Which would you go to, Epcot or HS?

Chovy

Earning My Ears
DH, DD (5) and I are headed to Disneyworld near the end of September.

We are changing our resort and due to budget differences, I am opting not to have a parkhopper.

The only day that impacts is one on which we were going to Epcot and then Hollywood studios. DD has never been to either so she won't have a known attraction she will be missing. We currently have an ADR for the Fantasmic package.

Which would you go to or which would you skip?

If you have no other days for Epcot and would miss it entirely, I would choose Epcot over HS (though I like HS a good deal, too). Between Soarin' and Test Track and the World Showcase and Sum of all Thrills, there's more to explore and do in Epcot. It's my 10 yr old's favorite park, and the food options are just awesome.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, we went to Fantasmic last year and don't plan to return this year. It was only ok. Illuminations and Wishes are better.

I would miss either if I didn't go! LOL! I'm a fan of Fantasmic, but with all the closings at HS right now, it's limited on things to do. There is always tons of things to do at Epcot.

As much as DHS is my favorite park .. I would say Epcot.

The "Frozen Summer Fun" should be over by end of September (so those activities aren't an option), and there really isn't many attractions at DHS anymore .. especially for a 5-year old girl.

Epcot!!! Does she like princesses? If so, you can get breakfast with the princesses (Akershus) and meet others all around the world showcase! There's also a Finding Nemo themed area in Future World that's a lot of fun for little kids. Plus, the dining options are at least a million times better at Epcot than they are at DHS.

I do love Fantasmic, but that's only one of a very few things I do love about HS. There's so much more to do in Epcot, I would go there.

EPCOT all the way - lots for all of you to do and enjoy. She might really enjoy the KidCot Fun Stops around the countries and definitely the Princesses.

This is a "it depends" kind of answer. Epcot is my go to answer as HS is pretty much becoming like one of those old western towns that slowly died. However your daughter may have more fun at HS for things like the muppet show etc. Epcot, IMO, is pretty much an older person park, say teens and above, with a targeted audience of the over 21 crowd.

DH, DD (5) and I are headed to Disneyworld near the end of September.

We are changing our resort and due to budget differences, I am opting not to have a parkhopper.

The only day that impacts is one on which we were going to Epcot and then Hollywood studios. DD has never been to either so she won't have a known attraction she will be missing. We currently have an ADR for the Fantasmic package.

Which would you go to or which would you skip?

For me not even any thought needed. Epcot. Epcot and MK are my favorites and my favorite ride anywhere is at Epcot (Soarin').

This question is much tougher than it seems to be on the surface. I'm going to go against conventional wisdom here and suggest that HS is the better option for her. Epcot is the superior park of course, however, a 5 year old girl won't find as much fun at Epcot than she would at HS. Between the Little Mermaid show, Beauty & the Beast, the Frozen Sing-a-long, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, Fantasmic, Playhouse Disney and all those characters, the characters in the Animation Courtyard, Buzz & Woody, and TSMM, DHS is better overall for a young girl. Not many 5 year old girls are going to like Sum of All Thrills and Test Track. Most won't much enjoy Spaceship Earth. So we are pretty much down to Soarin' and Nemo. Sure, there are some nifty character greetings in the World Showcase, but overall, Epcot is more oriented to older kids and adults. Especially if she is going during the FW festival.

I would also research the parks independent of what we say here. Keep in mind everyone's tastes are different. I like Epcot too for the countries. HS is also a must see on a trip for me as I love Tower of Terror, Star Tours and Rockin' Roller Coaster too. So just research it in addition!

it's really a toss up. look at the list of attractions and compare how many she'd probably like. Also take into account you and your DH. If you guys want one over the other just do that since she doesn't know the difference!

I'm with PantherPete, and am going to go against the majority of replies. We were just at Disney in May, and my 5 year old daughter loved HS way more than Epcot (and if I'm being honest, so did I). She couldn't have cared less about the world showcase, though as an adult I would have liked more time to look around. She did like test track... but her favorite things in Epcot were Nemo and Friends and turtle talk with crush. She absolutely loved HS though. The frozen sing along was wonderful, even for me. She loved the Disney Junior show and Beauty and the Beast on stage. Of course we had to see the Little Mermaid show too. Plus, I think Fantasmic is way better than Illuminations. Though, based on the other replies, I am in the minority. :flower1: However, that should just show how subjective the choice between two parks is. Just go with your gut. It's not like you will have a terrible time at either. Ya'll will enjoy yourselves either way. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter