• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who do you think was the most gifted of these 80's Hair guitarists?

Foxhound3857

Mischief Managed
1. CC Deville (Poison)
2. Mick Mars (Motley Crue)
3. Michael Schenker (McAuley Schenker Group)
4. Vito Bratta (White Lion)
5. George Lynch (Dokken)
6. Reb Beach (Winger)
7. Dave Sabo (Skid Row)
8. Erik Turner (Warrant)
9. Michael Smerick (Cinderella)
10. Bill Leverty (Firehouse)

No need to mention the greats like Randy Rhoads, Slash, or Eddie Van Halen, those guys were Gods on Mount Olympus, looking down at the rest of us mortals.

Personally my vote goes to Reb Beach, as Winger is an incredibly tight group in general and his technical and harmonics skills are right up there with the best of them. But a lot of my family are George Lynch fans. Apparently Dokken was huge in the 80s to a lot of people, which is surprising to me.

I have no clue who any of these are and so I asked my DH (who plays guitar). His vote from this list is Mick Mars.

I would say George Lynch.

On a side note, here I am with Reb back around 1993.

Attachments

• 4F471ABA-78EF-4920-A508-6DF4A490E57A.jpeg
    4F471ABA-78EF-4920-A508-6DF4A490E57A.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 17

Gut instinct for me is CC Deville, but Mick Mars did rock despite his medical condition, and that's nothing to sneeze at.
...I also didn't realize Dokken was that popular. I remember "Dream Warriors" from Nightmare on Elm Street 3 aaaaand that's about it for my knowledge of Dokken songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter