• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who are the CD's for each of the DCL ships?

We were on the Fantasy in May, and our CD was Ray Smale. I wish the announcer had pronounced his name more clearly. Every time he was introduced, it sounded like Gray Snail.

Dh and I are trying to see how many we know...

Currently they are.....

Cruise Director:

Magic - Darren McBurney

Wonder - Christiaan Abbott

Dream - Clayton Lyndsey

Fantasy - Brent Davies

Assistant Cruise Director:

Magic - Carly Scott

Wonder - Molly Bartholomew

Dream - Trent Hitchcock

Fantasy - Lesley Dallas

MJ

Currently they are.....

Cruise Director:

Magic - Darren McBurney

Wonder - Christiaan Abbott

Dream - Clayton Lyndsey

Fantasy - Brent Davies

Assistant Cruise Director:

Magic - Carly Scott

Wonder - Molly Bartholomew

Dream - Trent Hitchcock

Fantasy - Lesley Dallas

MJ

How long is their contract and/or how long do they go on vacation/break between tours of duty?

How long is their contract and/or how long do they go on vacation/break between tours of duty?

I do not know for sure.....contracts can last about 4 months or so. They don't all start on the same day.

For example in the beginning of July we had Ray Smales as CD on the Fantasy and now it is Brent.

We had a different CD in May on the Magic then we did this past weekend.

on average they usually have 2 months off between contracts...give or take a week or so.

MJ

What happened to CD Rachel?

Woody

Rachel was the BEST! When we were on the Fantasy for the maiden voyage we asked where she was, because we had thought she would be the cruise director for the newest ship. We were told that she had retired from DCL and went to work for Walt Disney World, specifically at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Rachel took a job in entertainment at Animal Kingdom.

The contracts are made so that they do not start and stop at the same time. Each CM has an individual contract. So...the person in a position this week may not be on board next week OR may be on board in a different position. Frequently an ACD will do a stint as CD while the main person is on vacation--that's also part of the training process.

On our last Magic cruise, Peter was CD with Darren as ACD. Per MJ, currently Darren is serving as CD.

i *think* Ray was our CD on the Dream in Aug 2011
-- it definitely wasn't Rachel -- unless Rachel is a heavy set Australian guy

In January, our cruise director on the Wonder was Jimmy, who told me he started with DCL over 10 years ago as a teenager.

He seemed bright and happy, and an excellent "face" for the ship.

Who are the current cruise directors on the Magic and Dream? Or i should ask...does anyone know who the cruise directors will be at the end of September (Sept 22nd-Magic and Sept 30th-Dream)?

I saw Clayton on the news with Mickey and the gang in TX, so i'm guessing he will be sailing with the Magic out of galveston.

Thanks!

Currently it is Darren on the Magic and Clayton on the Dream, but that could certainly change by september.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter