Whispering Canyon vs. Prime Time Cafe

fizz13

<font color=33cc99>Dreams about being stuck on Spa
My little girl is desperate to go to a meal that offers as much parental humiliation as possible so these two seemed the obvious choice. Which one is better for food, value, experience?
Thanks in advance,
Claire

I've done both finally and I preferred 50's Prime Time.

I preferred their kind of interaction and their food.

GWB_logo_100.gif
21_1_5v.gif

I'd say another vote for 50's Prime Time. I just did both last week (9/10-9/18/04) during our first WDW trip. The food was good at both, but at Wispering Canyon my kids (DS9, DD's 7 & 3) spent alot of time at the area with all the building logs right as you walk in and not at the table. It probably
depends on your childrens ages, but mine did not "get" all the yelling. All three kids grinned from ear to ear at Prime Time. Our "Cousin Lydia" at Prime Time took good care of us and new just how far to carry the act. She made the kids set the table and clean their plates, but it was the table next to us that really "got in trouble". The kids really enjoyed seeing a lady from the table next to us sent to the corner of the room for a "time out" as I think she was chewing gum and putting her elbows on the table. We all loved 50's Prime Time, it really had a fun atmosphere where Whispering Canyon just came off a little "too hokey" for us.

My vote goes to whispering canyon. This is the favorite restaurant of my 3 and 6 year old boys. They go out of their way to order ketchup and call the WL the ketchup hotel.

My vote goes to Prime Time. I find Whispering Canyon a bit too goofy for me. (Even if it is Goofy's turf and my home resort.) LOL
I love Prime Time , but then again it's from my era.

My vote goes for WCC. We did both in June and had much more interaction at WCC. We had an excellent waiter (Steve I believe) and was cconstantly picking on everyone. The kids DS8, 6 and 3 loved it. At Prime Time, Mom seemed to be always in a hurry. We will difinitely go back to WCC. The family does not want to go back to Prime Time. I would try it at least once though.

We too have done both and we like prime time best. We find WCC a little too much for us and the food choices are a little more limited there too. Both however are good if you want fun.

Jordans' mom

My little girl is desperate to go to a meal that offers as much parental humiliation as possible

While both are "fun" places.....

PT 50's is where your DD will see "partental humiliation". Parents are asked to set the table, did they wash their hands before coming to the table, no elbows on the table. Last visit, I couldn't finish my meal and the CM took an airplane spoon and forced feed me! It's all in good fun.

Please speak to the CM at ck-in and request a server who will interact (many have posted that they didn't get a "fun" CM). We usually ask for Auntie Claire.

WCC is fun .. but its for the kids, mostly.

We haven't been too Whispering Canyon yet. (Trying it this trip coming up.) However, we eat at Prime Time every trip. Last time we had Auntie Claire. She was great. Made my DH eat his green bean. I think she fed him too. I would highly recommend Prime Time. The kids love it too.

We have done both and 50's pT wins hands down. Food is wayyyy better and your "cousin" will find out just which buttons to push to get your family going. Real hoot!

Can't go wrong with either one, but if I had to pick I would say Prime Time because of the interaction is a little better. Food wise I would say WCC is better though.

We've eatan at WCC for lunch twice and didn't have hardly any of the fun that others describe. The food was goof, but no interaction.

On the other hand, Cousin Vinnie at 50's Prime Time was a blast. The special of the day was "Capons" (Chicken for short. For complete definition of capon see below). He called them coupons, and told me that I had to tell my cousins that were about to be seated at the next table, about the special.

I gave a brief description of the special. It wasn't up to Cousin Vinnie's expectations and I was abused for it. The wife was unable to finish her complete meal. Cousin Vinnie started to help her finish. She balked, and he sensed that my DW wasn't excited by his help and backed off.

Chicken capon - A capon is a castrated male chicken, so they become larger and fatter than other fowl when fully developed.

I have eaten at Prime Time twice and WC once. We had a much better time at Prime Time. Wc was kind of dead and our server didnt reaally liven it up much. WE even had ketchup at our table, which I hid so we could ask for some, and he just brought a bottle over. No whooping it up or anything.
If you go to Prime Time ask for Topher, he is great!! Feed my 14 yr old green beans (ds HATES them), lol.

I would agree with the Prime Time Cafe. We eat there every time we visit and have never had a bad time (or meal). We ate at WC once and our waiter was a dud. We tried all the hot-button issues (ketchup, Universal Studio's etc) and got nothing, although we saw other tables getting the treatment. I guess I've heard enough people say the WC is hit or miss whether you get a good interactive waiter where at 50's we've always had fun.

WC turned out to be a pretty expensive meal for food that was just ok (in our opinions).

If I remember right, WC hasn't always been planned to be a place where the waiters give you a hard time, liven it up, etc but it evolved into that... but not all waitstaff participate... so its hit and miss.

But PT has ALWAYS been that kind of place, it was part of the plan for the restaurant, so each waiter is supposed to be playing that role and even if they arent over the top goofy like some, they all participate a bit in the game.

So you're usually guaranteed a hard time at PT, esp if you request a very interactive waiter, while at WC you may not even be seated in the main area or have an interactive waiter.

We have eaten at PT sevearl times and LOVE the food there. Thats why we go. =)

Prime Time Cafe! It's funny, we ate lunch there two years ago, and it was slow. (The service was great, but we ate right as it opened so there were not enough patrons for 'humiliation.') DH wasn't impressed.

Last year, I insisted I wanted to go back because I loved the pot roast. (It IS to die for!) We booked dinner this time, and even w/PS's we waited about 15 minutes. The place was full of patrons this time, and lots of parents were subject to humiliation. DH loved it! We had 'Auntie Claire' and she was a riot!

DH wants to make 50's PT our first PS when we go this January!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter