• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would you choose?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking about booking one of the Epcot resorts for an upcoming trip. Which one would you choose?

We are two adults who will be spending two days in Epcot and one day at HS. We are going in December and have little interest in the pool.

I think the Yacht Club is beautiful, but I've never stayed there. If you're not opposed, my biggest recommendation would be the Dolphin. We stayed there several years ago and loved it. It also costs less (usually) than other Disney deluxe resorts.

You can't go wrong with any of the 3. However, beach club will get you closest to the International Gateway at EPCOT - having closest to EPCOT as your only request and knowing about the "secret entrance" at beach club will also help.

As for the secret door closest to EPCOT, it's been a while since I was there so I'm crap at explaining it but I'm sure you will find this info in the first post of the Beach Club thread here. Edit: post #8. Room 1501

Last edited:

You really can't make a bad choice of the 3. Having said that, our favorite resort in all of WDW is Boardwalk.

The Boardwalk is our absolute favorite. We love the theming and it puts you within walking distance to both EP and DHS. I also think they have better food choices and we love the nighttime entertainment. Honestly, all of the EP resorts are great. I would recommend pricing all 5 of them out (including Swan and Dolphin) and seeing which one comes out the cheapest. Though Boardwalk is my favorite, you can't go wrong with any of them.

I'm thinking about booking one of the Epcot resorts for an upcoming trip. Which one would you choose?

We are two adults who will be spending two days in Epcot and one day at HS. We are going in December and have little interest in the pool.
I would agree with the others who answered and say I don't believe you could go wrong with any of the Disney resorts there. We have stayed at Yacht Club and Beach Club and will be staying at the Boardwalk this summer. I can't speak for the Swan/Dolphin but they look really nice .

We love all of them. However, the great prices at the Swan/Dolphin have us coming back often!

I never though about the swan and dolphin. Given the choice between the two which would you pick?

I never though about the swan and dolphin. Given the choice between the two which would you pick?

I would recommend either the Swan or Dolphin, even over the WDW Epcot resorts. I would book whichever one had the better price, but all things being equal, I would choose the Swan. It is newly renovated, and also smaller.

I was at WDW March 8-14, with three days at the Swan, and three days at BCV. When I was at BCV, I wished I was back at the Swan.

I agree you can't go wrong with any of them. YC is my favorite, I just like the fact that you are always going to have a balcony and there tends to be less kids on that side. My last trip I stayed at Swan and loved it and will probably go back for F&W. Dolphin is a little bigger, a little more convention looking in the lobby but has more places to eat as well. They share facilities so you can eat, swim or whatever at both. We timed the walk and it was equal distance to both Epcot IG and HS from there. You do need to factor in the resort fee and parking fee if you drive, which can make it equal to WL and AKL at times but certainly less than YC/BC or BW. They do offer discounts for teachers, AAA and a few others.

All of the resorts in the EC are nice. I think you need to consider some additional items. How important is EMH to you? If not, Swan and Dolphin are great options. How do you like to dine? Regardless of which resort you choose, take a look at what they offer you as far as dining so you know where you want to eat.

The main factor given the information above is since you are doing 2 days at EC I would say BWI or BC so it is a closer walk.

All of the resorts in the EC are nice. I think you need to consider some additional items. How important is EMH to you? If not, Swan and Dolphin are great options.

Just to clarify...EMHs are available to Swan & Dolphin guests.

You cant go wrong over there.

BC/YC is our favorite for the pool and the refreshed rooms at BC are very nice.
BW is great because there is alot going on in the evening and you have a bunch of dining options right there.

BC will be the closest to Epcot but BW is not much farther.

Just to clarify...EMHs are available to Swan & Dolphin guests.
Yes sorry I needed to expound on that...I guess I see some of the resorts offering different recreation, spas, etc. that may cut into your time including EMH so depending on where you stay and what perks you like that could impact your decision.

I haven't stayed at the Swan or Dolphin but my DB is a big fan of the Swan over Dolphin (the beds maybe?).

I've personally been to YC, BC and BWI multiple times each and of the 3, YC is my favorite over BWI by a small margin. It seems more quiet and sedate over the other two and service has always been good. BWI is lovely as well. I've not had a good experience with BC (one time went almost 3 day without housekeeping in a CL room:mad:..and yes we called and requested it!) so after three separate stays I cannot in good conscience, recommend it.

DH and I love BC and BW if we are not able to book there we usually pick the Swan over the dolphin. we tried to Dolphin once but it just was not as "nice" as the swan (i dont remember why it was 6 years ago, i just remember thinking never again). we actually just stayed at the swan in February and the newly decorated rooms are really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter