Who can I contact with a problem?

Dbktmc

Mouseketeer
Last week my family was in WDW and purchased a light saber in HS. The light saber didn’t work properly so we returned it to guest services at the Poly for them to replace it and ship it home to us. It has been over a week and we haven’t heard from Disney or received our new lightsaber. I want to contact guest services but can’t find a number to do so. Can anyone provide that information?

I'm sorry I don't know the number, but I'd call the main booking number and see if they can transfer you? Or Google the number for the poly and call them directly? I would want a status update, too, but it might take a while to ship. Not sure

A week isn’t really that long. I’m sure your light saber is not at the top of their priority list. And I would hardly call this a problem
Helpful! 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
OP, I’m not sure if this will work but you could get on the disneyworld website and oftentimes the chat feature automatically pops up. You could try doing that? If they can’t help you directly they may be able to get you in touch with people who can. Good luck!

Call the number on the receipt they gave you at Poly. If you just gave it to them and did not get a recept for the transaction contact the resort.

Helpful! 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
OP, I’m not sure if this will work but you could get on the disneyworld website and oftentimes the chat feature automatically pops up. You could try doing that? If they can’t help you directly they may be able to get you in touch with people who can. Good luck!
In all seriousness though, when we bought light sabers in July and had them shipped home they told us 5 business days and that was for our normal order. It might take a little longer yet but I'd be getting anxious and wanting to see who to follow up with, too.

If they kept it they should have given you an incident report (so to speak) with a reference number on it. Merchandise Guest Services is the dept that handles issues with in-park purchases. 877-560-6477 or email merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com Since you dealt with GS at the Poly, I’m not sure if or how they’d have a record of it, though, unless you do have a reference number, but you can try.

If they kept it they should have given you an incident report (so to speak) with a reference number on it. Merchandise Guest Services is the dept that handles issues with in-park purchases. 877-560-6477 or email merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com Since you dealt with GS at the Poly, I’m not sure if or how they’d have a record of it, though, unless you do have a reference number, but you can try.

Thanks for this information. Actually, they didn’t give me an incident report number and they kept the original receipt. They thought it would be in the mail by Monday morning but I am worried as I don’t have any information from them. I tried to call but they aren’t open on the weekends. I’m going to try to call tomorrow.

If you have any merchandise receipt from your trip, at the top is a number for mail order. I would call them and ask if they can assist you.

It was a $200 light saber. Why are you so miserable? Is this all you have to do on a Sunday afternoon?
I agree with her. A week is an entirely unreasonable amount of time to have expected anything by now.

Even if they had a magic wand at the Poly gift shop, standard ground shipping takes longer than a week. Everyone expects everything on Amazon Prime timelines and that's unreasonable.

They said they'd fix or replace it and I'm sure they will. Shipping takes longer than a week.
That doesn't mean they didn't have a problem. They did. They want to follow up. There is no reason to tell the poster they don't have a problem.

I hope your confidence in it being handled properly turns out to be right for the poster's sake.

Last edited:
Thanks for this information. Actually, they didn’t give me an incident report number and they kept the original receipt. They thought it would be in the mail by Monday morning but I am worried as I don’t have any information from them. I tried to call but they aren’t open on the weekends. I’m going to try to call tomorrow.

Wait, you gave them the light saber and the receipt and didn't get anything back with pertinent info on it? Did you take a photo of the receipt first?

I’m sure you are telling the truth, but without any reference number or receipt you might find it frustrating to find information. Hopefully the hotel has the incident associated with your folio or under your name. Nothing in your email, I assume?

From what you posted it looks like you have nothing to prove you ever bought it. Is the purchase on your resort bill or on a credit card you can look up. Give it 7-10 business days and the mail can be incredibly slow also

They have cameras everywhere. Hopefully you remember the cm name, time of day and where you handed it to cm. That would all be on tape if there is a problem, or for peace of mind since you didn’t get a reception or any type of confirmation.

OP, have you checked your credit card to make sure the CM didn’t just issue a refund, instead of the replacement? I also think it would take longer than a week to get the new one. Unfortunately Disney departments don’t communicate well with each other. I would imagine it taking a few days just for the item to get from Poly to Studios, then get the return processed. Then a week - 10 days for shipping, minimum.

I totally understand it is a problem that your $200 light Sabre didn’t work. But I can’t see myself handing over a $200 item with no receipt & trusting that I wouldn’t need proof of purchase or returning it. Especially leaving town without it. I would have requested a receipt of some kind before walking away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter