• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon Cafe, is it worth it?

Momma_Lanier

Mouseketeer
My kids will be 7, 4 and 2 when we go and I think the shenanigans will be hilarious for them. But is it worth it? Any recent reviews?

Worth is subjective, but when we go back we will definitely go to breakfast and get the "skillet". My 2 boys love it. I'm assuming my son's DW would also. :)

When we stayed at WL last August, DS (then 9) insisted we eat at WCC three times because he loved it so much. We definitely prefer the breakfast skillet over the lunch and dinner items. I guess it really depends on where you are staying or where you are traveling from to determine "worth". I didn't think breakfast was terribly expensive for what we got and the servers and atmosphere are always a lot of fun!

We only do one sit down breakfast because my "oldest", 27, is still a pretty picky eater and you really can't mess up breakfast. He can fill up on Mickey Waffles and bacon.

We are also big breakfast eaters. Not toast and tea kind of people. :)

Also your 2 oldests should love it, they legally get to run around the place during a meal because we all NEED KETCHUP!!!! ;)

WE went last June and it was really good. The antics were hilarious. The food was soooooo good! Plus, we had milkshakes and they were perfection. Definitely a must, your kids will get a kick out of it. Plus, the resort is gorgeous to walk around afterwards.

We only do one sit down breakfast because my "oldest", 27, is still a pretty picky eater and you really can't mess up breakfast. He can fill up on Mickey Waffles and bacon.

We are also big breakfast eaters. Not toast and tea kind of people. :)

Also your 2 oldests should love it, they legally get to run around the place during a meal because we all NEED KETCHUP!!!! ;)

Haha! I have heard about the Ketchup and I know my kids would love it!

I have loved Whispering Canyon since I made the mistake of drinking my diet coke to quickly and asking for a refill. The mason jar drink the brought me easily held 6 or more normal glasses.

OMG how fun!!! That is hilarious!

WE went last June and it was really good. The antics were hilarious. The food was soooooo good! Plus, we had milkshakes and they were perfection. Definitely a must, your kids will get a kick out of it. Plus, the resort is gorgeous to walk around afterwards.

I’m thinking the kids would love it! Did y’all do dinner?

When we stayed at WL last August, DS (then 9) insisted we eat at WCC three times because he loved it so much. We definitely prefer the breakfast skillet over the lunch and dinner items. I guess it really depends on where you are staying or where you are traveling from to determine "worth". I didn't think breakfast was terribly expensive for what we got and the servers and atmosphere are always a lot of fun!

Thank you! Any reason you prefer the breakfast skillet over the lunch/dinner?

I have loved Whispering Canyon since I made the mistake of drinking my diet coke to quickly and asking for a refill. The mason jar drink the brought me easily held 6 or more normal glasses.

LOL! When we went for lunch, my DS ordered the lunch skillet and some water. Our server came out with a gigantic tablecloth and tied it around him like a bib. He then served him three small cups of water - we referred to it as the water "flight" and convinced DS it was water from the Colorado River, the Snake River and the Rio Grande and asked him to do a taste test. It was hysterical! Asking for ketchup never gets old, either!

It was easily our favorite ADR last time we went. My kids were 7 and 5 at the time. It is our first night ADR this time because we have been looking forward to it so much!

ETA- we went for dinner

We do this every trip. We spend the morning at MK then take the WL boat over about 1pm and have lunch. We love the ketchup game and drinking your soda fast and getting a huge re fill. Food is great, we like the tuna on sourdough. You also have the option to opt out of the fun. After we have a look around and usually get the bus to DS.

Just make sure they seat you in the main area. Our last trip over Christmas, the restaurant was busy and they seated us in the back room. It is completely separate from the front main room so you can't really participate in any of the action. Our boys were a little disappointed. Next time, I'll request not to be seated there.

Just make sure they seat you in the main area. Our last trip over Christmas, the restaurant was busy and they seated us in the back room. It is completely separate from the front main room so you can't really participate in any of the action. Our boys were a little disappointed. Next time, I'll request not to be seated there.
Yes ..this. We also were seated in the back room. Felt like the lobby. Was disappointing listening to the rest of the restaurant having a great time.

Just be aware that you may see a list of all the "antics" that can happen. Allears.net has this warning.

Rumor has it if you want to "enhance" your experience -- try one or more of the following. IMPORTANT -- these are just suggestions! Depending on how busy the cafe is, servers may not be able to engage in tomfoolery!

PLEASE Note: It has been brought to our attention that someone reprinted this list and then got very upset with their server when all of the items mentioned below were not part of their dining experience. PLEASE don't expect your server to do this entire list or even anything from the list! It is merely a recap of what has produced some interesting antics from previous guest experiences. Whispering Canyon is a themed restaurant and chances are your server may engage in some tomfoolery. But please use this only as a guide for possibly having fun and not a list of expectations! Thank you!

I'm not going to publish the list in case you don't want any spoilers. ;)

I might suggest dinner at WCC. We did lunch there about two weeks ago, around 12pm. It was only half full so we didn't really see much of the antics. We saw the ketchup thing once but they only got about two bottles. It just wasn't as lively, loud, or fun at lunch when it's less crowded. We've been twice before for dinner and the restaurant was full and there was definitely more going on. Not sure how breakfast compares, but I'd expect it to be slower than dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter