Who else thought that Lights Motors Action was way over hyped?

I agree - over-hyped. Plus my daughter fell down the steps and spent the rest of the trip in a wheel chair. No good memories from that show.:)

Once was enough!! We are going in Nov with another couple that havent seen it. I hope to just bypass :rolleyes1 this one without them noticing.

My dh and I have no plans on seeing it, but tell me..

What exactly did they remove from the Backlot Tour?? :scared: That was one of our fave things from MGM.

Liked the show the 1st time...

2nd time around okay

3rd time...boring

but I am not nor is my family a race car person

other people I was with last trip were total NASCAR people and totally loved this show

so..
different strokes for different folks

I found it ok... but after 20 min, was ready to see other things... my sis also found it just ok... my DH liked it a lot, but he likes cars and speed... I saw it once and would not go out of my way to see it again.

I am amazed so many people agree with my thoughts... I saw it once and that's enough... forever!

I especially disliked the noise of the motors- cars shouldn't sound like cheap motorcycles with two cylinder engines. I understand they used those engines to cut down on the weight, but I cringe when I hear that sound. I do however admire the rumble of a "Harley"- that is what a motorcycle sounds like!

I first saw this show at Universal Studios, CA, in 1987. Not exactly the same script- but this new version is boring.

If this was the gift from Disneyland Paris for the 50th... can we return it?

I am just happy to know that I am not the only person who think LMA was way over hyped.
I didn't think it was overhyped, but it was really nothing to write home about either. It was a cool show to see once, but I'm not running to go see it every time we visit the park.

CR, do you mind me asking, what DO you like about WDW?? It really seems like you never have anything good to say about it :confused3

Honestly, I was bored with it and I'm a car guy. I like doing all the hair-pin turns and squelching of the tires. What was sad was my DW and DS enjoyed it and they could care less about cars. Overall, I can honestly say I won't do it again.

I didn't think it was overhyped, but it was really nothing to write home about either. It was a cool show to see once, but I'm not running to go see it every time we visit the park.

CR, do you mind me asking, what DO you like about WDW?? It really seems like you never have anything good to say about it :confused3
There are many things I like about WDW, so just because I did not like Lights Motors Action that much does not mean I don't like WDW. So you can't judge me based on just this post and because you don't know anything about me. So I personally think that was unfair question that you asked.

Why not ask the same thing to the others who also thought LMA was also over hyped?

My family and I have seen Lights Motors Action one time and while I thought it was a good show, I thought it was way over hyped with the commercials advertising it and etc. I also don't think I would want to see it again because of what I thought about and I guess after sitting there with the hot Florida sun had something to do with my feeling about that. Anyway what are your opinions about this?

We agree with this. We saw this for the first time back in Nov of 2005 as we were traveling with friends and their 8yr old DS was all about cars at the time so he enjoyed himself very much and we were glad that we saw it once but it is not on our most do list by a long shot.

dd and I were so bored and hot. I dont think anyone in my family really wants to see it agian.

we made this a definitly must do on our last trip. the hype made it so much more appealing to us as a family so we were really looking foward to seeing this. we really did enjoy it very much but honestly i am not planning to see it again.

We found it boring. If you like seeing cars drive very fast and almost hit each other, I guess it would be a show that you would enjoy. We will skip it on our next trips. Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter