Which would you do?

MinnieMin

Earning My Ears
Celebration at the Top: 50th Flavors & Fireworks at Disney's Contemporary Resort or
Magic Kingdom 50th Fireworks Dessert Parties (Open to other suggestions)

Covid cancelled our 2020 trip and I had the MK dessert party booked for a surprise for my oldest daughter and the cake decorating at Amorette's Patisserie for my other daughter. I'm not seeing great reviews for the MK dessert party right now and they haven't brought the cake decorating back yet. I like to surprise them with something new when we go. We've done the Frozen Dessert Party (When it was new and you got preferred seating for the parade and unlimited ice cream treats and then the evening dessert party with firework viewing), the Fantasmic Dessert Party at HS before, the early entry to Toy Story land that included breakfast and of course the BBB when the girls were little and the chocolate glass slipper desserts.

Daughters are 19 and 15 now (and I've added a 1 year old son to our party) . We'll be there mid May for 9 days. I'm disappointed with Disney's extra offerings right now.

Help me find something to surprise them with for this trip.

There is a video on YouTube from All ears where Molly goes to those events . It’s called the expensive way to watch the fireworks I believe . She gives great information on the parties !
I’ve been to the dessert party in the garden viewing area . I really like it but my kids are unimpressed. I guess because they’ve never camped out for the fireworks! The California Grill party looks amazing ! You won’t see them up close so you would still want to see them in Magic Kingdom another day if you do that one . Either way will be amazing!! Have a magical trip !!

I read that the viewing balcony for Celebration at the Top is behind that for the Cali Grill, so the view will be blocked by those diners. We ended up booking dinner at Cali Grill for 90 minutes before the fireworks, and the food and service alone were worth the price of the prix fixe meal. Then to get to go outside and see the fireworks from up high - it was a whole different experience from watching them in the park. So that would be my first recommendation if you can make it happen.

We have done a bunch of the dessert parties over the years. I always like to try new things on each trip. We haven’t done the one at the contemporary yet because my kids are too young though I think that sounds great. Of all the firework related extras we have tried, my favorite is the private firework cruise. We did the one at Epcot and it was a really nice way to view the show (though this was before it changed so not sure now with the new show) and it was fun to have our own boat and snacks and drinks. It’s also nice because right now you can bring on whatever food and drinks you want. They give you snacks and non alcoholic beverages but we brought wine last time. I actually found it to be a bit more cost effective than many of the other choices for our group size and we could get better food options than what seems to be currently offered in the dessert party. It was just a very nice laidback way to watch the fireworks.
In regards to the other two choices, I would say the Contemporary because it does seem like the dessert party reviews haven’t been amazing lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter