Which would you do?

katyringo

DIS Veteran
We have the budget for 1 character meal. This doesn't include the princess breakfast which my daughter and I will do on the day we have OBB tickets.

What would you choose?

Goofys kitchen after a full day at legoland when we get to Anaheim. Legoland closes at 5pm this day. With traffic I would account for 2 hours to get there. So a 7-730 reservations. Worried kiddos might be tired. It would be 9ish home time.

Plaza inn around 11 (last time
For chracter meals) on a full Disneyland day. That way we can still use rope drop.

Plaza inn around 11 on our last day, which we have to leave the parks early. (flight leaves at 4:30)

Storytellers on a DCA day- again I would aim for that 11 time as our lunch that day.

Other Notes:
Out of them, we have never done storytellers.
If Donalds seaside came back - we would choose that one without a doubt. It's our favorite, but I think it's gone forever.

I would do Plaza inn around 11:00 on a full Disneyland day. It would be a nice long lunch break after you've done rope drop.On your last DL day you might not want to take the time away from rides etc.

I think you're right about Goofy's being late after a day at Legoland. You could potentially do Goofy's for lunch or dinner on another day, maybe instead of Storytellers?

My only hesitation for that 11am Plaza Inn give slot is that I've done that at 10:40-ish, and they were already clearing some of the buffet items. We got like 1 Mickey waffle each, and the fruit was really picked over. They were done with the bacon, too.

I would do Storytellers, mainly because you said it's the only one you haven't done. I think the food quality is highest there, and at least in the old days there were some neat, don't-see-them-everywhere characters walking around.

We love to do Plaza Inn around 10:30 or 10:45. Time in the park before breakfast, don't have to leave the parks for a meal and we have always seen a ton of characters there with typically some surprises.

I would not do Goofy's Kitchen after Legoland. Kids might wind down in the car and be really tired after the long drive back. If there is a lot of traffic you will be stressing about being late, and that might be a bit of a late meal with the time change. I would probably just grab dinner in the Carlsbad area that night before coming back.

My only hesitation for that 11am Plaza Inn give slot is that I've done that at 10:40-ish, and they were already clearing some of the buffet items. We got like 1 Mickey waffle each, and the fruit was really picked over. They were done with the bacon, too.
Good point. Maybe 10:30? Or you could always do Storytellers since you haven't tried that one yet.

I have done Plaza Inn, Storytellers and the one at Paradise Pier (when it was Surf’s Up with Mickey and Friends).

The one at Paradise Pier was my favorite too! It was so cute and the food was good. The character interactions and music were fantastic. I’m so sad it’s gone. :(

Plaza has the most characters but the food was just blech (for me … I understand many people enjoy it). But if characters are important, this is probably the one to choose. I also the did the last seating and the previous poster is correct that they start pulling the food pretty quick so you need to load up as many plates as you can right when you get there and then you can relax and enjoy the characters. But the characters also go away pretty soon after it ends so it can end up feeling rushed.

I did Storytellers most recently and I loved it. We had great character interactions even though it was before the distancing restrictions were lifted (so they should be even better now). The food was really great for a buffet. So much better than Plaza.

I HIGHLY recommend the BRUNCH at Storytellers. You get all the regular breakfast things at the buffet PLUS you can order delicious small plates from your server (all included), plus you can order chocolate and jelly filled beignets (again, from your server). It’s a few steps above Plaza in terms of quality of food and having a server attend to you. And if you like the classic characters we got Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Chip and Dale.

Sorry one is sideways but some photos of each!

E111DC3B-0894-43A9-B72D-95210D71E6A3.jpeg
57EFD683-7279-47AD-836F-A29B92A36414.jpegCD2EBB38-C72E-479E-8D10-16FF26300D4E.jpeg

I have done Plaza Inn, Storytellers and the one at Paradise Pier (when it was Surf’s Up with Mickey and Friends).

The one at Paradise Pier was my favorite too! It was so cute and the food was good. The character interactions and music were fantastic. I’m so sad it’s gone. :(

Plaza has the most characters but the food was just blech (for me … I understand many people enjoy it). But if characters are important, this is probably the one to choose. I also the did the last seating and the previous poster is correct that they start pulling the food pretty quick so you need to load up as many plates as you can right when you get there and then you can relax and enjoy the characters. But the characters also go away pretty soon after it ends so it can end up feeling rushed.

I did Storytellers most recently and I loved it. We had great character interactions even though it was before the distancing restrictions were lifted (so they should be even better now). The food was really great for a buffet. So much better than Plaza.

I HIGHLY recommend the BRUNCH at Storytellers. You get all the regular breakfast things at the buffet PLUS you can order delicious small plates from your server (all included), plus you can order chocolate and jelly filled beignets (again, from your server). It’s a few steps above Plaza in terms of quality of food and having a server attend to you. And if you like the classic characters we got Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Chip and Dale.

Sorry one is sideways but some photos of each!

View attachment 664096
View attachment 664097View attachment 664098
Any bonus characters in addition to Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, and Dale?

We also loved the Surf's Up with Donald and crew - Stitch was my kids' favorite character at the time, and they were so happy to get to interact with him. Very sad to see it go, but as a replacement we are actually doing Plaza, Storytellers and Goofy's. This is taking the place of BBB and we are skipping the princess breakfast. We've done Plaza Inn every single trip, so it is a bit of a must-do for my kids. The food is definitely more standard breakfast buffet fare, but the character interactions have been great. I am hopeful that interactions will be pretty much back to normal by our trip in June!

I am leaning toward storytellers on a DCA day. Whoever said it will be a nice AC break from DCA got to me lol!
LOL, that was me - another great option for mid-day AC at DCA is in Hollywood Land - do Mickey’s Philharmagic, Animation Academy and Turtle Talk with Crush. It was just the break we needed last Monday when we did open to close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter