tix? (My husband and son's favorite park.)

OR Contemporary, with the added perk of being able to monorail-hop and get dinner at 'Ohana (my most favorite restaurant ever; I am desperately craving that meal! 😅) and see MK fireworks from the Poly beach.

The price differences are pretty negligible: Contemporary is the most expensive but just by $30-45, and Yacht Club is only about $14.50 cheaper than Beach. These will all be first-time resorts for me: I've previously stayed Poly, GF, and BWI and loved them all. I am just REALLY torn between my desire for 'Ohana and Happily Ever After fireworks, LOL, and how great Stormalong Bay looks and what a fun experience that could be for our kids (ages 7 and 2).

Would love your thoughts, and TIA!

ETA: I realize we COULD just book Yacht or Beach and then take the TTC monorail to MK and transfer over to Poly. Just not sure if, coming off a cruise, my husband and kids will be down for another trek or prefer to stay put at whichever resort area we're currently in. And Ubers/cabs are an extra hassle with schlepping car seats. But maybe I'm overthinking it and we could have the best of both worlds? Grateful for any advice you might have!

Yacht Club for all the reasons you mentioned, plus it's a great hotel and you have both Yachtsman Steakhouse and Flying Fish (my favorites on property) right there! The Boardwalk is there too if you want some entertainment and if you have a hopper you're also close to MGM.

Personally, SAB with kids that young would be stressful to me. I’d go with CR or go back to the Poly.

Completely agree. If your goal in the MK area is to go to 'Ohana and see the fireworks, I would just stay at Poly and have a relaxing day without any extra travel. The Poly has an awesome pool for little ones. If you really want to go to EP, the EP monorail is a walking path to the TTC away.

If you were to do a 1-night stay that will most likely be resort-only (not sure it's worth the cost of 3 one-day tickets right after a cruise?) would you choose:

ETA: I realize we COULD just book Yacht or Beach and then take the TTC monorail to MK and transfer over to Poly. Just not sure if, coming off a cruise, my husband and kids will be down for another trek or prefer to stay put at whichever resort area we're currently in. And Ubers/cabs are an extra hassle with schlepping car seats. But maybe I'm overthinking it and we could have the best of both worlds? Grateful for any advice you might have!

I'm confused. If you are staying at Yacht/Beach, you can't take the TTC monorail to Epcot from there. You would have to enter Epcot through International Gateway, walk to the front of whatever Future World is called now, exit Epcot, and get on the monorail there. But you said you don't want to buy park tickets.

You could take the bus from Yacht/Beach to MK, then take the monorail from MK to Poly.

Also, you should read parents' reports about Stormalong Bay with kids. Supposedly it's hard to keep an eye on the kids in that pool complex. But maybe with the older kid you would have a parent with the kid anyway, and obviously you would have a parent staying with the younger kid.

I'd book Poly if it's available since fireworks and Ohana are priorities. If it's not available, I'd opt for Yacht Club. Contemporary is our least favorite hotel on property. Yacht Club feels much more like a resort, has great restaurants, obviously has Stormalong Bay, and has easy access to the Boardwalk area.

I like Yacht or Beach club. Epcot is a better evening park if you want to get a one day ticket, and you have plenty of great dining options in that area.

I would definitely book the Contemporary.

I love YC/BC, and Stormalong Bay is super fun with kids of all ages. But, if you're coming off of a cruise you will have had lots and lots of pool/beach time.

The Contemporary, with a walk to the Poly for 'Ohana and HEA fireworks, adds some distinctively Disney magic that complements your cruise, rather than doubling down.

Thank you so much for these replies! Re: Poly, while it is the place I’d want to go for dinner, that particular resort is double its usual price that night, so the resort itself is out of the running, LOL. We’d either be at Contemporary and take the monorail over to Poly for dinner, or go with Yacht/Beach for Stormalong Bay.

Re: Stormalong, we would definitely be with both kids in the pool at all times and not have them go in alone. I’ve also heard the pools on the cruises get super crowded and are much smaller, so I had thought this could be a good pool day option if the kids don’t get their fill on the ship. But…my precious ‘Ohana and fireworks would be just a monorail ride away if we do Contemporary! I am still so torn. 😂

Since Poly is out of the running. I would go with CR. And monorail over to 'Ohana & watch the fireworks. With that being said, I love the Epcot area resorts. This isn't a bad problem to have! 🤣

Since Poly is out of the running. I would go with CR. And monorail over to 'Ohana & watch the fireworks. With that being said, I love the Epcot area resorts. This isn't a bad problem to have! 🤣

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Contemporary now too! I also like what @Cabius mentioned, that it would be a different flavor of Disney magic to end the trip, as opposed to more beach & pool vibes. My only hesitation is that I've heard Contemporary's pool is one of the more boring ones on property, and I figure especially so compared to Stormalong Bay. If we want to make it a pool day, will CR still be a good choice? On one hand, my husband looooves a lazy river and I can picture him and the kids (and me!) having a blast at Stormalong Bay. On the other hand, if it's insanely packed, that's not really the relaxing post-cruise resort day we're looking for either. And, once again...'Ohana! 😂

LOL, sorry I am so indecisive!!

I’ve stayed at YC and Contemporary. Honestly, I didn’t find Stormalong Bay to be as great as I expected it to be. I’d often heard people compare it to a water park. It is nothing like a water park. The lazy river is pretty small. It’s basically a sprawling pool. It’s nice, but for me it didn’t live up to the hype. Contemporary is ok. Not my favorite aesthetic, but I do find the MK resort area in general to be really magical. If you haven’t been to the California Grill on top of the Contemporary, it’s definitely worth trying. That’s my favorite restaurant on property. For a resort day, have you considered Animal Kingdom Lodge? This resort has IMO Disney’s most stunning lobby. It’s not convenient to the parks because you have to take a bus everywhere, but if you’re not doing the parks I think it’s a great option, and definitely something different. The dining at AKL is also really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter