Whispering Canyon or O'Hana

disneylandfamily

Mouseketeer
We will be taking our 3 children to WDW in August. They are 17, 14 and 11. Which would you choose? Whispering Canyon or O'Hana?

I can't speak to WC, since we haven't tried it (although I'd like to). On our first ever trip last year, for our first night, we did O'hana and loved it. I had learned from these boards exactly how to plan it. First, check the schedule for Wishes. Make a reservation for approx. 30 min prior and request a window table. Next, get there early, check in and again request a window table. (We were 40 min. early and just enjoyed sitting in the bar waiting area with drinks and big screen and also wandering the Poly.) Once you are seated, when it's time for Wishes to start, they dim the lights and pipe in the music. You get to watch the fireworks and the castle change color while you're eating. It was awesome!

I think they'll both be a bit beyond your 17 y/o and to some extent your 14 y/o. It's not until you hit 30, I think, that some of that corny stuff gets funny again. Of the two, though, I feel the overall atmosphere is better at 'Ohana, with Whispering Canyon being better only for younger children. By the same token, I feel the food is much better at Whispering Canyon. I found many items at 'Ohana to be too salty.

Okay I'm 32 and have a 2 year old so maybe that's why my vote is for Whispering Canyon :rotfl: but I have to say that they are both on our list of restaurants for our next trip. I think you will be happy with either one...and as already pointed out you can watch Wishes from your table or take the approach we do. We make sure our dinner is early enough we can get done and go out to the beach and find a spot to enjoy the fireworks. I would suggest getting close to a speaker though for this. I enjoy the fireworks alone but it's much better with the accompaniment in my oppinion.

DS17 loves WCC, he had his 17th birthday there!
it is a must-do for us! :sunny:
If a member of your party is shy, ask at the desk for a 'milder' waitperson or re-consider. Us, we like the hijinks!
Yes, the fireworks at Ohana should be lovely!

Jean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter