Who did YOU see at Goofy's Kitchen?

Purplegal

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious, because we did GK a couple years ago with my DD, and it was ok...just saw Goofy, Chip, Pluto, and the Mad Hatter (that DD was terrified of).
I did not plan to go back again.
Now I am reading all these reports of seeing various characters like Princesses, etc at GK...WTH? I wonder why we saw so few characters?? It was a brunch time, I think 10 am...

Anyway, can you tell me if you went recently what characters you saw? And if you would choose GK or Minnie Breakfast at the Plaza? I'm trying to decide which one... We are already booked at Ariel's Grotto, my almost 5 yr old DD loves all things Princess the most.:thumbsup2
popcorn::

Thanks!!

We had dinner at GK Christmas Day. We saw Goofy, Minnie, Capt Hook, Cinderella & Pluto.

The next morning we ate breakfast at Minnie's and saw Minnie, Fairy Godmother, Tigger, Eeoyre, Max, Benny the penguin from Mary Poppins, One of the female mice from Cinderella, Rafiki, Gepetto, Pinocchio, Capt Hook & Dale.

Based just on number of characters which it sounds like is your criteria...I would choose Minnie's although our favorite was our last day of our trip at Mickey's surf's Up.

We were there Sept 2010 and we saw goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Aladdin, Princess Jasmine. DS had a great time, food was mediocre, but the enjoyment our son got out of it made up for it and more!!

Everyone's experience is going to be different. There is no guarantee of who is going to be at Goofy's (or any character meal) on any given day.

I've been eating at Goofy's since 1992, so I think I can safely say that I've seen a wide variety of characters come and go over the years. In the old days, when Goofy's was the only character meal at DLR, there were lots of characters. They would come at us, fast and furious, to the point where we couldn't get bites of food. Some people like it that way - I, on the other hand, like a nice mix of a handful or characters and I like to be able to eat my food!

When DLR began adding in more character meals years ago, fewer characters began appearing at Goofy's. I have no clue why DLR decided to handle things that way, given that they charge a lot of money for Goofy's.

Currently Minnie & Friends seems to have the most characters (but consistently mixed - even bordering on negative - reviews of the food). You may see anywhere from 8 - 14 characters at Minnie & Friends. Some folks say it is the best one out of all the meals. Other folks say it is too disorganized and chaotic!!:rotfl2:

All of the character meals except for Minnie & Friends seem to average at about 5 characters, give or take a few on certain days. Goofy's generally has anywhere from 4-8 onsite at any given time (and I am counting the one at the entrance for the photo op), but basically that's considered premium dining because of the wide array of food items in the buffet. Ariel's is considered premium dining, too.

I can say that whenever my friends and I are at Goofy's, we see Goofy, of course. We usually see Baloo, we usually see Pluto, we usually see Chip & Dale, and we usually see a couple of Princesses (who can differ), so it's about 7 characters on most of our visits. Sometimes it may be 6 characters. Sometimes it's 5. I'm only stating what the norm has been for us in a long history of eating there, and, specifically, what the average has been in the last few years. We've also seen the Mad Hatter and Alice. We've seen Max. We've seen Aladdin and Prince Phillip. We've seen Captain Hook. We've seen the Genie. Others have seen Honest John and Gideon. Others have seen Minnie. Some have seen the Fairy Godmother. (In the old, old days [pre-Critter Breakfast and pre-Minnie & Friends], we used to see Rafiki, Meeko & Timon, Jafar, Tigger, Roger Rabbit, etc.)

So I think, as Sherri said, that if the criteria is seeing the most characters, Minnie & Friends is the best bet. At any of the other meals, you don't really know if you will see 3, 4, 5 or 6 characters. And if meeting Princesses is the most important thing, then Ariel's is the guarantee for that (though it will still only be about 5 Princesses). I don't think there is any reason for you to try Goofy's again if you didn't really like it too much the first time.

If you want to see a princess Minnie's is out. They have more characters but we have never seen a princess there.

We've seen Jasmine, Belle in peasant outfit, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie and Baloo last November. I think there was one other character, but I'm blanking right now...

When we were at Goofy's Kitchen last July for dinner we saw: Goofy, Princess Aurora, Chip, Dale, Jasmine, Baloo & Pluto.

Last Summer we ate at both Goofy's and Minnie's. At Goofy’s we saw Goofy, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Aurora and Mulan. We saw Pluto across the restaurant, but he never made it to our area while we were there. At Minnie’s we saw Fairy Godmother, Pooh, Eeyore, Hook, Rafiki, Max, Chip, and Dale. We are WDW people and we thought both of these character meals were better than any of the character meals at WDW (princess meals excluded). There was better character interaction than you usually get at WDW- especially at Minnie's. DD was doing the Macarena with Hook and dancing with Max and Rafiki. We thought the food at both was good too. We also did Ariel's Grotto, and it was a standard 5 characters, just like most of the WDW character meals. It was run pretty much exactly the same as WDW. The food was mediocre, but the characters were good, especially Ariel herself.

I think I saw another post on here where someone said they had only seen 3 characters while at Goofy's. If I had gotten not gotten 4 or more, I would not have been very happy. I would have expected 5.

The characters change up all the time, and each time I have gone ive seen some new characters. I will tell you a few of my experiences.

1. Gepetto, The fairy God mother, Goofy, Pluto, Alice, Mad Hatter, Aladdin and Jasmine were coming in as we were leaving

2. Pluto, Goofy, The White Rabbit, Daisy, Minnie Mouse, Princess Aurora, The Mad Hatter,

In the first week of December 2010 we were there, saw Snow White, Cinderella, Dale, Capitan Hook, Pluto, Goofy, and that's all I can remember. But we did have good interaction with the few characters that came to our table.

We were just there March 15th for a 5:30 dinner. We've been to Disney World 4 times - all with character meals, and this was BY FAR the BEST character dining experience we have ever had! The characters stayed longer at the tables. We got the Mad Hatter having a 5+ minute hilarious conversation with my kids. We also saw Pluto, Chip & Dale, Donald, Minnie & Aladdin.

We enjoyed the massive amounts of fruit, salad & dessert bar.

We were just at GK 2 weeks ago (10:30 reservation) and saw Baloo & Goofy taking turns doing the photo op in the lobby.
Inside we saw Pluto, Chip, Dale, Fairy Godmother, Snow White and Mulan.

We were tucked back some in a little side room which is kind of nice (makes for a quieter and more peaceful dining experience in between characters), but I did have to step out and call to Dale to make sure he came in to see us since he had walked by twice without coming in (you can't see Chip without Dale!).

Past Visits we have also seen Alice, the Mad Hatter, Aladin, The Evil Queen from Snow White, Belle and probably a few other random characters.

We were at Goofy's Kitchen on March 22nd for dinner and had a 5:40pm reservation. We checked in at 5:20pm were seated at about 5:55pm. We saw Goofy on the way in (they take a photo of your family with Goofy before you enter, and then try to sell it to you later for $32. Not worth it, considering the photographer will take a photo with your camera, if you ask).

We only saw 3 characters during dinner (Chip, Minnie and the Mad Hatter), and only 2 of them came to our table (Chip and Minnie). We were there till about 7:25pm (so we were there for 1.5 hours).

From reading all these posts, it seems like the mornings are better on all accounts (less wait times to get in; more characters to be seen). If I go back, I'd be inclined to book a breakfast reservation.

But...I suspect it's a bit of a toss up, but we still enjoyed ourselves even with only having met a few characters. It was our first character meal, and it was a nice build up to the rest we had later on in the week.

Worth it alone for the selection of food for dinner - there was some really great stuff. And spectacular desserts!!!

in all the years i have gone to GK i have seen goofy, chip, dale, baloo, mad hatter, mulan, alice, jasmine, and pluto.....i hate that no other characters are ever there! last nov was the first time we saw mulan there though, that was exciting. i always love seeing the mad hatter because his interactions are priceless!

i have also done the plaza inn with minnie, we saw a lot more characters in there, cap. hook, minnie, tigger, pooh, again the mad hatter, alice....others i cant remember it was back in '08, they're pretty much the same though. i personally prefer the brunch at GK.

We were there 2 weeks ago and saw Goofy (check in area for pics only), Peter Pan, Dale, Baloo, Pluto and as we left we spotted Mulan across the way...

When we were at Goofy's Kitchen last July for dinner we saw: Goofy, Princess Aurora, Chip, Dale, Jasmine, Baloo & Pluto.

:thumbsup2 This + Snow White, Cinderella, Mad Hatter & Alice.

Mad Hatter & Alice showed up together & they were sooooo much fun!

We were there March 18th for dinner at 7:00. We saw Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale and Aladdin. Somehow Dale missed our table but they took DD over to the section he was in to get a quick pic and autograph. We liked the food and had great service.

In Feb at dinner we had Pluto, Aladdin, Snow White, Cinderella, Minnie, and some penguin guy.

We were there in mid-March for breakfast and saw: Goofy, Pluto, Balou, Jasmine, Aladdin, Chip and Dale. The breakfast was out of this world, rivalling our favorite at 1900 Park Fare. If anyone knows how to get the recipe for the cajun scrambled eggs from Goofy's Kitchen, shout back. They were to die for!

Just wondering has anyone bought character dining through get away today vacations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter