• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who buys creative memories?

heartsy77

2024 taking the kids and grands to Disneyland !
I have a ton of creative memories stuff; I have purchased the storybook creator thinking of going digital. My consultant was a former friend so I was looking to buy online. They use to have a ton of Disney kits even in digital. The online catalog shows nothing Disney now! Did they stop carrying it?:confused3

You might try posting this on the Scrapbooking Board in the Creative Community forum.

I have a ton of creative memories stuff; I have purchased the storybook creator thinking of going digital. My consultant was a former friend so I was looking to buy online. They use to have a ton of Disney kits even in digital. The online catalog shows nothing Disney now! Did they stop carrying it?:confused3

They did stop carrying Disney.

If you need a consultant name to buy stuff under online I have one. She won't contact you etc.

Their Disney licensing probably expired and either CM or Disney decided not to renew it.

On Pinterest, the latest trend in scrapbooking seems to be just using pocket sleeves. Stick in your photos, but leave one pocket for journalling cards. There are TONS & TONS of free printable Disney journalling cards popping up in my Pinterest pins.

I think I even saw a thread of free Disney printable journalling cards somewhere in the Creative section here on the DIS. People are making them & posting to share.

You can do the journaling card digitally if you want. Its simply a 4x6 to slide in one of the photo pockets.

Here is just one gals collection of freebie printables. She has some Disney in there. If you click the picture, then click again, it takes you to the website to download it from. http://pinterest.com/charraee/freebies/

The large collection seems to start here & go for pages. http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/pixiesprite/library/Dis_Journal_Cards_Fillers?sort=3&page=1

A google search will probably bring up hundreds more.

If this was scrapbooking way back when I was trying to do it, I wouldn't have quit. Fast & easy. I didn't have the time to do it the other way.

Don't quote me, but I thought I had heard that Creative Memories were closing or scaling back. The Australian branch has definitely closed and I thought NZ and UK had also. But I don't know how this affects the US side of things.

Don't quote me, but I thought I had heard that Creative Memories were closing or scaling back. The Australian branch has definitely closed and I thought NZ and UK had also. But I don't know how this affects the US side of things.

Its possible. Stampin Up's new catalog just started yesterday & all the scrapbook specific items are gone. No albums. No page protectors. :confused3 Big shift to digital scrapbooking & printing as a book maybe?

And they reduced their digital software a few months ago from $80 to under $20. :thumbsup2

I know they are still bringing out new stuff here in USA but I do agree it's going more towards digital.

Creative Memories is in Chapter 11 reorganization right now. So that may be why there isn't any disney stuff available.

I use their storybook creator to do all my disney pages in digital form. However, I don't buy any content from CM. They are way too expensive for what you get. There are many places online to buy digital scrapbook stuff, including disney. You don't need to buy content from CM to use their storybook creator. Check out mousescrappers dot com for lots of ideas.

My consultant told me that Disney told CM they would not authorize them to sell more Disney stuff until all of their other Disney supplies were sold out. It's been at least two years. My consultant made me a custom scrapbook cover using one of our vacation photos. I love it!

As for other Disney supplies, I have bought from Michaels, JoAnn's, and scrapbook dot com.

CM is going to reduce their inventory to 50 separate items. No word yet on which items will make the cut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter