Which would you choose? Plz Help

Shell4624

Mouseketeer
So we are heading to SoCA after spending a few days at DL. It will be DH, myself, DD 8 and DD 3. We can only go to one of the following places..

Universal Studios
SeaWorld
Legoland

Which would you choose and why?

I would pick SeaWorld and Universal Studios. Legoland is expensive (IMO) and really geared to legocrazed boys.

I would choose Seaworld. It is a great family park with something to enjoy for all ages. Your 3yr old would have fun at the shows and other attractions while the 8yr old would love the few rides.

Universal has attractions that would be a bit too much for a 3yr old.

So we are heading to SoCA after spending a few days at DL. It will be DH, myself, DD 8 and DD 3. We can only go to one of the following places..

Universal Studios
SeaWorld
Legoland

Which would you choose and why?

Of those three choices, you would be better off doing Seaworld.

I would also say SeaWorld. We have been to all those parks. Legoland is boring for a 8 yr old. Universal is too much for a 3 yr old. SeaWorld is wonderful for everyone. Our DD loves SeaWorld, she is 13 now and has been going since she was 2.

I would definitely say Lego Land. My kids are 11 and 9 and they LOVED it. It is the only park we have gone to where every ride is kid oriented. All of it is also very interactive where kids get to drive things (boats, cars, helicopters, etc). Sea World was also great but it's mostly sitting and watching. I don't think Universal has much that appeals to young kids at all.

I either have had or currently have annual passes to all of those - Universal, Sea World, the Zoo/Wild Animal Park/ and Legoland ( Knotts too). Sea World will be fun, but I think it's a 1 day trip - just get there early and try to time going to the shows well, since that's the main entertainment there. Can be tricky - takes a bit of planning.

Legoland is fun for my 6 year old granddaughter, but a 2 year old wouldn't have much to do in my opinion.

But the San Diego Zoo is a world-class zoo - one of the best. And I've never met a child that wasn't fascinated by animals. It's the only AP besides Disneyland I get every year. You'll want to use the kangeroo hopper (on and off as much as you like at 5 stops) bus with a folding stroller -- it's a lot of up and down hill walking.

If I only had those choices I would pick Sea World and Universal Studios. If I had another option I'd choose Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. I just think your 3 year old would have more fun there. I think Universal is more fun once they're older but I could be wrong.

if you can only pick 1 and you want to do something in So Cal then i would pick Sea world out of those choices as it is something different then rides.

If I only had those choices I would pick Sea World and Universal Studios. If I had another option I'd choose Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. I just think your 3 year old would have more fun there. I think Universal is more fun once they're older but I could be wrong.

I totally agree - the only things for little ones at Universal are a 3D Shrek movie (and that's not for a 3 year old), an animal actor show, and a play area whose theme keeps changing - last year was Nickelodeon and Curious George. There's the movie studio tram ( sets not very interesting for kids unless they've seen the films ), the Mummy - scary coaster type ride - the Simpsons, a great simulator with an IMAX sized screen but with a height restriction ( only really good ride there imho ), Jurassic Park - with a T-Rex attack and a bigger drop than Splash - and some scary shows. Not much else really - a couple of special effect shows. We had an annual pass and went 3 times - was plenty ( contrast with Disneyland - at least 15 times a year, sometimes every week)....

Ask your 8 year old if you think she would be a good judge! We visited family in So. California last summer and went to Disneyland & California Adventure and my kids are still sad we didn't go to Sea World!!! I think Universal is great (I used to live in LA and went to Universal and the City Walk alot) but it really is geared for older kids/adults. I have never been to legoland. I am sure my boys would love it because they LOVE legos! I don't think my daughter would care for it as much though.

You will enjoy the zoo if you go there. It IS awesome! :simba:

:) My kids are 8 DH and 5 DD and I asked them where they wanted to go and they both said Legoland. We are also doing Disney and driving down and plan to do Legoland and the Zoo. We have already been to Sea World in San Antonio though otherwise I might have chose that instead of the zoo BUT the zoo is WAY cheaper and it has such high reviews. You have 2 girls though so I would ask them to help you decide since they might not want to go to Legoland. I think I agree with the others. If I had 2 girls we would probably go to Sea World or the zoo.
:)

I would say Sea World with Legoland a close second.
My ds12 loves both. We have yearly passes to Sea World and we live 27 hours away. Love it. We've been going every summer since he was 4.
Legoland we also go to each summer. He still loves it maybe because we don't have anything like it here. Theres lots for younger kids to do. Lots of hands on activities, the play area and water area.

hmmmm...this thread has got me thinking now. we are heading down to DL in early may, and i was planning on taking my girls (ages 3 and 1) to legoland...but now i'm thinking i may not. sounds like there isn't much for my 1 year old to do there. i know there are a handful of rides where we all could ride together as a family, but is it worth the admission price and the 1-hour drive from anaheim? i'm thinking maybe i should put legoland off for a few more years.......

thoughts? :confused:

Hands down I would pick Sea World, especially if you have never been. The kids will love it, so will you! It is great for all ages.

Since its only one of the three. TWO will require a long drive from Disneyland (for small kids) Universal is not that far.

BUT

Seaworld is a much better park for your family!!

legoLand interest seems to taper off as kids get older and move on from the lego toys.

(and we need some tourist bucks here!!! hehehehehehe)

Okay NOT legoland. We just go back and that was a total overpriced disappointment. Just my opinion. We did the zoo and that was great and cheaper (although not listed in your list of choices). I would do sea world I think. Or just stay at Disney longer. If I could do it over again I would just stay at Disney. :)

Okay NOT legoland. We just go back and that was a total overpriced disappointment. Just my opinion. We did the zoo and that was great and cheaper (although not listed in your list of choices). I would do sea world I think. Or just stay at Disney longer. If I could do it over again I would just stay at Disney. :)

A lot of people overlook the zoo and the WAP and a "trip south" from DLR.

I think that some don't like the switch from an amuzement park vacation to a "mundane" zoo like setting. To each his own!!

Either Legoland or Sea World. Sea World has a lot of shows, but not many rides, while Legoland does not have much to do for the 3-year-old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter