Which would you pick for teens?

5Mice

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! I'm sure this question has been beaten to death, but now it's my turn! ;)
We have two teen boys (13,15) that love Disney. So far, their favorite resort has been the Beach Club.

This next trip we have a choice of:
1. AKL Savannah View
2. WL Club Level

I love AKL because it seems like a great experience you can't get anywhere else...more than just a "hotel".
I love WL because it's close to MK/monorail and Club Level might mean we can drop the dining plan.

My boys love resorts almost as much as they love the parks. That's what is making this a tough choice! Hubby refuses to do a split stay, so that brilliant idea I had is out ;)
This is a surprise trip, so can't really get their input.

Which would you pick?

It depends what you want from your trip. I just came back from a trip to AKL with my youngest DD16. She LOVED it. Had a standard “people pen” view on the kudo trail, but had plenty of animals (resident ostrich - and giraffes, zebras, etc visited around 4-6 pm). This DD is not so park obsessive. She slept til 10 ... was back to hotel by late afternoon. AKL was very quiet and relaxing. However, I found the daytime activities geared to little ones. Not much to do in evenings. It was too far from parks to go back to after a break. Not a fan of the buses personally.

We have stayed at the Epcot resorts and MK resorts. I like the access to other hotels and ability to return to a park after a break. Not a fan of the monorails resorts though - due to noise and the monorails themselves.

My next trip with both DDs (DD18 would live in the park 24 hrs if she could), we are planning to try WL. I’m hoping it will be the best of both. A relaxing place to come back to & be entertained - and yet a boat ride away to visiting MK for a couple of hours in the evening if we so desire. Looking forward to hearing some viewpoints of those who have stayed.

So if your visiting style is non-hopper, resort relaxer - go for AKL, it’s amazingly relaxing. ... if you want easier access to MK or other resorts for entertainment, than WL may be a better fit.

Hi Everyone! I'm sure this question has been beaten to death, but now it's my turn! ;)
We have two teen boys (13,15) that love Disney. So far, their favorite resort has been the Beach Club.

1. AKL Savannah View
2. WL Club Level

I love AKL because it seems like a great experience you can't get anywhere else...more than just a "hotel".
I love WL because it's close to MK/monorail and Club Level might mean we can drop the dining plan.

My boys love resorts almost as much as they love the parks. That's what is making this a tough choice! Hubby refuses to do a split stay, so that brilliant idea I had is out ;)

Which would you pick?

We've stayed at both and you honestly can't go wrong with either one, IMO. I would tend to lean toward WL because of CL, but AKL is just as great even without CL. It's a hard choice because both are amazing resorts, so I would choose the one that appeals to you the most. Good luck :).

I think it depends on your kids and their likes & activities.

My kids loved AKL when younger but once the teen level they asked to not stay there. They said the pool area, while very pretty, was very geared for young kids and always so crowded. There was no where to go run and no other activities for them, again all is geared to young families. They would likely pick WL with access to trails and other activities, and they would enjoy the CL.

I have 3 teens, and their favourite is Old key West. Huge rooms and 2 large beds.Relaxing and close to Disney Springs.

Our kids' tastes sounds similar. I have 2 teen girls (both age 15) who also love the BC and love the resorts almost as much as the parks!

We have stayed at both AKL (recent) and WL (not so recent). My kids loved the resort experience better at AKL, but they preferred WL for the location and boat to MK.

Since you have the CL option at WL, I'd probably opt for that because my kids personally love staying CL! Then, if you like it, you could consider staying AKL CL savannah view next trip (that's the type of room we had and we LOVED it).

1. AKL Savannah View
2. WL Club Level

Which would you pick?

I would ask yourself (or your boys) why Beach Club was their favorite. Was it the pool? Proximity to parks and other recreation amenities?

We've stayed at both and just know, the rooms are a bit smaller than the rooms at BC. Neither resorts' pool will live up to BC's. It just really depends on what your kids' interests are. WL has a little more in the recreation department - there is a small basketball court, boat rental, you can go over to Ft. W (and even walk over there) and do things over there as well. The pool is super small, however. If they prefer animals, AKL is definitely the way to go.

Teens boys can eat so i would do WL club level. Feeding them can cost a fortune. Let them have at the lounge instead of coming to me every time they want food. I would also drop the DDP. (I understand it’s not meant to replace full meals but it would be a huge help)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter