Whispering Canyon Cafe Brunch - Vegetarian w/ Allergies

Grand Koalafornian

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I would like to take my family (me: 36, my wife: 37, my mom: 72, my MIL: 77) to WCC for brunch during our trip in January. My mom and wife love buffets/all you care to eat and my MIL prefers being served, so I figure this is a good combo, plus it has great reviews and I love craftsman architecture. Everyone except me will want the Carnivore Skillet, but I'm a vegetarian. I am also allergic to cantaloupe, banana, and mango (my mom has the same allergies, but the carnivore doesn't come with fruit). My questions:
  1. Has anyone gotten the Lighter Side skillet without the meat, or been able to replace the meat with something else?
  2. If I have to get the turkey bacon & sausage, does anyone know if those can go on a separate plate from everything else? I don't like eating things that have touched meat.
  3. Does the fruit include any of the fruits I'm allergic to?
  4. If so, has anyone ever been able to get it without certain fruits? I can eat things that have touched them, so it's not a big deal. I would just feel bad to waste them or to make my wife eat them so I can get more berries and honeydew or something.
I know I can do dinner and get a plant-based skillet instead, but A) a TS dinner is harder to fit into my plans for the day, brunch works better, B) all our other TS meals are dinners C) the plant-based skillet sounds a little heavy for me, the lighter one actually sounds more my style, and D) I want Mickey waffles, everyone's a kid again with Mickey waffles!:mickeybar

When I went a few years ago for breakfast I got that skillet and asked for no meat. The waitress asked if I wanted anything else to replace those items or get extra of anything on the platter.I said no because it was plenty of food already. I do not remember what the fruit was but my Mom is limited to which ones she can have due to medicines and an issue with salt and I think she was able to ask them to only give her what she wanted. Disney is so good at accommodating allergies and other things
I am sure if you needed something on a different plate you could get it.

When I went a few years ago for breakfast I got that skillet and asked for no meat. The waitress asked if I wanted anything else to replace those items or get extra of anything on the platter.I said no because it was plenty of food already. I do not remember what the fruit was but my Mom is limited to which ones she can have due to medicines and an issue with salt and I think she was able to ask them to only give her what she wanted. Disney is so good at accommodating allergies and other things
I am sure if you needed something on a different plate you could get it.
Thank you! This is very helpful! I figured they would be, I know they're good with most allergies. Mine are just so unusual that a lot people tell me "I didn't know you could be allergic to those things!"

I will be keeping our reservations, in this case. Thanks again!

I know what you mean. My Mom a number of years ago developed an issue with salt. You would be surprised what food even some fruit and vegetables she has to stay away from because of too much salt. My Husband has a dairy allergy and also can’t have any spice that is hot. We love eating at Disney they are so wonderful.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to take my family (me: 36, my wife: 37, my mom: 72, my MIL: 77) to WCC for brunch during our trip in January. My mom and wife love buffets/all you care to eat and my MIL prefers being served, so I figure this is a good combo, plus it has great reviews and I love craftsman architecture. Everyone except me will want the Carnivore Skillet, but I'm a vegetarian. I am also allergic to cantaloupe, banana, and mango (my mom has the same allergies, but the carnivore doesn't come with fruit). My questions:
  1. Has anyone gotten the Lighter Side skillet without the meat, or been able to replace the meat with something else?
  2. If I have to get the turkey bacon & sausage, does anyone know if those can go on a separate plate from everything else? I don't like eating things that have touched meat.
  3. Does the fruit include any of the fruits I'm allergic to?
  4. If so, has anyone ever been able to get it without certain fruits? I can eat things that have touched them, so it's not a big deal. I would just feel bad to waste them or to make my wife eat them so I can get more berries and honeydew or something.
I know I can do dinner and get a plant-based skillet instead, but A) a TS dinner is harder to fit into my plans for the day, brunch works better, B) all our other TS meals are dinners C) the plant-based skillet sounds a little heavy for me, the lighter one actually sounds more my style, and D) I want Mickey waffles, everyone's a kid again with Mickey waffles!:mickeybar
We've eaten there several times in the past few months because a family member has a CM discount for WC and we love the breakfast. One of us has severe allergies (anaphylactic) but they are different than yours. I have zero allergies. Both of us have asked to substitute items and they really didn't seem to care what we we got. I wanted regular eggs with my "lighter side" for example. I cannot remember all the fruits but if you like blackberries - they were amazing and enormous. I could eat a little bowl of just that - haha! Also the fruit compote that comes with the light side was very good (seemed berry based).

Rather than having meat off the side of yours (If you don't want it and no one wants it), I'd ask them not to bring it and to sub in something you would eat (any plant based meat breakfast options?) or just bring you extra of something you want. I also don't eat much meat and I usually just take a bite of the sausage and bacon and leave it...it's not all that good compared to the other stuff. I'm not a fan of the egg white frittata - I usually like them but it seems a bit dry to me. Worth giving it a try however...maybe I've just had bad luck with it. I love the muesli (love it!), eggs, and waffles.

We've eaten there several times in the past few months because a family member has a CM discount for WC and we love the breakfast. One of us has severe allergies (anaphylactic) but they are different than yours. I have zero allergies. Both of us have asked to substitute items and they really didn't seem to care what we we got. I wanted regular eggs with my "lighter side" for example. I cannot remember all the fruits but if you like blackberries - they were amazing and enormous. I could eat a little bowl of just that - haha! Also the fruit compote that comes with the light side was very good (seemed berry based).

Rather than having meat off the side of yours (If you don't want it and no one wants it), I'd ask them not to bring it and to sub in something you would eat (any plant based meat breakfast options?) or just bring you extra of something you want. I also don't eat much meat and I usually just take a bite of the sausage and bacon and leave it...it's not all that good compared to the other stuff. I'm not a fan of the egg white frittata - I usually like them but it seems a bit dry to me. Worth giving it a try however...maybe I've just had bad luck with it. I love the muesli (love it!), eggs, and waffles.
Thanks! This is so good to hear! I was hoping I might be able to substitute it for a plant-based option. But even if not, I'd rather get nothing than have it touch something I want to eat. I was hoping that WCC would be better than most restaurants I've been to about substituting things. I am looking forward to the muesli, it looks so good!

I love berries! Blackberries, blueberries, rasp, straw, I will take all the berries! I would enjoy a bowl of just blackberries. Or any fruit bowl of things I can eat.

OMG, I typed this out on my morning 15 minute break, then didn't send it. Oops.

Thanks! This is so good to hear! I was hoping I might be able to substitute it for a plant-based option. But even if not, I'd rather get nothing than have it touch something I want to eat. I was hoping that WCC would be better than most restaurants I've been to about substituting things. I am looking forward to the muesli, it looks so good!

I love berries! Blackberries, blueberries, rasp, straw, I will take all the berries! I would enjoy a bowl of just blackberries. Or any fruit bowl of things I can eat.

OMG, I typed this out on my morning 15 minute break, then didn't send it. Oops.
I've only been having breakfast there since July so I don't know if their fruit changes but it was great. I don't see a meatless breakfast sausage/bacon on their menu so not sure if you can sub in anything for the meat except asking for more eggs or waffles, etc. It's all you can eat so I think they're happy to bring you more. I've never been able to eat what they gave me, much less any extra haha! The muesli is actually my favorite part - loved it so much I now make my own version at home for breakfast every day.

We ate here for brunch last September and my daughter was able to order a plant based version of The Heritage platter. Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture but I remember her loving the plant based sausages and Mickey waffles.

She liked it so much that she requested to go back and try it for dinner on our last trip over the summer, which was also a big hit.

We were just at WCC last week for brunch and they were as amazing as always for allergies. If Mickey waffles are your thing, they do have a waffle meal with berries and they are really good about substituting. That’s one thing we really like about WCC, they have the AYCTE skillets and regular entrees for us lighter eaters…not that I could eat all 4 Mickey waffles they brought out either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter