White tents/cabanas at Magic Kingdom?

But this isn't a cruise it's a theme park. I would imagine a DCL vacation is more relaxed than a WDW vacation.
...yeah, I know. :confused3 I'm very familiar with DCL vs. WDW...

If you go back and read my post, I didn't say I thought it was a good idea or something that I agree with. Just my thought on where the idea came from.

These look terrible, but I recognize this is just Disney testing out an idea. From the photo it seems as if these are in the dead space between Space Mountain and the restrooms. This would actually be a good place for something like that since there is a small plot of land that is slightly out of the way. I think that if Disney is satisfied with the test we will definitely see better themed and more permanent structures. They don't want to blow the bank on a test; especially with an ever increasing budget for future projects. Right now these cabanas have such a visual disconnect between it looking cheap and being expensive.

As for this from a business standpoint its a fine line to walk. I do think the whale mentality of Vegas has become a part of Disney tourism business. The trouble is balancing how much to do for these big spenders vs the average guest. In the past few years it does seem as if we have seen far more offered that's out of reach for most of us and that has been some of the backlash that Disney has been getting. Such luxury offerings can, theoretically, keep down the costs for the average guest; but if guests has to alter their trip to accommodate such offerings that's were the problems occur.

Interesting. I don't see them being popular personally. Its not like a beach vacay, or even water park where people are looking for a place to chill and read a book. Park trips people are out for the parks.

Should be interesting to see if the test works well for them.

I'm oddly not that bothered by this. It's obviously marketed towards a specific demographic, and being that it's tucked away doesn't really take anything away from me. It's not like they're getting front of the line access - they get seating, snacks and Mickey ears, and essentially FP+ viewing for parades.

That being said, the tents are atrocious in terms of theming.

Oh and don't hate me... but I would book this.

If I were just going for the day and I had a group with me, I would do this. I wouldn't do it every time I went, but maybe I would do it for my birthday or if I had plans to be in the park from open to close and wasn't planning on staying overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter