Whispering Canyon Cafe and Wilderness Lodge

Ariel1977

Earning My Ears
We (DH, DD4 and me) have an ADR for 6:35 at the Whispering Canyon Cafe on a Fri. night in Oct. on our last day at Disney. We are staying at AoA, and will be coming from the resort. I know there is a boat from MK but unless we have extra time, we'll most likely just take the bus from AoA to MK and then to WL.

We are on the DDP and will most likely use TS credits for the meal. I am a picky eater and the Canyon Skillet appeals to me more than anything else. I could never eat a ton of it but I like the selections. Can I get it on the DDP? If not, and we pay OOP, can we get it and DH and I split it? Or is that not allowed?

I think DD would get the kids meal skillet. I know you have to add $2 according to what I read but that's fine. She will not eat the other items since she will rarely eat a cheeseburger, does not eat seafood, and does not like marinara sauce.

I saw that there is a campfire sing a long. Does anyone have any idea what time they have this? I am sure it varies depending on the season. We'll be there in mid-Oct.

We (DH, DD4 and me) have an ADR for 6:35 at the Whispering Canyon Cafe on a Fri. night in Oct. on our last day at Disney. We are staying at AoA, and will be coming from the resort. I know there is a boat from MK but unless we have extra time, we'll most likely just take the bus from AoA to MK and then to WL.

We are on the DDP and will most likely use TS credits for the meal. I am a picky eater and the Canyon Skillet appeals to me more than anything else. I could never eat a ton of it but I like the selections. Can I get it on the DDP? If not, and we pay OOP, can we get it and DH and I split it? Or is that not allowed?

I think DD would get the kids meal skillet. I know you have to add $2 according to what I read but that's fine. She will not eat the other items since she will rarely eat a cheeseburger, does not eat seafood, and does not like marinara sauce.

I saw that there is a campfire sing a long. Does anyone have any idea what time they have this? I am sure it varies depending on the season. We'll be there in mid-Oct.

Both skillets are available on the DDP, and YUM!!!

The campfire sing along is actually at Ft. Wilderness Resort, which you can walk, bus or boat to from WL. I am not sure about the time though.

If you are on the DDP/DxCP, you cannot share the skillet. I don't know about splitting though if you are paying OOP.

I'd ask Robo on the strategies board about your transportation questions.

The skillet are definitely on the dining plan. We really enjoyed this place. The food was good and the servers are a hoot.

I think that you cannot share the Canyon Skillet under any circumstances. You can get it on the DDP, but each one of you will have to purchase one.

The skillet is an "all you care to eat" entree. You cannot share it - everyone who eats from it will be charged OOP or TS credits on the dining plan.

The boat from MK to WL is MUCH faster than the bus! And it's so much more fun:goodvibes--- the waterway actually goes over the roadway below at one point!

We really loved the campfire singalong at FW. We took the boat over from WL. We were there in early May, and they started selling s'mores around an hour before sunset, and then the sing-along started right about sundown, I believe.

If you are on the DDP/DxCP, you cannot share the skillet. I don't know about splitting though if you are paying OOP.

I'd ask Robo on the strategies board about your transportation questions.

Thanks! I have Robo's site saved, with all of his amazing maps! I figured that on the DDP, you would have to purchase separate meals for each person, no matter what you ordered.

I think that you cannot share the Canyon Skillet under any circumstances. You can get it on the DDP, but each one of you will have to purchase one.

That makes sense. Since we would likely use the DDP for that ADR, we'd just pick a less expensive place for another TS (like breakfast at Kona which is our least expensive ADR if we pay OOP).

The boat from MK to WL is MUCH faster than the bus! And it's so much more fun:goodvibes--- the waterway actually goes over the roadway below at one point!

We really loved the campfire singalong at FW. We took the boat over from WL. We were there in early May, and they started selling s'mores around an hour before sunset, and then the sing-along started right about sundown, I believe.

I need to look at Robo's maps to see where you get the boat at MK. I am a Disney newbie. The boat ride does make sense on the way there. However, on the way back, I don't know the best route to avoid some of the Wishes crowd. I wonder if it would be worth it just to take a cab. I just need to look up the rules for cabs with a 4 year old in FL. I know they are posted around here. I don't know how comfy I feel about it but we'll see. I guess we could always take a bus from WL to DTD to AoA.

I need to look into going from WL to FW since I am not familiar with it at all. I assumed it was somewhere so close you could walk but I guess not. I will look into it tonight

I need to look into going from WL to FW since I am not familiar with it at all. I assumed it was somewhere so close you could walk but I guess not. I will look into it tonight

They are actually not that close. They just share the name "Wilderness".

Ariel1977 said:

You take a boat. It's a nice ride. You can walk on a wooded path, but it's not lit at night, so that only works in the daytime.

To the OP:

As a few others have stated, since the Canyon Skillet is an all you care to eat, there is no sharing. And yes, you can order it on the DDP. Another thing you may find enticing at WCC is that you can order the all you care to drink milkshakes and it counts as your beverage and not a dessert on the DDP. We do this and since we usually stay at WL, we order our dessert to go and eat it later for a late night snack.

Thanks! I have Robo's site saved, with all of his amazing maps! I figured that on the DDP, you would have to purchase separate meals for each person, no matter what you ordered.

That makes sense. Since we would likely use the DDP for that ADR, we'd just pick a less expensive place for another TS (like breakfast at Kona which is our least expensive ADR if we pay OOP).

I need to look at Robo's maps to see where you get the boat at MK. I am a Disney newbie. The boat ride does make sense on the way there. However, on the way back, I don't know the best route to avoid some of the Wishes crowd. I wonder if it would be worth it just to take a cab. I just need to look up the rules for cabs with a 4 year old in FL. I know they are posted around here. I don't know how comfy I feel about it but we'll see. I guess we could always take a bus from WL to DTD to AoA.

Usually, if we are eating a resort and need to bus back, we just pick the first park bus that comes along and then catch a bus to our resort from there!

There is a bus that runs between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. You can catch it out front with the other buses. There is a sign for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter