Who else is freaking out their spouse is going to accidentally order the $5,000 cocktail in Hyperspace Lounge on the Wish?

There is some kind of liquor on the Dream and/or Fantasy that is $1500 or $1800 a shot. I remember the episode of Cake Boss when they made a cake for the Dream's anniversary and were onboard. The family was having dinner in Palo, I think and Buddy bought a shot of it.

It doesn't surprise me that they upped the ante on the Wish.

MJ

It's really no different from having Lamborghini and Bentley available to car buyers. There are plenty of people who spend $5K like ordinary people spend $50. How many of those people would sail on DCL is another story.

LAX
If I could spend 5000 on a shot I'd have my own yacht. Forget DCL.

In case someone hasn't noted this, I think it's intentional that this drink "experience" is all the way down in the menu, below even the non alcoholic drinks.

And Disney has turned Repo cruises into a premium prices cruise. On other lines they generally offer bargain basement prices because most folks don't want a Repo cruise.
Most other lines will offer longer itineraries through the year though, so if you want a longer cruise you aren’t just doing a PC or TA cruise. You could do a 10/11 day southern and not be limited to one cruise a year.

Disney can sell those at a premium as they know people want longer cruises. Maybe that’s why they don’t offer them more regularly, even though I think they would be a good way to fill ships from Miami.

There is some kind of liquor on the Dream and/or Fantasy that is $1500 or $1800 a shot. I remember the episode of Cake Boss when they made a cake for the Dream's anniversary and were onboard. The family was having dinner in Palo, I think and Buddy bought a shot of it.

It doesn't surprise me that they upped the ante on the Wish.

MJ

Yes, Meridian on both ships has carried a bottle of rare cask Louis XIII cognac that retails in the tens of thousands of dollars.

So the way I figure that's about the cost for us to get any drink on DCL if I average out are cruise fares over the last 18 years. 💰💰💰💰💰

Curious what the "Hyperfuel Coaxium Trio" for 250 dollars is. It's listed on the menu right before the 0-proof cocktails. Has anyone seen pictures or have ideas?

I saw on Scott Gustin's twitter that the $5K drink comes with (among other things) entry to Skywalker Ranch, which is not open to the public. So...that's actually pretty cool. If I had $5K to drop, that's something I'd definitely do as a once in a lifetime opportunity kind of thing.

After watching video of the recent brawl on a carnival cruise, seems like they need to cap the number of drinks per day to a much lower number.
Yes. But to me, drinking 15 drinks a day is mind blowing. I sure couldn't function with that much alcohol in me and I'm 6'2" and 230 pounds.

There are other bars in the world that have drinks that cost up to 4 times or more than this one. It’s a gimmick thing, rich people (and sometimes just plain old foolish ones) will sometimes indulge in. Not that big a deal. I cant justify that kind of expense, but nothing against someone who does. All good.

I saw on Scott Gustin's twitter that the $5K drink comes with (among other things) entry to Skywalker Ranch, which is not open to the public. So...that's actually pretty cool. If I had $5K to drop, that's something I'd definitely do as a once in a lifetime opportunity kind of thing.

You can actually join Skywalker’s wine club for much much cheaper than that (I’m a member) and then you’re able to visit the ranch.

Here’s what the Kaiburr Crystal includes, for anyone interested:
92F97A4D-8B34-4F97-9D51-058EA6BA3D35.jpeg
05A976B1-E55F-40FC-A3F2-0BEB4F1B69E2.jpeg

Attachments

• 22C23CC8-007B-4EDF-B221-D89FF3ECECB4.jpeg
    22C23CC8-007B-4EDF-B221-D89FF3ECECB4.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter