Who’s excited about the Barbie movie?

Me! I didn't play with Barbie dolls as a kid and was very skeptical of a Barbie movie at first but the trailers sold me. I bought my tickets a few weeks ago and now my showing is 100% sold out. Can't wait to see it tomorrow - haven't been this excited to see a movie in a long time.

Me! I am camping this weekend so won't be seeing it, but my teenage daughters and I want to go. I was all about my Barbie's.

Nope.
I grew up with Barbie dolls....had a lot and played with them all the time.
My aunt made a ton of clothes for them. Won a contest with them (she only had a boy) so I got them.
My dd loved them too. Collected the Holiday special addition ones for years.

But.....movie, no thank you

My sister and I plan to go see it when our DHs go on their fishing trip in a couple of weeks. I haven't been to a movie theater in years!!! It looks cute. BUT btw, I didn't like Barbie dolls growing up. I did have every Tootsie Toy car when I was young, tho.:thumbsup2

Our adult *kids* went to see it last night. DS is a huge Ryan Gosling fan and DD just loved the whole campiness of a Barbie movie. They came back with pink heart glasses, pins, posters, pink cotton candy and a Barbie popcorn bucket. :laughing: They had lots of stories of people dressing up. They did say the movie felt more like an event than a movie. (No comments about the movie... spoilers :).)

Our adult *kids* went to see it last night. DS is a huge Ryan Gosling fan and DD just loved the whole campiness of a Barbie movie. They came back with pink heart glasses, pins, posters, pink cotton candy and a Barbie popcorn bucket. :laughing: They had lots of stories of people dressing up. They did say the movie felt more like an event than a movie. (No comments about the movie... spoilers :).)
My adult kid is taking his girlfriend to one of those movie parties tonight. She has a whole ensemble for the both of them to wear.

Nope.
My aunt made a ton of clothes for them. Won a contest with them (she only had a boy) so I got them.
My dd loved them too. Collected the Holiday special addition ones for years.

But.....movie, no thank you
My grandmother made my Barbie clothes. She made the most beautiful ball gowns for her.

It looks like a cute movie, but I'm going to wait till it's streaming.

My grandmother made my Barbie clothes. She made the most beautiful ball gowns for her.

I wanted to sew some Barbie clothes when I was young. I was taught to sew when I was young. Unfortunately, there was no eBay back then with people selling cheap bags of fabric scraps, like there is now. I'd have to buy a quarter yard of each fabric or piece of lace or trim I wanted. That was way too much for the little allowance I got. :(

I wanted to sew some Barbie clothes when I was young. I was taught to sew when I was young. Unfortunately, there was no eBay back then with people selling cheap bags of fabric scraps, like there is now. I'd have to buy a quarter yard of each fabric or piece of lace or trim I wanted. That was way too much for the little allowance I got. :(
My grandmother made the majority of our clothes including our school uniforms. So Barbie had all of my older sisters’ prom/homecoming/fancy party dress remnants made into Barbie clothes. Barbie was tres chic.

Went with our almost 18yo daughter last night here in Australia. Nearly every person in the theatre had either pink or something Barbie branded on.

Without giving anything away - it’s not all hilariously funny, it is actually quite poignant and thought provoking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter