• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who feels like a threadkiller - Take 4!

Good Morning TKers,
and lurkers alike....:3dglasses

It is suppose to go up tp 60 degrees today!...:yay: rainny but thats ok...I love a good thunder storm:)

We had a very nice weekend...
Friends came over for dinner Sat. night...I made roast chicken( from sams:blush: ), taco salad, and salt potatoes, and a nice big apple pie with French vanilla ice cream!
Then we had the Grandgirls over..well Amber, and the twins...Britt was working. We went and took my mom to McDonalds for lunch, then came home and watched Avatar. All in all a very enjoyable day. Needless to say the scale was not kind to me this morning... :rolleyes:

Today I have laundry, ironing, and a bunch of calls to do. I am also going to go pick up seeds to start for my veggie garden...

I am going to paint my interiors this summer...I haven't done any repainting since we built the house...Its time...I just need to decide if I want to go with the same colors or change... The living room is going to be changed to a wheat color I'm thinking. Right now it is suppose to be tee-pee tan, but it looks more like a very light pink..I haven't liked it much since we first painted it.. So nows my chance to change it.:thumbsup2

Well I am wishing you all a very nice day!pixiedust:
TTFNpaw:

Good luck with picking your paint colours Betsy.

I do not like dong that. I usually get Liz to help me choose colours. Her judgment is much better than mine in those things.

Sounds like you had a very nice weekend with all of your "do-ins".

Now we are off and running into a brand new week. Lots of things to do, places to go and people to see:thumbsup2

Happy Tuesday everyone!:wave:

I didn't buy my seeds yet, I wasn't really happy with the choices, so I will wait until next week..to see what else they get in ..or go to another farm store I know of...more expensive, but bigger selection...:thumbsup2

I have been looking into places to stay for a night in Northport Long Island N.Y. I use to live there when I was a teen, and Mike has been interested in seeing it. So we were going to make a long weekend of it, maybe in May or June. Its hard to believe but I can only find two places to stay there...and they are B&Bs...:confused3 There are hotels, but they are not in the town or really that close...Its so strange, as we have a lot more places to stay here in the middle of nowhere, and Northport is a beautiful harbor town Maybe an hr. or less east of NYC?????. Oh well..He also wants to see Westfield N. J. ( just west of NYC) The city I lived in when I was in grade school(we moved a lot).. I know I can find a place there, but would rather spend the night in Northport LI.

Well I am very sad to say I am looking out my window and its snowing again...and even sticking:confused:....I know it wont last...but I am getting soooo tired of it all....All I want to do is sit in the sun and soak it up....:sunny: All the poor birds just don't know what to do....I put out extra seed for them...;)

Have a good day my friends...:wizard:

TTFNpaw:

Just keep swimming........... just keep swimming............ :fish:

That is just how I feel this days :lmao:

Ann, I got a lovely little present from Sunny today. I am glad she is enjoying her rabbit toy. She is really such a sweetheart. Has she fully recovered from her surgery now?

:wave: Everyone :wave:

Good Morning TKers,
Well it doesnt look to bad out there today...No snow!:cool1:...Still its only 31 degrees right now...:sad2: But Im sure the temps will go up.. uhhhh, :rolleyes1almost sure anyway...LOL

Yesterday I went to town. Albert had a grooming appt. He is looking all spiffy now for Easter..:dog:
I did a bit of shopping, got all my stuffed animals for the kids baskets (13 + two extra, as we are having Julia's boyfriend and son over too), and Some of the things for the Easter egg hunt, I still have to figure out what we are going to have for Easter dinner. I am hoping that by the time Easter rolls around is will be warmer..It should be, as Easter is quite late this year...:thumbsup2

Mike is having a heck of a time with our taxes this year, but the poor guy not only does ours, but my moms too...and this year he is going to help Brittany with hers...I am so glad I dont have to do them...I would be soo lost in it all...He started as soon as he got home last night, and was still going at it at 10PM. Never did finish it, so tonight he will be working on them again...We had someone else do them last year, but it cost so much he doesnt want to do that again...:rolleyes:

So its Friday...any plans for anyone this weekend?....:3dglasses
Nothing going on here that I know of...We will just have to wait and see....popcorn::
Ohhhh I saw "Tangled"...GREAT movie...I may have a new favorite of the newer movies.( 101 Dalmatians will always be my favorite all time Disney movie) I just love the graphics on Tangled, and the personalities are really done well...
Much better then "The princess frog", which was very disappointing to me. I felt like it was done in a rush, and not done as well as most of the other big Disney movies.. Tangled on the other hand is on par (or even better) with Beauty, and the Beast, or Aladdin. Well done!

I have house cleaning to do today:laundy:...Not very exciting, but needs doin:rolleyes:

Have a good one, my missing friends.(Was the lurker sweeper here?:magnify:) ...pixiedust:
TTFNpaw:

Have a good one, my missing friends.(Was the lurker sweeper here?:magnify:) ...pixiedust:
TTFNpaw:

:scratchin: I think you might be right Betsy.

The lurker sweeper has come and dumped them all into the middle of Lake Erie:lmao:

Today we have ........... rain :umbrella: I'm glad that I got most of my errands done yesterday while the sun was shining.

Today I have a ton of laundry to do and a house to clean also. It's Rick's birthday today and I have invited his parents and my mom over for dessert tonight.

Saw this on my laptop this morning...Guess I never hit post...Haha!

Well Happy Birthday to Rick!...:cake:

Just sitting here listening to Mike play the guitar..and watching TV...I put some more pics on my picasa web...
https://picasaweb.google.com/betsyv
You may have already seen these, as I took them last summer...

Have a good evening...pixiedust:

Read a story about the Titanic today in class... I started to get a little worried about the cruise- then I said "Well, I highly doubt that there would be an iceberg in the middle of the Bahamas in August because if there were that would be a problem in it of itself!" LOL

Read a story about the Titanic today in class... I started to get a little worried about the cruise- then I said "Well, I highly doubt that there would be an iceberg in the middle of the Bahamas in August because if there were that would be a problem in it of itself!" LOL

Hey Kelly.... I have been on 19 cruises in the Bahamas and Caribbean area and have yet to see an iceberg.

I think it is safe to say that we should be okay :thumbsup2

So we leave for WDW on Saturday. Had my daughter at the orthopedist today for a knee problem. He is not sure what is wrong with her as her MRI showed nothing in February. He had her go to 8 weeks of PT and it got worse instead of better. He said something is definitely wrong, but he doesn't know what. Could be another meniscus tear or there is a possibility that it is the ACL. He has scheduled her for exploratory surgery this Wednesday. He said he didn't want to wait until after our vacation! :scared1:

He said she'll be good to fly on Saturday, but that at the parks she has to use a wheelchair as there is no way she can do that on crutches. Waiting for a call from SouthWest Airlines to find out how to get a preboarding pass as she will have to sit in a seat where she can keep her leg out straight! Poor kid probably won't be able to go in the pool on vacation!:sad2:

Oh no. I am sure that she is really not pleased with this.

I hope that she will come through okay and not have too much pain to deal with on her vacation.

Oh no. I am sure that she is really not pleased with this.

I hope that she will come through okay and not have too much pain to deal with on her vacation.

Thanks Robin! This is her 3rd knee surgery over the course of the last 3 years and she is actually thrilled that he is doing it this week, because she is in soooo much pain now and one of the medications they have tried even touches the pain. She has to take 3 days off from school after the surgery and the next days are really tough at school because she is on crutches. She is kind of happy that she gets a wheelchair for 10 days as that will be much easier than going to school with the crutches. We have a pretty big campus! She loves her orthopedic surgeon. He really treats her like she is his own daughter.

Poor girl. I can see that she will be glad to have it all over and done.

Also, getting pushed around Disney in a wheelchair does have a certain appeal:thumbsup2

Maybe you should get her a scooter so that no one has to push her.

Poor girl. I can see that she will be glad to have it all over and done.

Also, getting pushed around Disney in a wheelchair does have a certain appeal:thumbsup2

Maybe you should get her a scooter so that no one has to push her.

She'll probably have to have her leg staight out so we need the wheelchair. Good news is the disney wheelchairs have 2 cupholders in the back and a great big netting pouch to hold all my stuff...almost worth the pushing. I figure it will help me toward my goal of Michelle Obama arms too!:thumbsup2

Southwest was terrific. They will have a wheelchair waiting for her at the airport when we get there so she doesn't have to use crutches through security! We can pick up our preboarding slip at the gate! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter