While backing up my car, someone walked behind my car and they intentionally hit the car.

OK, this whole story is weird...even the way it's written. Black box? No, you don't have a "black box". Threatening to call your father? All very strange. You're lucky nothing worse came out of this. Move on.

This was my question, what the heck is a black box?? Like on an airplane? That doesn't even make sense.

Any bets on if OP will come back?

Okay I need help. I live in Nevada. After I went to shopping with my friend, she dropped me off to the parking lot and I got my car pulled back. but then there was big "THUD" sound when I barely moved my car to inches. When I looked my back mirror. I saw there are some guys I didn't see. .

So you were backing out, you heard a thud and THEN you looked in your mirror?
So where were you looking when you were backing out. Even if it was 2 inches, that is enough to hit a person so if you were looking all around you before backing up and while backing up that 2 inches you would have seen them.
It sounds like you were the one in the wrong here.
Having said that, if you are ever in that situation again, stay in your car, unroll your window a little bit and yell "sorry, I didn't see you". Do not get out and approach them, you have no idea how that could end for you.

This is a very weird post OP - feel like every other sentence is gone. Where is the rest of the post that everyone is quoting - nothing makes sense. :confused3 black box, thumped on back of car, etc. ?????

OK, just went back and read the thread before half was edited out - someone finally remembered the rule :rolleyes1 still strange with all the original info there.

I'm out!

Last edited:
This is a very weird post OP - feel like every other sentence is gone. Where is the rest of the post that everyone is quoting - nothing makes sense. :confused3 black box, thumped on back of car, etc. ?????

Check post #6 - Summer2018 followed "the rule"....

She joined yesterday and said she is 31 years old and has over 20 years driving experience. Which one of these or maybe both are you lying about? Hard to believe you
That's because the post isn't real. None of it makes sense. The original post tried to hard to make it sound like the OP was too "cool" with what she said to those "kids". And the child of a police officer would have been told many times to NEVER use their parent's position as a "threat" like they did. My dad would have had my head if I had said anything like this person claims they did. If the guys who hit her car were close enough to do so, then she almost ran over them because she wasn't paying attention.

"While backing up my car, someone walked behind my car"

The title of your post says it all.
Pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way.

That is a huge fallacy. Pedestrians do not always have the right of way. Sometimes when they are hit there are no charges because pedestrian was in the wrong.

On the other hand OP I could barely understand your post. Grammar please.

That is a huge fallacy. Pedestrians do not always have the right of way. Sometimes when they are hit there are no charges because pedestrian was in the wrong.

On the other hand OP I could barely understand your post. Grammar please.

Actually, pedestrians do have the right of way the vast majority of the time. To put liability on a pedestrian, it has to be pretty blatant. Trust me on that...I deal with it day in, day out.

She joined yesterday and said she is 31 years old and has over 20 years driving experience. Which one of these or maybe both are you lying about? Hard to believe you

C'mon guys.....why are we feeding the Baby troll?? :teeth:

Last edited:
Think about that, how often will people walk behind a car that is already partially backed into a space, they would have to walk into the parking space to do so. When your are backing out you are in the pedestrian area a lot longer then when backing in.

And virtually nobody walks behind a car that is already partially out and backing either. Both methods have just as much blind backing. It's just as easy to hit someone when you first start backing in (Note you are not half way in when you first start backing) as when you first start backing out.

Last edited:
That's because the post isn't real. None of it makes sense. The original post tried to hard to make it sound like the OP was too "cool" with what she said to those "kids". And the child of a police officer would have been told many times to NEVER use their parent's position as a "threat" like they did. My dad would have had my head if I had said anything like this person claims they did. If the guys who hit her car were close enough to do so, then she almost ran over them because she wasn't paying attention.

OMG, please please read the post. I did not use my dad position to show off or anything. In the situation like this I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. So I called him to get some advice. They were the one who was laughing and asked me what was he doing and I just simply answered it. I totally understand that some people have bad attitude of life and throwing some ****s on random people. I was simply asking advice. But ***?! fix your grammar, liar, bad attitude, and other blah blah blah. You can just walkaway if you are no going to help.

Last edited:
I totally understand that some people have bad attitude of life and throwing some ****s on random people. I was simply asking advice. But ***?! fix your grammar, liar, bad attitude, and other blah blah blah. You can just walkaway if you are no going to help.
There’s always blind spots. We can look in mirrors, turn our heads to look behind us. People can still dart behind cars that are clearly backing out.

Where I teach, parents park in the teachers’ parking lot all the time even though they have their own parking and child pickup locations. Kids run through the parking lot without a care in the world. Adults are looking at their phones instead of paying attention. I try to arrive before kids come to school and leave well after they leave. However, if I have a meeting across the city and have to leave on time, I am forced to deal with the anarchy and chaos of my parking lot. I constantly stressed about running over a child. So, when I bought my car two years ago, I got the rear view camera and the sensors that beep if anyone is behind my car. I love it and highly recommend it. I still turn around and look, but having the extra technology gives me peace of mind.

Thank you, here is the real advice.

And virtually nobody walks behind a car that is already partially out and backing either. Both methods have just as much blind backing. It's just as easy to hit someone when you first start backing in (Note you are not half way in when you first start backing) as when you first start backing out.
Not really. If you're driving down an aisle getting ready to back in to a parking spot, you can see who is walking down the aisle to/from their car. However, if you're walking to your car, once you get beside it, your view will be blocked of the aisle until you pull far enough out. While the distances are the same, how much you can see/when you see it is definitely different.

Hard to tell with the edit, but it sounds like someone thumped the back of your car to make you THINK you hit them.

That's right. I am still stressed over about what happens because it never happen before. I don't know why they made jokes likes that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter