who do I call to complain??

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
I have a huge complaint about my last stay through my DVC it is really the hotels fault have contacted DVC they told me to eamil guest services for disney that was three weeks ago no response..HELP!! what to donow....

Did you attempt to solve this while still on site? If not, there is a specific person you are supposed to contact. I can't remember who it is though, because it has changed a couple of times. I'll bump this up so maybe someone who knows the name can respond.

Ok I will try and keep it short and too the point..
First we arrived and the room was dirty fithly I mean you know what in the toliet still..Sure you can figure it out...
So they sent a runner within twenty minutes with a new key for a room few doors down...then it turned out it was the same room we had last year so this was awesome loved the location etc......
We walk in and all we can smell is smoke...Let me give you a bit of background first..I had a pneumo thorax this winter in lamen terms a collapased lung..Three surgeries later and 20% of my lung removed and three months of in and out of the hospital and having a tube two feet of it jammed into my chest while Ii was wide awake the second time is nothing I will ever wish to have done again or to my worst enemy...
Dr. told me ok to fly never ever can scuba dive will collapase immedi..and never under no circumstance breath in second hand smoke espec..cigarates..It will collapase..be very cautios he said if you leave a rest. and see someone smoking go out a diff. exit, etc...
So ok seemed easy enough..This room was supposed to be nonsmoking..Called the front desk explained the stiutaion and told them there were butts in the trash can..can not stay in this room..told us nothing they could do open the windows and someone could spray room freshener..Dh gets on phone says wife has been sick, etc.. they say if she has been so sick why you here then..rude with a capaital "R."
They send someone to spray gross stuff..then we lay on the bed it stinks they say someone can come change the sheets and comforter but will cost us..BS DH says ok waive charge room stinks sooooooooooo bad every time we enter it...we sleep with the windows and the slider door open they never seemed to care..I even called my dr. from WDW to see if this was going to be ok he said what can you do and hopefully it will be ok and said to ask them if they know how to insert chest tube if something should happen..Dh tells the manager this he says very funny and that they can not control where and what room people smoke in..If I did not enjoy disney sooooooooo much I would ? wehter or not to go back...,..
I called member service when we returned they gave me the email to send a letter to..for complaints guest srvices..i did and sent it to member srvices as well nothing..I think they should contact me...but who do I contact now...HELP>>
DH says forget it and I say no this is my health..

That's terrible. I can't imagine being in a smoking room and I only have allergies. In reading many posts, I hope that Disney gets it together with customer service. I certainly love my visits but cusotmer service is so important. Old saying, "If you don't take care of the customer someone else will."

I thought all the rooms at SSR were going to be non-smoking. Did I dream that?

I think DVC should start charging a cleaning fee for people who insist on smoking in non-smoking rooms. Other resorts do it. If they are told $200 will be tacked onto the bill if housekeeping detects smoke, that might nip that problem in the bud. I have asthma, and I too can not tolerate left over smoke. I have been known to sleep in the car when a motel room smelled of smoke. It's easier than being sick for days.

I should of slept in the car if I had one....we did not rent a car this time/..

who should I compalin tooooo????????????????

I would call Member Services and ask to speak to a Manager and get some traction going here - they cannot just pawn you off to guest services e-mail

Another route would be to call the DVC Executive Office - I do not have the contact info handy here - but you would want to track down the head of DVC - I think the name is Jim Brown ???

This is a very bad situation that I totally support you continuing to pursue on behalf of all us

Walt Disney World Resort - Disney Vacation Club General Info & Sales
Orlando, FL 32830
(407) 566-3100

thanks
jaysue

dianeschlicht said:
I think DVC should start charging a cleaning fee for people who insist on smoking in non-smoking rooms. Other resorts do it. If they are told $200 will be tacked onto the bill if housekeeping detects smoke, that might nip that problem in the bud. I have asthma, and I too can not tolerate left over smoke. I have been known to sleep in the car when a motel room smelled of smoke. It's easier than being sick for days.
First they have to train the CMs to stop telling people it's OK to smoke in a non-smoking room. To get permission, apparently all you have to do is complain that you didn't get a smoking room. If you don't believe me, call housekeeping from a non-smoking room sometime and ask for an ash tray.

Best wishes -

Kritter, I suggest you contact Carli D'Agostino, the DVC Members Satisfaction Manager. She can be reached through Member Services.

Carli D'Agostino
DVC Member Services
200 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747

Did you try to speak to a manager at the DVC resort where you stayed?

I don't know who at DVC said to contact WDW Guest Communicaitons, but perhaps they thought you meant a WDW hotel. I wasn't sure whether you were at a DVC resort or another WDW resort either until I reread you post. Did I miss something - just curious ... at which DVC resort did this happen?

Also, Jim Lewis is the Senior VP & General Manager of DVC. I suspect that if you contacted him, he would forward the info to someone like Carli &/or the resort GM. I am a fan of working up the chain of command rahter than starting at the top.

thanks and thanks for being so supportive I was starting to thisnk I was jsut asking for tooo much.

While I think you should complain and I'd be ranting like anything, I'm confused.

Your doctor says second hand smoke could kill you or send you to the hospital, and you stayed and kept the windows open? I guess I'm grabbing the next cab over to the Hilton at DTD or Portifino Bay and putting my DVC membership up for sale when I get home. (Actually, given the current "non-smoking is not a guarentee and we will hand a smoker an ash tray in a non-smoking room" situation, I wouldn't own DVC if non-smoking were a medical requirement for my family - too much risk). And you didn't just move back to the old unclean room and demand it get cleaned? As dirty as it was, that can be fixed - a smokey room can't be.

I am so sorry you had a horrible time!!! I just don't know how this can happen? This is just not acceptable. We have had a somewhat simular experience at another DVC resort. Sometimes I feel as though I am treated like a second class citizen because I belong to DVC. I am not sure some of the CM's realize that we pay a lot of $$$ to belong to DVC and we are coming back each year to spend more $$$. I hope Disney does a better job at training these (very few) CM's and start to realize just how important we DVCers are.
I hope you keep us updated on your response.

How you and your family were treated is totally unacceptable.
I hope you get the satisfaction you deserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter