• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who does the vacation, date night, etc planning in your relationship?

Disneygrl71

Mouseketeer
I do 100% of ours, even the suggesting of. I enjoy it, especially vacation planning.

My parents where always 50/50 but my momma always did the planning part (mainly vacations) with my dads input.

When we decide on a vacation I plan all the logistics of getting there and back, the wife plans what we do when we are actually there.

Besides Disney, I let my wife or wife/kids decide where they want to go and then I do 100% of the planning.

I really enjoy this when it's a new place. My wife and I went to Hawaii for the first time this past Spring and I loved learning all about the islands and activities.

We discuss what we both want most to do--which park when and where to make ADRs.

That's the extent of my contribution. DH loves all the planning details and does it brilliantly.

Me, I'd rather book a room, get there and just wander about seeing what looks appealing for everything else. I hate how much has to be planned and scheduled months in advance for an enjoyable WDW stay. As a result, I'm delighted that DH enjoys all that boring detail stuff.

We don’t do formal “date nights” - if we want an evening out we just decide together what to do, or if one of us has heard of something interesting going on, that person gets the tickets or whatever. For vacations, we start kicking ideas around in advance and once we’ve settled on a destination and a time frame, I do the specific research and booking. I always check with him to be sure the accommodations and activities I’ve found are agreeable beforehand. DH makes sure the money is where it needs to be for payment.

We have never done specific planned "date nights", so I would say that's probably 50/50 with input from both. If it's planned in advance, it's something that one of us randomly suggested-- like "Blank is playing at X next Friday. Do you want to go?" Typically it's more like "Hey, I feel like going somewhere tonight. What are you in the mood for?"

For vacations we discuss the where and when together. My husband will do research by watching videos, learning about culture/archaeology/etc. But I do all of the logistics planning and booking of things.

I mostly travel with my sister and we both plan. I usually do the actual booking and pay for everything as we go, as we've found it's easier to figure out who owes what that way, but we both research and decide what we want to do and where to stay.

Growing up, my dad was the planner 100%. My mom went along for the ride.

Me - everything always me - if not there would be nothing happening ever
No vacation
No food
No laundry
They would be sitting on the couch in a dirty house hungry staring at a tv that would not work as electric and cable would have been turned off for lack of payment wondering where I was (?) to lazy to get up and look for me - oh and telling my I’m drama Queen even thou this is what they do Haa haa
I keep telling them the next vacation is ME by myself !!! No one believes me 😏

When I was married, I planned it all and it was an area of contention for me.

Now I travel with my kids when I can (they are 17, 19, and 21), and I make reservations and say these are the things I’d like to do and I leave room for suggestions from them and spontaneity.

I'd say our house is an even split. We both love travel so its often a toss up for who books the next vacation first. Not sure we actually qualify as having date nights, we do a lot of couples and family things, but they tend to be organic in our lifestyle.

I do almost 100% of the planning. I love planning a trip almost as much as actually going on the trip itself! I keep DH apprised of what has already been booked, but he is happy to be along for the ride. Same goes for going out to a new restaurant or any day trips we might take - I ask if it’s something he thinks he’d like to do, and if he says yes then I proceed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter