Whiskey Tastings?

cyndyminnie

Earning My Ears
I am full of questions tonight. Cruising for the first time at the end of the month, 3 day on the Dream. What can you guys tell me about the whiskey tastings on board? Do they do them on 3-days? My husband is really interested.

Thanks.

We did the 4 day Dream. The whiskey tasting was the first night. My DW and I loved it. They give you 4 types to taste and give you all the education you needed. In fact after that experience we then signed up for Cognac and Martini tasting. Would have done more but had to leave the ship at some point.

DH did the whiskey tasting on our 7 night cruise and really loved it. It was offered later at night (around 10:30 or 11 maybe?). I believe it was $15 or $20 like the other tastings. We also have done beer, mixology and martini. They were all fun, especially if you go with other people that you know.

I would check out the Navigators that are posted under the "Staterooms" section in the red bar at the top of the page to get an idea of when the whiskey tasting is offered on the 3 night.

As soon as you get on the ship you can go to guest services to make your reservation for the tasting.

have fun!

So for any of those tastings or mixology sign ups, we just need to go to guest services? Anyway we can pre-book them?

So for any of those tastings or mixology sign ups, we just need to go to guest services? Anyway we can pre-book them?

AFAIK, Guest Services is where you sign up for them. No pre-cruise signups.

I guess, if you're Concierge, you can ask the Shoreside Concierge to check it out for you.

Just got back from a 4-night on the Dream. Bagus from Indonesia hosted our Whiskey tasting and it was a great time! Everyone at the tasting stayed around afterwards for some extra time and I think we all tried at least 1 other new drink.

Bagus was really friendly and came across as very knowledgeable about the whiskies without any sort of snobbishness. It made me want to come back for his other tastings as well, but I didn't manage to fit them in to our schedule. I did return for a drink on the last night so I could say again how much I'd enjoyed his presentation.

In addition to Guest Services, there is usually a sign up in one of the bars on the first day of the cruise--look in the Navigator, the information is usually in there somewhere. Shorter lines than guest services.

Best to book early (particularly for some of the more popular ones, like Mixology) as they often sell out.

I'm super excited to try all the tastings... heard nothing but great reviews on all. I will have to keep an eye out the first day for signups. Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter