While backing up my car, someone walked behind my car and they intentionally hit the car.

Thanks for the advice but I am not a young girl who is lacking with driving experience. I had over 20 years of driving experience without any car accident. There were some minor but it was all non-at fault which I did not commit. Also, I did not lie about the situation either. There is no point of lying if I am asking for some advice in this anonymous thread. right? Also, I just slipped on my dad information because those guys were asking for what is he doing. I did not threaten or bragged. I understand some people can jump to the conclusion without thinking too much. There were no people behind and front of me. I always check the back and side before I back up. I know more than anybody that pedestrian has the first right. Of course, I checked my back when I pulled my car. Also, I pulled my car an inch and my rear end did not even exceed the next car's rear end. Fortunately, my friend who dropped me off yesterday was also moving out from the parking lot and saw what happens.
I understand that there are so many people with ignorance. However, I hope people should not judge other with the stereotype. You can not just determine someone must be a bad driver right away because they are young or female. Also, yes; all pedestrian has the first right but it doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want.

TBH you've changed quite a bit of your original post.

Originally this is what you said:
"Okay I need help. I live in Nevada. After I went to shopping with my friend, she dropped me off to the parking lot and I got my car pulled back. but then there was big "THUD" sound when I barely moved my car to inches. When I looked my back mirror. I saw there are some guys I didn't see. I got out of the car to see what happens and I saw four guys were laughing and leaving the scene. I realized that they must hit the car intentionally. To make sure, I was acting like I was very angry and asked them what was that for? and who did hit my car? nobody answered and the guy who didn't hit the car said " well its me, you pulled your car and hit me. what are you gona do about it?. So I said that I have the black box. Then they went quite and made bunch of ********. so I said I am gona give a call to my dad then they start laughing and said " lol, so now you gona call you dad? who is your dad? then I said "well, wait and see he is a police officer." while I held my phone and checking for any dent they all went disappear one by one. About few minutes later I called my friend who dropped me and she said they are just messing around so just don't get involved too much and leave. When I hop back into my car there was no guys left so I decided to drop it and left the place. I heard few honks sounds but not sure if it was me or for other person. Now when I got home Im not sure what I was supposed do. Should've really called the police or just drop it as nothing happens. I mean they can always track me as hit and run with my driver license too but then why did they went away while I was staying there? I need some help what I need to do."

1) You don't sound like you've had 20 years of driving experience and if you do I'm honestly curious where that was (perhaps out of the country?)

2) Why were you not looking when you were backing out? You should be doing this and if you had been you would have seen pedestrians especially 4 of them (race shouldn't matter). This is backing out 101.

3) Why would you say you're going to call your dad? That seriously makes you sound like a teen fresh out of getting a license but even I think that would seem weird to try and threaten people like that if you were a young teen. Just my opinion of course. I would not have verbally engaged with them at all and with your words you were antagonizing them.

4) By black box I'm assuming you are speaking about your car's computer which would theoretically gives a play by play but I honestly don't know if it tracks a car that barely moved several inches nor do I think anyone would care enough for what supposedly occurred

5) IF you continue to post here just know that only the moderators have the actual authority to make a post completely disappear. As long as someone has quoted your post, which someone did, it stays out there and no amount of editing can make it go away. Changing your post, especially drastically, doesn't come off well to fellow posters thus the reactions you got (well that's part of the reason).

6) How could they track you by your license if you never gave them that information? The most they would have gotten was your car license plate number but even then I cannot imagine someone would go through the trouble.

7) I do agree it's a weird post but aside from that it was a bit hard to read it in order to understand what happened.

TBH you've changed quite a bit of your original post.

Originally this is what you said:
"Okay I need help. I live in Nevada. After I went to shopping with my friend, she dropped me off to the parking lot and I got my car pulled back. but then there was big "THUD" sound when I barely moved my car to inches. When I looked my back mirror. I saw there are some guys I didn't see. I got out of the car to see what happens and I saw four guys were laughing and leaving the scene. I realized that they must hit the car intentionally. To make sure, I was acting like I was very angry and asked them what was that for? and who did hit my car? nobody answered and the guy who didn't hit the car said " well its me, you pulled your car and hit me. what are you gona do about it?. So I said that I have the black box. Then they went quite and made bunch of ********. so I said I am gona give a call to my dad then they start laughing and said " lol, so now you gona call you dad? who is your dad? then I said "well, wait and see he is a police officer." while I held my phone and checking for any dent they all went disappear one by one. About few minutes later I called my friend who dropped me and she said they are just messing around so just don't get involved too much and leave. When I hop back into my car there was no guys left so I decided to drop it and left the place. I heard few honks sounds but not sure if it was me or for other person. Now when I got home Im not sure what I was supposed do. Should've really called the police or just drop it as nothing happens. I mean they can always track me as hit and run with my driver license too but then why did they went away while I was staying there? I need some help what I need to do."

1) You don't sound like you've had 20 years of driving experience and if you do I'm honestly curious where that was (perhaps out of the country?)

2) Why were you not looking when you were backing out? You should be doing this and if you had been you would have seen pedestrians especially 4 of them (race shouldn't matter). This is backing out 101.

3) Why would you say you're going to call your dad? That seriously makes you sound like a teen fresh out of getting a license but even I think that would seem weird to try and threaten people like that if you were a young teen. Just my opinion of course. I would not have verbally engaged with them at all and with your words you were antagonizing them.

4) By black box I'm assuming you are speaking about your car's computer which would theoretically gives a play by play but I honestly don't know if it tracks a car that barely moved several inches nor do I think anyone would care enough for what supposedly occurred

5) IF you continue to post here just know that only the moderators have the actual authority to make a post completely disappear. As long as someone has quoted your post, which someone did, it stays out there and no amount of editing can make it go away. Changing your post, especially drastically, doesn't come off well to fellow posters thus the reactions you got (well that's part of the reason).

6) How could they track you by your license if you never gave them that information? The most they would have gotten was your car license plate number but even then I cannot imagine someone would go through the trouble.

7) I do agree it's a weird post but aside from that it was a bit hard to read it in order to understand what happened.

It all screams troll to me.

Actually, pedestrians do have the right of way the vast majority of the time. To put liability on a pedestrian, it has to be pretty blatant. Trust me on that...I deal with it day in, day out.

So do I. And as I said and you actually reiterated the vast majority but not as stated "always".

Interesting first post on a Disney board.
I have the impression that she is someone who posts here, but used a different name, so that she’s anonymous.

ETA. Ignore this. Guess I thought wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice but I am not a young girl who is lacking with driving experience. I had over 20 years of driving experience without any car accident. There were some minor but it was all non-at fault which I did not commit. Also, I did not lie about the situation either. There is no point of lying if I am asking for some advice in this anonymous thread. right? Also, I just slipped on my dad information because those guys were asking for what is he doing. I did not threaten or bragged. I understand some people can jump to the conclusion without thinking too much. There were no people behind and front of me. I always check the back and side before I back up. I know more than anybody that pedestrian has the first right. Of course, I checked my back when I pulled my car. Also, I pulled my car an inch and my rear end did not even exceed the next car's rear end. Fortunately, my friend who dropped me off yesterday was also moving out from the parking lot and saw what happens.
I understand that there are so many people with ignorance. However, I hope people should not judge other with the stereotype. You can not just determine someone must be a bad driver right away because they are young or female. Also, yes; all pedestrian has the first right but it doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want.
You sound like a previous poster. Are you a teacher?

Not really. If you're driving down an aisle getting ready to back in to a parking spot, you can see who is walking down the aisle to/from their car. However, if you're walking to your car, once you get beside it, your view will be blocked of the aisle until you pull far enough out. While the distances are the same, how much you can see/when you see it is definitely different.

Yes really. And while you're walking down said aisle getting to your car, it's not as if you are blind to anyone that is there.

You sound like a previous poster. Are you a teacher?
This is my first time using this kind of thread and I am just learning the system. I do see my name on the side so I didn't know I went anonymous. It is me who originally posted the thread and I edited the thread so my edited post can go first. It is possible that I caused some confusion. However, I was just curious what I was supposed to do in cases next time. Also, I don't understand why some guys are more interested of my identity rather than the question itself. Anyway, few people provided some good advice and some others were rude. Everybody has their own problem so I won't take it personally but you can spend your time better than that. I found couple threads saying some people just want to delete their account because of some mean replies. I totally feel them. I might sound young and would not make much sense but I definitely see that there is no intention of " helping" here. I got enough tips and some meaningless argues. I probably would never use this thread again like others.

Last edited:
Yes really. And while you're walking down said aisle getting to your car, it's not as if you are blind to anyone that is there.
Right. But how often do you look behind you? And, once you turn beside your car to get to the driver's door, it's easy to have your view of the aisle blocked. So in the time you walk beside your car, open the door, sit down, close the door, put your seat belt on, and start the car, you have no idea who's walking down the aisle.

This is my first time using this kind of thread and I am just learning the system. I do see my name on the side so I didn't know I went anonymous. It is me who originally posted the thread and I edited the thread so my edited post can go first. It is possible that I caused some confusion. However, I was just curious what I was supposed to do in cases next time. Also, I don't understand why some guys are more interested of my identity rather than the question itself. Anyway, few people provided some good advice and some others were rude. Everybody has their own problem so I won't take it personally but you can spend your time better than that. I found couple threads saying some people just want to delete their account because of some mean replies. I totally feel them. I might sound young and would not make much sense but I definitely see that there is no intention of " helping" here. I got enough tips and some meaningless argues. I probably would never use this thread again like others.
Sorry I hit a nerve. You got lots of good advice, so you didn't need more. Out of curiosity I just asked if you were a teacher in your past postings. My apologies, no malice intended, just curiosity. Since you didn't deny it, Welcome back if it is you. How are the kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter