Who are the nicest /rudest celebs you have met?

I attended a planned/paid for meet and greet with Kevin Richardson of the Backstreet Boys. He gives great hugs! And I think he is probably nice even when it's not a planned event. I might be biased because he is a huge crush of mine.

Danny White (formerly of ASU and the Dallas Cowboys, at the time the coach for the Arizona Rattlers) was at a hotel I worked at in college. I almost fainted and got his autograph for my mom. He was nice too.

I remember Danny White. Only combo punter/quarterback I've heard of. However, some college quarterbacks now get in the shotgun and kick the ball. The defense may not set up a returner in case they go for it instead of kicking.

I haven't really seen it, but I do recall talking to card dealers in Lake Tahoe about some of the celebrities who played there. Every year there's a big celebrity golf tournament, and the Harrah's Tahoe High Limit room is a popular spot for them. They've got signs asking people to respect their privacy when playing.

The player who is most notorious is Michael Jordan. He refuses to tip the card dealers. A generous tipper is Char,es Barkley. When they're at the same table, MJ apparently tries to talk Chuck out of tipping.

When "nice" celebrity encounters pop into my head, Donna Murphy, Jake Gyllenhaal, Chris Colfer, Jennifer Hudson, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Springsteen pop into my head. Springsteen was especially good about coming out to greet fans at the stage door during his Broadway stint, security prevented him from taking photos or signing anything but he made it a point to shake everyone's hand.

I don't hear terrific things about Darren Criss nowadays, which is disappointing since he started out as one of my favorites.

RUDEST: Roger Clemons of the Boston Red Sox. I will never forget and maybe he was having an off day, but I never liked him since. I took my young nephews to a country fest concert at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. We were leaving and my nephew, who IDOLIZED Roger Clemons happened to noticed he was walking about 3-4 people ahead of us. My nephew ran up and just said "Hi Roger!" and the man never even looked down. Little nephew figured he may not have heard him so he says it a little louder, "HI ROGER!" All the kid wanted was maybe a smile and a hello back, even a nod would have sufficed. Nope...just kept walking. I know these celebs go though hel when they are out in public, but he was a baseball player, and he knew little kids adored him. A smile and a hello would have been all it took to make my nephew's life. Wasn't even asking for an autograph.

NICEST: Rick Springfield. My fantasy husband. Finally got to meet him after 23 years of lust. He put his arm around me for a picture and kind of pulled me into him (****sigh****) Very tall, very nice......

Kim Novak, Robert Wagner, Eva Marie saint, richard Dreyfus, tab hunter, the late Ernest Borgnine. all lovely as can be. Met them all on the TCM cruises which tcm isn’t doing any more.

Nicest, a definite tie. We met Steve Buscemi in WDW at the GF when Armageddon came out. Actually we met the whole cats minus Bruce Willis( although we saw him having dinner) who left early. This was during the Demi Moore divorce. Steve Buscemi was very personable and was at the mice boats with my DS, they had quite the conversation. The 2nd is Steven Tyler met him multiple times always nice, down to earth.

The worst hands down - Kevin Spacey. We ate in a local restaurant at the same time as him and 3 or 4 of his party. He was demanding, rude & downright nasty to the wait staff. He acted like an entitled ***. Oh and we heard he didn't even tip - guess they were just lucky to be in his presence

I know this post is a year old but gotta say the currents events around Spacey are just awesome. I guess karma is a ......

I worked a celebrity golf tournament back in the late 90's and I drove a lot of the celebs around. Most of them were athletes, but a few actors sprinkled in for fun as well. The nicest was Adam Baldwin. He is NOT a Baldwin brother which was one of the first things he said to me when I picked him up from the airport. He said it in a joking manor and we hit it off. We spoke several times over the tournament and he even took me to dinner - I drove him the restaurant and he invited me to join him when I had planned on just dropping him off. It was a great meal and he was a lot of fun.

I never drove him, but I heard Craig T. Nelson was a jerk who insisted on smoking every time he was in someone's car. Rude. Another rude guy was Alex Hyde White - way too much of an attitude for a guy probably best known as Ralph Bellamy's grandson in Pretty Woman.

Shockingly, one of the nicer guys to me was Jim McMahon, the Chicago Bears QB. I had to pick him up from the airport and I was a bit nervous since I had heard he was a jerk. He was actually very pleasant. He introduced himself and made small talk as we waited for his luggage. We were having a nice conversation when he started being recognized. I could see the physical change in him. He got very uncomfortable with the attention and was standoffish to everyone who approached him. Once we got to the car and were driving, he relaxed again and we had a great drive. He saw me a few times over the tournament and always made a point to wave or come over and chat with me for a few minutes.

I can second the Jim McMahon comment. Years ago I was bartending part time at a golf club here in RI when they had a weekend celebrity golf tournament. On the last morning of the event I was alone in the bar when McMahon comes in sits at the bar and orders breakfast. It was just the 2 of us the entire time he was there and we talked and was so different from his public persona. Just a great guy.

I also met Johnny Bench at that tournament and words can't describe what a rotten person he is.

Others I met there were:

Mike Eruzione who scored the goal to beat USSR in the 1980 Olympics. GREAT GUY!!!

George Gervin. Very nice.

Bill Lambeer. See Johnny Bench description.

Gorman Thomas Milwaukee Brewer slugger who came across as an *** on tv. Possibly the nicest celebrity I have ever met. We talked the entire 4 days of the tourney when he sat at the bar. On the last night when he was leaving, he went out of his way to come over, shake my hand and thanked me for everything. He has a fan for life.

Mario Lemieux. My cousin played for him with the Pittsburgh Penguins. When he found out he busted me up the entire weekend.

My sister used to manage Club Level at a posh New York Hotel. She dealt with celebrities (and their people) all day long.

Her all time worst - Bono. She had been a HUGE fan and went home and threw out all of his music after his stay.

One of the weirdest - Janet Jackson. No one on the hotel staff was allowed to make eye contact with her. Prince was up there with her on the odd scale.

General jerk - Dave Matthews.

The best - there were two - Chad Kroeger (who knew??) and John Travolta (although more recent revelations about him turned that sour).

She could write a book.

My sister used to manage Club Level at a posh New York Hotel. She dealt with celebrities (and their people) all day long.

Her all time worst - Bono. She had been a HUGE fan and went home and threw out all of his music after his stay.

One of the weirdest - Janet Jackson. No one on the hotel staff was allowed to make eye contact with her. Prince was up there with her on the odd scale.

The best - there were two - Chad Kroeger (who knew??) and John Travolta (although more recent revelations about him turned that sour)

She could write a book.

Why would "recent revelations" about J. Travolta would turn his acting nice with people "sour". He was either nice, or he wasn't.

Last year I had quite the night w/ celebrities. I met Laura Gomez from Orange is the New Black. It's amazing what they can do w/ makeup, because she is gorgeous in real life! Wallace Shawn was there as well, and he was very kind. Aasif Mandvi was very gracious as well. Jesse Eisenberg was very nice, but he was with his baby, so I didn't want to bother him. Just said Hi in passing. Ironically, that same night, I walked up to my union president to thank her for the amazing event, but she clearly did not want to be bothered. Luckily, there were other union heads there whose graciousness and kindness took that sour taste out of my mouth.

My favorite story is how I met my BFF Stassi from Vanderpump Rules at the Ariel ride in DL. I looked like a hot mess in comparison, but she was nice enough to chat w/ me and take a selfie. I knew who she was because I love trash TV, but her name flew right out of my head at first. She was w/ her mom and brother, and her mom seemed happy that I recognized her daughter. My husband just shook his head at me and wondered why I couldn't be cool once in my life. lol, of course, he had no clue who Stassi was.

Why would "recent revelations" about J. Travolta would turn his acting nice with people "sour". He was either nice, or he wasn't.

The accusations involving massages turned her against Travolta. For example, let's say Harvey Weinstein was nice to her, she would no longer rate him as nice. Knowing more about someone can change your opinion of them.

That doesn't make sense to me. No matter one's opinion of someone, whether they were or were not "nice" when one dealt with them is an objective fact assuming we agree on what being "nice" means.

The best - there were two - Chad Kroeger (who knew??) and John Travolta (although more recent revelations about him turned that sour).

She could write a book.

Yeah the part of Dave Matthews dumping the toilet on his tour bus out on an overpass on the highway. Yeah great environmentalist. Another celebrity hypocrite.

The accusations involving massages turned her against Travolta. For example, let's say Harvey Weinstein was nice to her, she would no longer rate him as nice. Knowing more about someone can change your opinion of them.

But this thread is about people meeting celebrities and saying how nice/rude they were to them when it happened It s not about their moral character or lifestyle.

Last edited:
I recently met Puddles Pity Party after one of his concerts. (He puts on an fabulous show, if you ever get the chance, go see him!) He meets with his fans after each and every show, for pictures and cuddles. He was super sweet. We stood around watching him meet with everybody after my turn was over, and he was just wonderful with everyone. The line was long and the staff move you along, but he spent a few moments interacting with everyone. He even took pictures and interacted with the staff at the end. As they were wrapping up, my friends said that I should have had him sign my crown (I had made a little crown like the one he wears, and wore it to the show.) I was hesitant at first, because I was sure he was tired by then and I didn't want to impose. I also wasn't even sure if it were possible because I didn't have a sharpie. All of the sudden, I look over and see a sharpie in Puddles' hand. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or whether we were overheard, but I shyly approached and asked if he would sign my crown. He not only signed it, he bit it, trying to figure out what is was made of. It was awesome! He's also really good with his fans on social media. Genuinely very funny and kind!

The next one I never met personally, but I just found out that my cousin, a stage actor in NYC, is friends with Sally Struthers. He said "she is one of the kindest, most loving people in the universe." We see her perform every year at The Ogunquit Playhouse in Maine. She always does a fantastic job.

Last edited:
Penn and Teller come up aces. Never too busy to give a fan an autograph or post for a selfie :)

I met Anthony Rapp after his one-man show (he came to the lobby afterwards for autographs). He seemed very nice and sincere.
Others I have met have also been Broadway stars (Louise Pitre, Camilla Scott)...both really nice. I feel like there have been others too but can't think right now.

Sonia Eddy was super nice. I met her at California Adventure and she was kind enough to sign our picture when we rode California Screamin' together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter